How would YOU fix/improve DOA6 in a single 2GB update?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
-I see alot of people say DOA6 needs alot of major changes but, if you had the power to make some things happen and could give the game tuners a straight to the source feedback on what DOA6 could use to flesh it out more, what are some changes you would make? This thread is an honest one where you the poster can state and share what you want. With that in mind, here's some changes I'd want if they said they'd drop an update tomorrow:

°Implement throw breaks for throws 12i or less. Slower special throws/throws tied to a special stance can remain unbreakable since you can crouch them, and the only time a throw is guaranteed is on CH and hi counter hit. Reset throws can be broken too, but make the user still at a slight advantage of about maybe +3 to +5.

° If Break holds must stay, raise the cost to be the same as break blows. By making them cost the same, it'll make you really think on if you want to risk a cheesy hold to escape anything vs a break blow. With how fast we gain meter, it wouldn't hurt imo.

° Alter the ground game so that heavy attacks that teched up once in LR can do that again. The altered ground game imo is fine now but the opponent can still lie there and as soon as you try to go for a force tech, they can just tech up to avoid the 2nd one without any real issues.

° Add more use for the meter, maybe add a special string ender like Tekken 7 has that can only be used when you have a full meter.(Example: If Kasumi has a full meter, she can do 3PP(K) or PPPP(K), a special mid kick based off her new 66PK that causes a special fatal gut stun on NH and if blocked, will leave her at +6 on block. If done in a launch, it'll cause a refloat that allows for more combo potential.). This would let you have more use for your meter if you're not really one to break hold, but you don't feel the need to use a break blow in a particular situation.

°Expand the sidestep system, maybe add an alternative attack you can use if you want to keep the opponent standing as opposed to just knocking them back.

° Overhaul the tracking system and make more universal tracking moves, an old update for example unified most character's tracking 1Ps and made them on par with each other, but Mila for example has a tracking 2K but characters who have similar or same kick types don't, and there's alot of instances where attacks track but their in string variants don't which is a dumb oversight imo. 3Ks that are like Kasumi's 3K imo should track too for everyone that has that kick type.

°An online option to have a lobby that doesn't use meter would be interesting too, to see how no meter would function from a competitive stand point.

°Make story stages playable or selectable as alternate variants.

°Make a more unified DOA Central, like allow universal hairstyles for everyone and use the hair color system as a way to expand it like with the glasses and such.

° Moves from LR that were removed imo can honestly return, they just need to adjust them to make them different to fit the doa6 game system, Kasumi could have had her Power launcher for example turned into a new mid punch launcher, just remove the charge and make it more viable as a launcher. Her power blow coulf have also been used as a charge attack, and if done fully, it GBs and can lead into an attack sequence like Momijis air power blow she had changed in 6.

°Add at least 2 new characters and someone or 1-2 characters not brought over from LR so that way there's new stuff to lab and learn.

°At least 3-4 new stages, Eden beach was the only real new stage added during vanilla 6's life span and it made stage variety kind of boring.

°Bring back all DOA5LR intro and winposes, there's no reason why they only added one of each. If there's not going to be a tag mode, they could also afford to just use the character's tag intros and winposes for that single character in as well as new poses, Kasumi's poses for example when she's paired with Ayane or Hayate could easily be used if they just use her model poses.

°Add in all missing songs from DOA2U and DOA5LR onwards.

°All missing or dummied out content they didn't have for the final game like voice clips and the gallery viewer would be nice.

°The ability to choose the opponent to repeat an attack from their move list would be useful for practicing defense against specific moves or strings instead of having to always carefully record.

°For online rank, they could add an incentive to have a rematch in ranked, for example if a player wins and then tries to decline a rematch against an opponent with a wired good connection when the loser wants another shot, maybe a small amount of FPs of about 20-50 can be deducted from the winner, but if they accept the rematch there can be a bonus for winning again. Special bonuses can also be rewarded if you for example get a perfect, full set perfect, a great for making a comeback, or even something for not using meter or break blows or holds for a set. Things like that can encourage players to not give up and to rely more on core mechanics instead of the easy stuff.

°They should add another series of ranks, I think the jewel ones are kinda cheesy imo, maybe they can add more series like maybe gods/deities, or even DOA terms like maybe Nukenin, Epsilon, Iron Apprentice, etc.

° For ranked match searches, names can be hidden but I think ranks should still be visible so you won't wind up losing points for fighting someone who's way below you, or so you won't be set up for failure by being paired with someone who's far better than you.

°Bruises and costume tears shouldn't be limited to break blows, I think explosions, danger zones, very damaging attacks, and certain falls could trigger it, and it could be ramped up more imo.

°Just my opinion, but the loose hair models should be lengthened to match their tied up versions

dante_huyvu

I just wanna have DOA6 to have DOA5 sidestep system (none tracking moves still hit sidestep attacks), DOA5 ground game and tag team back (i know no one likes it but i and my friends had so much fun with it, and tag team combos, throws look dope as hell). Btw, if they'd bring back all the costumes from past DOAs (some of the old costume pack in DOA5LR look so sick), i'd pay for it no second thought :confused::thumbs up:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
1) Universal throwbreak system is a pretty good one. Throws to be guaranteed and unbreakable only on punishment, during whiff, CH/HiC, and on a BT opponent. Whereas if you are defending / guarding, you have the option to break all forms of standard throws during this situation.

2) Neutral sidestep system to be an actual true evasion rather than invincibility. Something that's far better than what DOA5LR and DOA6 had. Attacks that realign to a 'moving' player with linear attacks is a no-no.

Ex.1: Attacks from linearity should only realign during a SSA.
Ex.2: Attacks from linearity should NOT realign during general neutral stepping. The opponent was meant to go off-axis as any other 3D fighter would.

- If they can't improve the neutral step, then improve the freestep system similar to how DOA3 had it. If the opponent goes off axis for pushing too many buttons and it's linear, then congrats, you have a working sidestep.

3) Wake up kick attacks on priority via CH should knock the offender down to reset the positioning and neutral, rather than giving them a free stun opener against the attacker that put them down in the first place.

4) Some adjustments for CH for backdashing. While I understand that the reasoning for this is to avoid players from backing the entire game, this only really applied to Tatami/Dojo (which is banned anyway), and the other stages can block the person for this due to having a barrier / wall to follow the standard rules that DOA has to be played with the environments on.

- I was thinking that they should just remove the CH hit status for backdash entirely, and then replace it with a higher launch situation instead as a form of punishment.

5) Rollback.

That's it for me. Everything else is a green light.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
1) Universal throwbreak system is a pretty good one. Throws to be guaranteed and unbreakable only on punishment, during whiff, CH/HiC, and on a BT opponent. Whereas if you are defending / guarding, you have the option to break all forms of standard throws during this situation.

2) Neutral sidestep system to be an actual true evasion rather than invincibility. Something that's far better than what DOA5LR and DOA6 had. Attacks that realign to a 'moving' player with linear attacks is a no-no.

Ex.1: Attacks from linearity should only realign during a SSA.
Ex.2: Attacks from linearity should NOT realign during general neutral stepping. The opponent was meant to go off-axis as any other 3D fighter would.

- If they can't improve the neutral step, then improve the freestep system similar to how DOA3 had it. If the opponent goes off axis for pushing too many buttons and it's linear, then congrats, you have a working sidestep.

3) Wake up kick attacks on priority via CH should knock the offender down to reset the positioning and neutral, rather than giving them a free stun opener against the attacker that put them down in the first place.

4) Some adjustments for CH for backdashing. While I understand that the reasoning for this is to avoid players from backing the entire game, this only really applied to Tatami/Dojo (which is banned anyway), and the other stages can block the person for this due to having a barrier / wall to follow the standard rules that DOA has to be played with the environments on.

- I was thinking that they should just remove the CH hit status for backdash entirely, and then replace it with a higher launch situation instead as a form of punishment.

That's it for me. Everything else is a green light.
Wake up kicks that knock down on CH?? I'd love that Tbh, I think they could make Mid kicks provide a CH knock down and for lows it would do a sweep that gives you a chance for a combo if you want to do that, I never though of that tbh!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Wake up kicks that knock down on CH?? I'd love that Tbh, I think they could make Mid kicks provide a CH knock down and for lows it would do a sweep that gives you a chance for a combo if you want to do that, I never though of that tbh!

Yeah, wake up kicks are still relatively powerful. Though part of this is because of the ground game and the damn hitbox those kicks have. Part of this reason I talked about it was to make whiff punishment more proper in rewards. Granted you can just hold the kicks, but it just relies on sheer guesswork at times.

It's to make whiff punishment not screw you over due to some weird hitbox scenario or timed wrong. You can lose like 40% or higher of your health because you mistimed your whiff punishment due to the opponent getting a free CH stun (like what does wake up kick need a CH stun too lol), just for trying to whiff punishment a kick, whereas the whiff punish attack you did could be something trivial, such as a knockback and it wouldn't even be on CH. I think it's a fair trade, but wake up kicks in itself can be balanced differently so it really depends, while still retaining what it does if it lands on NH. That way people can just be like "Damn my whiff punish failed, it's cool. Now i'm on the ground and you have most of the advantage since you are the one standing", instead of "i'm on the ground but I still have an advantage while on the ground as well lel".

Ex. 1) If a wake up kick lands on NH, it should be the same as how it is in DOA now. No changes basically. Same small pushback.
Ex. 2) If a wake up kick lands on CH however, the mid kick could knock the opponent back, and the low wake up kick would immediately knock them down on their location.
Ex. 3) HCH should be the same as CH, though HCH generally only applies if you are trying to throw anyway.. which...would be weird since there's nothing to throw due to the opponent being on the ground or some weird aerial jump strike. Though there are grapplers/other characters with ground throws but because of how lenient that system is, I don't think this is much of an issue.

Basically, it just looks weird that you can get punished that heavily for trying to whiff punish. Obviously of course, whiff punishment is optional when you can just back away from the wake up kick situations entirely, but this is just added flavor where your whiff punishment can simply be on some equal terms with other fighting games.

Note: However, this might buff down throw shenanigans on specific characters/grapplers which could be a good or bad thing, but I was thinking that such characters you just have to be more careful when you are trying to whiff punish wake up kicks in general so eh.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD