DOA5U How to start my offense?

NSC745

So I've been messing with Tina a lot in 5U and I've discovered I have a hard time starting any sort of offense with her. Here is what's happens to me:

1. I go for a punch grab, I get punched instead. No one online falls for punch grab, or they are just constantly mashing attack.

2. Try to start up a combo using her 6pp6p+k. Sadly it's too slow and I get punched in the face. I'll try something with regular punch, still get punched in the face.

3. I think to myself I should go for a crush so I'll try 44p. This never works for me. Ever.

4. I'll go for 4k, I'll get hit for my efforts.

5. 1p into grab so a punch grab. Prefer JOS. Never works they punch me. And if I do connect with the 1p it still leaves me wide open to a grab or any mid hitting attack if they are fast enough. She has no follow up.

I'm running out of ideas to start any of her combos. I feel like she gets beat by almost everyone. I got so frustrated last night that I started just playing passively, and then I started getting grabbed. I really like Tina I've used her since DoA 2. I'm having a really hard time getting her offense going though. Besides the occasional counter I'm at a lost on what to do. Especially for the people that never seem to stop attacking.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
any great tina player has to be a great holder imo.

her spinning back kick is amazing at starting combos. As is the 4pk with the shotgun kick followup which can then be followed up with either 7P or just PP6P for a nice quick launcher combo and air hold.

really tinas 4K giver her sooooo many options its silly and an amazing long range offensive throw that catches many by surprise and a low throw that will make any jabs wiff.

But really combos are #2 when it comes to tina, you need to realize throws and holds are her bread and butter.

I also like 1P,3PP, and 1K4K7K to get the ball rolling. But any time I see an attack is blocked I try and go for the throw. Tinas 4 frame neutral throw, her charge tackle, 8throw for back stance, rodeo hold, are all great tools to deal with anyone blocking alot.

Still though i find the best too to deal with strike spammers is to just learn to hold really well and play on nothing less than a 4 bar connection.Tinas holds deal massive damage and if you have not instilled a fear/respect of striking in your opponent I'd venture to say you are playing her wrong.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD