Feature Request Incogno/Draft thread option?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I have a suggestion that would probably benefit several other members as well as myself. FSD has a lot of people who like to make longer posts such as guides and various other similar things that take time and the only way to safely save them when we have to stop at a certain point is by posting the thread to the public where even though the guide/post isn't finished, people still reply and like it although it's not finished in it's entirety. We can save drafts, but for members like myself who mostly rely on mobile devices, this is risky because various things can occur on our phones/portable devices that can cause us to lose several days' worth of text. I remember back when I made the Phase 4 beginner guide and I actually had to start over because an update on my Ipad completely wiped all my information and text, and although I didn't want to have my half finished progress displayed publicly, I had to in order to ensure that nothing similar happened again. The "save draft" option is also dangerously close to the "delete draft" option as well, and I cannot convey how many times I've typed full posts in threads only to accidentally delete it due to how close those options are. XD

So in general, my suggestion is maybe a "Draft thread/incognito" thread option where we can safely post our guide/threads without anyone seeing unless we press create thread option to publicly display it, or even like an option to disable replies until it's finished as well, kinda similar to the mod thread lock option but much less powerful. It's honestly kinda annoying when you're working on a posted thread you had to post in fear of your draft being wiped by accident only to be greeted by irrelevant and unneeded posts minutes later like this:
Screenshot_2016-09-16-17-18-34.png

And this isn't to attack/insult anyone, this is just an example of what I mean.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
That would be a heavy feature, and I doubt it'd ever be done. I don't see the reason it's a problem that people are liking the content before it's even finished. I don't think this feature will be done, but I'll let you know if it ever does.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I mean not necessarily liking it, sorry I didn't think of that XD. It's more about having people reply to the thread when it's not finished like I showed in my ss, and the only way that replies can be prevented is through the mods, and even then you're not allowed to edit posts if you were to ask. But yeah, this wasn't anything major and just a suggestion, I thank you for at least taking the time to view it. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD