I invite You - to my little project on FSD!

GLoRToR

Themesong:

Requirements:
1. A player who loves DoA and is willing to contribute to the community.
2. Positive attitude, good spirits, kindness.
3. The willingness to play the game and post on the forum.
4. Skill level at the game is NOT a requirement.

Project:

Hey,

Yes, me again. After getting enough Jimmies in a twist over my previous post for a whole James Convention to start squirming, I decided to push this further and offer a little exercise to those who wish to create a better community and promote this game, not only bringing players to the site but creating a backbone alongside which new players can start to learn the game.
Do mind that I'm not taking hits at anybody here. I'm offering my point of view.

STEP1: Uniformise the character forums.
Required for people to be able to pick up and play a character. You can call it flowchart and hiss, or you can realise that most people are new to this game and they will want solid, reliable, go-to information. The reason why this won't make it easier for people to beat any of us, is the obvious: there are things about the game that cannot be learned by reading it on a forum. Providing a player with solid, reliable information is how you get people to play a game and stick around.
The following template is my own. As an editor in real life, I understand how information is best distributed but I am not an endless fountain of knowledge even in my own field of expertise and thus, feel free to criticise the following template if you wish. I think it works well.
Once We, (you all, and I) come to a conclusion in how the uniformisation should happen, we shall start posting and within a few weeks we should have the right means to get started with the game for anybody, even your granny.

- Familiarity is required because the human mind likes things it can recognise. This is why we need a uniform way of introducing the game to players. I will propose details regarding this.
- Repetition is the father of all knowledge. It doesn't matter if things have been said before, and if you said it or your friend said it. Props-hunting is well and good but we're looking to improve. People can and should be credited in the end.
- Attitude is where things go south.
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html <~ This is where attitude begins.

1.a. Character Breakdown Thread
- Based on the general approach of my Leifang Character Breakdown thread though obviously not an exact mirror copy, the goal here is to create familiarity.

1.b. Character Frame Data Thread
Wiki templates are being discussed by the management of the site. Until then I believe we can create at least temporary move-data threads for each character in turn.

1.c. Character Combo and Character Video Thread
We already have these, but the OP needs to constantly be upgraded so that people do not need to wade through 20+ pages of discussion to find a single piece of information they have been looking for.
Optimal punish and BNB combo listing should be included in the former, and a regular update of videos in the latter.
If Mr. Wah can find a way to hook the media library to an ID system, we can simply quote videos. The point of this is a quick link where you add something like fsd.com/videos/1234 and then it sends you to the video by ID. Unless this is already possible?
This way we could discuss individual videos in the video thread while keeping the OP constantly updated by the moderator --
yes.

In my opinion-
We need Character Forum Moderators who can do their job on an at least bi-weekly basis, reliable and mature, do not make it a personal issue to be right at any cost and can manage the task.

STEP2: 'Tude management
The other day our moderators have proven that they know what they are doing. They cleaned up a thread like a hurricane and that made my heart go all warm and fuzzy. Finally a site where shit talk doesn't go "unrewarded" and we should promote this.

2.a. Report button
People can't see if you report them, only the moderators can. If somebody is being a dick, report them. Let the moderators know that we do not need trolls and shitposters over here.

2.b. Like the vampire said..
Don't be negative. B POSITIVE!
Even if you are feeling down, annoyed, got beaten or ran over by Bass in his trailer truck, or slapped by Kokoro for trying to look up her skirt, you need to remember that we are all here to have fun.

STEP3: Don't be afraid
Don't be afraid to say what you think as long as you can manage to say it in a respectful manner. Trolls should be the people intimidated by the moderators and the report button, and not the other way around. Good humour is fine. Derailing threads, shitbaiting and behaving like a jerk shouldn't be allowed.
So, post. Contribute. Ask, suggest, help us.

Props here at the end go for people who have been already posting threads and contributing to the forum.

Let's organise!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Uniformity with the character forums is fine and easily done. Those threads already exist in most cases anyway. I don't think character forums need specific moderators, though. Honestly we have quite a few moderators for the amount of traffic we get and there's a mod online nearly 24 hours a day. We rarely miss something for long, even in the sub-forums, and if something is caught by a member they can simply report it using the very button you mentioned and it shines a bright ass light on it for us.

If something positive and constructive comes from your efforts here, then I'm all for it and I'll continue to contribute as I always have myself. Either way I'm impressed by your resolve. Glad to have you in the community, sir.

WebHead

Can you guys add a chat Icon on one of the main tabs at the top where it says "home" "forums"? no one goes to general chat because its tucked in the corner. It should be like DOAworlds. It would be my go-to place when I come to this site.. u know what I mean?

TakedaZX

I'm still working on my breakdown of Hayate but I'd be willing to get a bible started for him. I'll talk to some people first though.

HoodsXx

I'll be willing to talk to some people about doing a Pai/Brad Wong breakdown and be sure to talk to others to work on that.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
@Webhead Although I may like that, it'd be too much code intensive. Though I suggest making a feature request thread for it in the issue reporting board.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD