I see hope in DOAD.

The HuBBs

Ok so far I have expereience real side stepping in DOAD akin to the 3.1 system. Last night while playing I managed to side step Lisa's 9k, P+G. Which btw if you remembe in 4 the last move tracked. I avoided both. Also I dont remeber against who, but i was able to side step a simple mid kick from an ein player. I think it's time to hit training mode and see how far this system has been altered.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This sounds good. I need to ask my friend to play his to see if I can find any "good" changes. Maybe...Just maybe they are using Doa3 as the base engine and not doa4's.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
From what im hearing the recovery window on holds is obnoxiously long and easier to punish.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thats a good thing. More corrective measures like this, will prove this game to be better than what Doa4 was.

R4712-VR88

Last night while playing I managed to side step Lisa's 9k, P+G. Which btw if you remembe in 4 the last move tracked. I avoided both.

Yeah they're both aerial moves, so I can understand that change to make them not track. But there's still ALOT of tracking in this game like in DOA4. I can't sidestep punches or kicks like in DOA3.1. Like, dude, I can't sidestep a single thing againist Kasumi except for her head-lock throw. Everything just tracks no matter how early or late the move is done it tracks.

Allan Paris

What head lock throw with Kasumi? Are you talking about her OH when she flips in the air onto your shoulders?

R4712-VR88

What head lock throw with Kasumi? Are you talking about her OH when she flips in the air onto your shoulders?

Yeah. Her famous
9.gif
f+p.gif
biggrin.png

Raansu

This sounds good. I need to ask my friend to play his to see if I can find any "good" changes. Maybe...Just maybe they are using Doa3 as the base engine and not doa4's.

Its definitely using doa4's system. The sidestepping feels random at best, just like doa4s. Busa's fireball tracks pretty hardcore. I had the AI circle me in training and when I used Busa's fireball the AI was completely behind me and Busa did a 180 and hit him.

Also, sidestepping moves seem to be much tighter. Hitomi's 88p/22p was beast in doa4. In DoAD it seems to barely move to side.

@Riktuo

The length of the recovery for defensive holds is really nice imo, even though its only 2 frames longer in neutral. But the recovery during critical stuns are where its great imo. You can't really get away with spamming low counters and recovering before you opponent anymore.

SkatanMilla

Kokoro 88P/22P still works the same as in doa4, but dash canceling is worse in doad than it is in doa4 so it's harder to space like you want to.

Raansu

Kokoro 88P/22P still works the same as in doa4, but dash canceling is worse in doad than it is in doa4 so it's harder to space like you want to.

Ya they messed up dash canceling, but it feels like they sped up regular back dashing a bit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD