Jacky Top 10 Moves

Kurt

Its still early, game is only out for 2 weeks, but its time for some Top 10 Move discussion:

Not counting basic :P::

:2::P:, fast, save, high crushing,

:6::P:, fast, save mid punch

:6::P+K:, fast, very save, high stun

:4::P::2::K:. i tried this move in Training mode, maybe its a bug, but the low kick is very hard to block, simply blocking High/Low won't work, the low block needs exact timing

:6_::K:;:h: frame trap on block, launch on NH

:1::P:, weird move, -5 on Block, but -10 on Hit, LOL, still great for fishing counter hits because its High crushing and stuns on counter hit,

:4::K:, mid "kick", fast, save, high stun

:8::K:, jumping Kick, crushes annoying low moves like crazy

:1::P+K:, mid, save, highly delayble followups

:3::P+K::F:, Hit Throw, guaranteed 67 damage on Hit, no need to play the stun game, 1 Stun is enough, deals less damage than longer combos, however, less worrys about random holds,thus setting up the following move: :6::4::F:, brutal 99 DMG on OH Counter, forcing a Hold from your opponent because of the guaranteed 67 DMG from Hit Throw gives you more chances to throw

Honorable mention
:3::P::P:
:3::K:
:4::H+K:

Situational
:1::H+K:

All his other stuff is either Throw punishable, or at least :P: punishable, it makes no sense that stuff like
:3::3::P: or :6::H+K: are -18 or more on block.
Beat Knuckle :P+K: is disappointing outside of combos ?

I really hope someone discovers some hidden Jacky stuff;)

Zekiel

Beat knuckle isnt as useful in this game cuz its follow up Beat Spin~SS has no frame advantages. In VF SS was safe from most moves allowing jacky to keep attacking. SS had its own frames. like PPK~SSP would crush highs on guard. I'd say the only move that SS i extremely effective is from 1p+k. It crushes everything from guard and on hit gives guaranteed dmg.

KidArk

For me Jacky Moves in no particular order

:2::P: Everything Kurt said

:6::P: Everything Kurt said + The strings it leads to

:6::K::5::h: Everything Kurt said

:2::H+K::K: 12i , it's not safe but it's a 12i mid kick and you can scare people by alternating how many kicks you do so you can cover your ass and mix them up. Also... YEAHH

:4::4::P: FAST SAFE + Mixes up -3block +1 on hit!!?!?!

:3::K::P: ":2::K:" This move man, stuns on NH , so good so good

:1::P: Everything Kurt said + SS and K follow up

:2::P+K: Doesn't look safe, dunno why it's safe but it is, and it's a sit down.

:1::H+K: Good crush + nice stun on NH + FT properties + 14

:6::P+K: -2 Frame traps, stuns on NH DEEP stun

:2::K: ":P:" Safe frame trap and mix up

Honorable mentions
BT :P+K:
:4::P::K: WHY DOESN'T :K: TRACK STUPID DOA LOGIC
What I mean by that is
:P::P::4::P::K: The :4::P: doesn't Track the :K: Tracks
:4::P::K: The :P: tracks the :K: doesn't track?

Wishful thinking..
If they could add some things to Jacky i'd like..
:3::K::P::2::K::4: I mean he has :4::4::P+K: :2::K::4: So why not right?
:P::P::4::P::2::K: So sick So sick..

Zekiel

For me Jacky Moves in no particular order
Everything Kurt said
Everything Kurt said + The strings it leads to
Everything Kurt said
12i , it's not safe but it's a 12i mid kick and you can scare people by alternating how many kicks you do so you can cover your ass and mix them up. Also... YEAHH
FAST SAFE + Mixes up -3block +1 on hit!!?!?!
"" This move man, stuns on NH , so good so good
Everything Kurt said + SS and K follow up
Doesn't look safe, dunno why it's safe but it is, and it's a sit down.
Good crush + nice stun on NH + FT properties + 14
-2 Frame traps, stuns on NH DEEP stun
"" Safe frame trap and mix up
Honorable mentions BT WHY DOESN'T TRACK STUPID DOA LOGIC What I mean by that is The doesn't Track the Tracks The tracks the doesn't track?
Wishful thinking..If they could add some things to Jacky i'd like.. I mean he has So why not right? So sick So sick..
3kp2k4 wouldn't work. jacky lunges foward on 2k so he's off balance

Zekiel

LOL No it isnt. look closer. look at his legs. SS2k is more controlled so he can SS. 4KP2k is not. that why in VF u cant do a good wake up punish after using that move.

WINBACK

I'll leave out 2P and the 6P series since they're obvious essentials.

Top 10 Moves:
P,K = the 2nd hit tracks, and on Counter Hit this string is a natural combo that puts you at +10. Hold forward and then input P,K for extra range. And don't forget the P,K~G gimmick for throw pressure.
K,P series = pressure string. K,P and K,P,P are the most useful and should be alternated, with K,P,P,P and K,P,P,P,K really only there to keep them honest. Take note that K,P,P is +12 on any hit.
1P+K series = a serious mid-punch pressure tool; 1P+K has slightly more range than 6P and stuns on Normal Hit. 1P+K,P recovers quickly and is good for setting up throws once your opponent gets scared and keeps blocking. 1P+K,P,P is crazy unsafe on block, but 1P+K,P,K is safe from i7 or slower Throws as long as you attack, crouch dash, or Low Hold afterwards (but that can be risky too). Alternate and delay this series to keep your opponent on their toes. Lastly, 1P+K,K is great against the wall to set up combos.
4K series = for mid-kick pressure; I prefer the stun on this versus 3K (plus 4K is one frame faster). Also, the second hit of 4K,K is +8 on hit and tracks . Finally, fear of 4K,K,K (and god-forbid the fourth & final K) will make the opponent not want to hit buttons immediately after blocking 4K,K.
3K series = another mid-kick pressure option. 3K,P does a nasty stun. If your 3K gets sidestepped, the P follow-up has a chance of hitting them afterwards for a stun. Use 3K,P,2K sparingly.
66K = fast as hell, good range, and only -7 on block. Knocks them away and closer to the wall.
4H+K = the #1 whiff punisher for your spacing game. Amazing range and safe on block when used at a distance.
2H+K series = your fastest mid-kick that annoys people. Gimmicks galore.
1K = a fast low that tech-crouches and does a decent stun on Counter Hit (you can follow-up with 6P or 6,P for stun game). Has more range and is much faster than 1P, but the stun isn't as good and it doesn't track.
1H+K = unsafe on block...but it tracks, tech-crouches, has good range, is +8 on Normal Hit, and knocks down on Counter Hit.
Sidestep K = if they whiff, this will stun on Normal Hit. Nuff' said.

Honorable mentions:
2P+K = a nasty mid that's +1 on block.
6P+K = I only really use this as a High option in my stun game.
3H+K = when you're in a "low life" war, this is a good keep-out tool if they try to come in. Nice range & speed, keeps you stationary, and has a shit ton of active frames that they'll have to go through. Only problem is it's a high.
8K = I'm still trying to get a feel for this because the range is impressive (and deceitful) and it's only -5 on block. Needs more testing. Too bad it whiffs vs Low Wake-Up Kicks.

Last edited:

Drake Aldan

8K = I'm still trying to get a feel for this because the range is impressive (and deceitful) and it's only -5 on block. Needs more testing. Too bad it whiffs vs Low Wake-Up Kicks.
8K seems to whiff against everything. Is it supposed to be a low crush?
Because it's terrible. :(

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Hey I played Jacky in VF4(and in VF5) but I shamefully neglected his flash sword kick. Is there any way to consistently nail that move in a combo because I am lost.

KidArk

Hey I played Jacky in VF4(and in VF5) but I shamefully neglected his flash sword kick. Is there any way to consistently nail that move in a combo because I am lost.

Practice, it's more of a timing thing than a just frame, which makes it way easier to nail consistently, I find the timing similar to sarah's H+K K H. But that could just be me, find the timing and keep at it till it's muscle memory you're only pressing forward K H there's no tricks at least to my knowledge

quash

I don't get how this game reads inputs, because half the time I hold 6 and try to iaigeri I get the hammer kick instead.

The good news is that the alternate input from VF still works: 236 K then cancel as necessary.

The cancel window does seem tighter than in VF, but I'm guessing they didn't want to give Jacky VF style throw baiting. Still, it's not too bad, you can definitely get it consistently with a bit of practice.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I don't get how this game reads inputs, because half the time I hold 6 and try to iaigeri I get the hammer kick instead.

The good news is that the alternate input from VF still works: 236 K then cancel as necessary.

The cancel window does seem tighter than in VF, but I'm guessing they didn't want to give Jacky VF style throw baiting. Still, it's not too bad, you can definitely get it consistently with a bit of practice.

Ahhh so there is an alternative method to doing this move. Okay then, to the lab!

EDIT: YES!! Its still not easy but its very much attainable. As for DOA Jacky they made him far tighter execution wise because honestly if he played exactly like he did in VF with his easy mode damage and mix up he would be called a bullshit character.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Ahhh so there is an alternative method to doing this move. Okay then, to the lab!

EDIT: YES!! Its still not easy but its very much attainable. As for DOA Jacky they made him far tighter execution wise because honestly if he played exactly like he did in VF with his easy mode damage and mix up he would be called a bullshit character.

It's easier to do the Flash Kick with just 1 finger alone if your on controller/pad.

Lulu

Top 10 Moves ey ?

Alright I'l play along: ;)

1. :6_::K::5::h: - Do I even have to explain ? ;)
  2. :2::P+K: - Its slow but a Frame Trap is always fun. I like using this at the threshold.
  3. :4::4::P+K: - I only started using this move recently..... its utility is very broad. I don't even know where to begin praising this move.
  4. :4::H+K: - Rebound Animation Exclusive only to Jacky...... also the Ultimate Dangerzone Extension move. :)
  5. No Input - Automatic High Punch Reversal... Technically this is the longest :h:old in the Game. Clocking in at Infinite Frames
  6. :3::P+K::5::F: - Using Jacky's combos takes alot of effort and can be very Tiresome.... I break out this move when I'm feeling Lazy.... plus it reacts to Floor Dangerzones.
  7. :4::F: - I love the Animation on this thing.... plus its satifying for punishing Holds on reaction just because of its input.
  8. :4::h: - "Haaa....Heeee......YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!" lol that says it all.... also +10.
  9. :2::F: (To Crouching Foes Back) - LoL... doesn't do alot of Damage but man this Throw looks really painful. It inspired me to punish.
  10. :8::P+K::P: - The Switch Step Chopping Blow.... its Slower than a Power Blow... but oh so satifying when it connects. I abuse this move.
Not the most practical list but hey.... atleast its Flashy. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD