How would these changes affect the game?

Argentus

Id like these changes because status quo looks incredibly stupid in gameplay

1. Only moves that actually hit up can launch. So no more low jabs inexplicably making an opponent pop up, or dumb crap like that.

2. If the body falls head forward, a simple tap should no longer make the body completely invert head and feet like the second terminator. That looks wonky as hell.

3. Sidestep being able to actually avoid straight, vertical, and midair attacks. It's weird seeing someone change direction in midair to track someone sidestepping.

4. Sweeps and low attacks should no longer interrupt midair or highs that are sailing clear over them.

I would like these changes just because the matches look wonky as hell right now. But I am curious as to what the "big picture" changes to gameplay would be, beyond the obvious. Your thoughts?

David Gregg

1. disagree 100%. If a move launches an opponent...it launches an opponent. It doesn't have to be labeled as "high" to accomplish that. Also there are many factors go into launches as well not just the move itself.

3. agree. Just in general I think we've all said that sidestepping needs to actually evade attacks in ultimate.

Argentus

1. disagree 100%. If a move launches an opponent...it launches an opponent. It doesn't have to be labeled as "high" to accomplish that. Also there are many factors go into launches as well not just the move itself.

3. agree. Just in general I think we've all said that sidestepping needs to actually evade attacks in ultimate.

1. You misunderstand. I'm saying moves that shouldn't launch, shouldnt be launchers. Only moves that shouod logically launch should be launchers. Otherwise its just idiotic and needlessly pandering. I mean, a light downward jab makes the opponent pop straight up? There's literally no good reason for dumb stuff like that. They should make the move be an upward strike, or just not launch at all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD