kasumi's Vortex

avi

on wake up she still has access to all her low sweeps witch will beat out all attacks(all her sweeps track) since your at +9 or more and her 3p+k dash to close in on backing up opponents the throw option to beat SS and the kick option to reset the vortex. yeah it wont work on bayman cus he's to heavy. yeah you can tank roll on wake up but it's still a guess i can low throw you or react to that shit (offline).

Arliss

Can't the opponent low block, low counter, or do a low attack when they are rising from the ground to get out?
Well in that case you are STILL at +11. They are at -11, (in some situations you may be at +9,10,or 12 also). Her 4pk will counter blow the hell out of them, launch them then they're put straight back into the "vortex". same thing if you do 33k or 33p. IF they wanna block low/hold low/low attack on wake up. they are at disadvantage. they will get beat out. every time. you could even low throw them for the hell of it. depending on their reaction of course. :]

:kasumi: this works on light and mid weights ^.^ i was sippin a lil bit so if i slurr or repeat my self my b. special thanx to my girl friend for helpin me discover this tech ^.~ love you phylicia aka gt AarLySs
this eliminates wake up kicks and gives kasumi a strong 50/50. can be done on CB NH CH from almost all her launchers. what you choose to do ultimately depends on what your opponent chooses to do on wake up, guessing correctly gives you another importunity to guess again looping in to itself hence the name "vortex". kasumi has multiple responses for each situation. oh yeah.. your welcome =p
^_^ <3 love you too babe.

Reactions: avi

Blackburry

Standard Donor

Excuse the quality I couldn't get my camera to focus. This shows some of the untechables that work on heavy weights.

I also found it possible to do off of 236F+P: 5PF 5PKK7K but that is pretty strict timing.

Reactions: avi

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Kasumi has way more true force techs than Helena now, thanks to her P+K from teleport.

The thing about Helena though is that even if she isn't truly force teching you she is still taking away your wake up kick if you decide to tech on your own and keeps resetting the same screwed up situation, and her options for mix up really hard to read. As of now it's still better than this, but maybe that will change in the future

Madian

Funny, I found a few ground set ups before noticing this thread. I might post some of my own findings if they are different from these.

People posting that this can be beat are missing the point of frame advantage entirely. The point is no matter what the opponent does it's going to start about 10 frames after you started your next move. Obviously if you can go ahead and roll out of a high punch but who says I am going to do a high punch? Frame advantage is just a tool to creating a imx up opportunity but a valuable one.

The biggest problem I have found with it is that it's really difficult to predict weather or not you will be off axis when you and your opponent lands and it may trigger the camera to shift axis. This can really hurt if you are inputing forward or back.

Ridge

This is great info I hope I can take advantage of this with my limited skill lol. heres a setup i like to use that works on heavys and lights 236T 66KK 5PP7K P+K. Does 56 dmg +9 on frame adv.

Hope to find more and thanks avi! do you have any video using your setups in match? Im still new and having trouble following these combos up.

Allan Paris

How you go about setting them up is up to you. Even if you see him doing it, it's how players respond or don't respond to him. That same player will not respond to you the same way they respond to him. You must find your own way into getting players into these. Look at the videos, memorize how they are done and then play players to see when they will allow you to get them in it. The easiest one is her launching throw because you'll get players with that throw setup more than anything else.

Please keep in mind to go for your juggles if you manage to get a counter throw or hit. Setting up these will cost you a nice amount of guaranteed damage for a 50/50 situation.

Ridge

Yeah I figure im gona have to learn the hard way and apply these combos by trial and error. I just think for me I can learn a little more when I see them performed in a match. Like it'll give me some reassurance when I see others apply these combos. For sure though I'm going to try memorize what I can.
I'll try them online and see if I can give some good feedback later on.

Allan Paris

Yeah I get what you're saying as far as seeing them in action first hand. The stuff is solid so you should have no worries about them working. Just know when to do them. Which I pretty much told you on normal hit or her throw. The rest, like you said, trial and error. Once you get it working for you you'll be fine.

Also pay attention to how people respond after being force tech'd. If they show you they will SS most of the time from it, do a tracing move. If they attack pressing buttons from it, attack them back you will win 100% of the time that is if you tech them and they are close to you. If they show you they will back up away from you, throw them. That can be applied if they try to hold from it as well.

That is positive side of the 50/50 if you guess right. If you guess wrong you will take a substantial amount damage for that. From being counter blown if they attack while you attempt a throw, held if you attack because you went into autopilot, SS and then hit with SS move turning the tables on you.

Ridge

Damn thats some good advice, appreciate it Allan. I'll keep note of what you said after force teching. Thanks ;)

Ridge

i got another vortex combo that works on lights, mids, and heavy weights. Credit to DOATEC T.V Weekly B&B for kasumi. I got the first half of the combo from the video then added the rest. It starts with 4K+H which I know isnt that great so you can substitute it for 4PP or 1PP.

Either way its 4K+H 66KK 6P+K 33K 66KK PP7K P+K 108 Damage +9 frame advantage.
102 damage if you substitute 4K+H with 4PP or 1PP.

A small tip, I noticed I had a hard time at first connecting the 66KK after the 33K. Its because I wasn't putting the input for 66KK fast enough. Just want to put it out there that you dont really want any input dellay between those two moves. Oh and for the combo after the critical burst starting with 33K, I noticed you dont have to add CB if you dont want. You can go from 66KK to 33K to 66KK but you create a little space between you and the opponent without CB. So I think its a little harder to land the vortex, at least that was what I was experiencing. Something for the noobs like me :)

Murakame

i got another vortex combo that works on lights, mids, and heavy weights. Credit to DOATEC T.V Weekly B&B for kasumi. I got the first half of the combo from the video then added the rest. It starts with 4K+H which I know isnt that great so you can substitute it for 4PP or 1PP.

Either way its 4K+H 66KK 6P+K 33K 66KK PP7K P+K 108 Damage +9 frame advantage.
102 damage if you substitute 4K+H with 4PP or 1PP.

A small tip, I noticed I had a hard time at first connecting the 66KK after the 33K. Its because I wasn't putting the input for 66KK fast enough. Just want to put it out there that you dont really want any input dellay between those two moves. Oh and for the combo after the critical burst starting with 33K, I noticed you dont have to add CB if you dont want. You can go from 66KK to 33K to 66KK but you create a little space between you and the opponent without CB. So I think its a little harder to land the vortex, at least that was what I was experiencing. Something for the noobs like me :)
Nice combo just be careful with the first 66KK. That second kick can be held even if the first kick connects. People online rarely do it for some reason but it happens.

Ridge

Thanks Murakame. Lol yeah I got a habbit of repeating the move to much. Its good to mix up 66KK into other combos for the sitdown stun once in a while.

After doing this combo and testing on the computer I noticed with the heavy weights your timing has to be a little more strict after the CB to get the ground bounce. Just because they fall so quick.

I also noticed you can just go for the vortex combo starting from 33K to 66KK and finish with PP7K P+K as long as the opponent is near the critical threshold (like when the red critical stun words pop up). I'm guessing because at that point your opponent becomes more floaty and easier to juggle.

DriftSlave

Oh...shit this is alot of tech I wasn't aware of, looks like im going to have to find the time to work this shit into my game, thanks to all the contributors...hopefully i can find some silly random tech that is somewhat useful...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD