Lag?

Doug Nguyen

So does lag work both ways in DOA4, i only normally join green bar lobbies too? But when ever i beat a high level player i always get these pissed off messages calling me a laggy noob. But i have no lag at all. And they only say that when they lose, but when they win they dont even care. Seems like every S or SS player gets so pissed when they lose.

Jefffcore

Depends. They could be making excuses, or there could be delay that you aren't noticing. Usually the former. :p You both experience the same thing.

Doug Nguyen

Depends. They could be making excuses, or there could be delay that you aren't noticing. Usually the former. :p You both experience the same thing.
So lag goes both ways right? But when ever i get those messages, i noticed no lag at all. I can tell when theres a lag too though. But thanks, i just wanted to know if lag goes both ways.

Kronin

So does lag work both ways in DOA4, i only normally join green bar lobbies too? But when ever i beat a high level player i always get these pissed off messages calling me a laggy noob. But i have no lag at all. And they only say that when they lose, but when they win they dont even care. Seems like every S or SS player gets so pissed when they lose.

Doug Nguyen this is exactly what happens to me, and I wanted ask the same thing too.

Kronin

Annoying right. Even worse is when you beat someone with a high streak and they quit right before hand and you get no points.

I fought an Hayate player in the training stage with more of 50 consecutive victories... I knew already how it was possible for him arrive to this number and infact when I was beating him... just before the loss he disconnect himself and then send a message saying that I lag and so he left the match...

just_as_planned_by_urst08_15.jpg

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Really I don't know how anyone can play this game online. It's never "not" laggy. Only something less laggy than other times. If people going to complain about lag they are playing the wrong game if they're expecting not to experience any.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I fought an Hayate player in the training stage with more of 50 consecutive victories... I knew already how it was possible for him arrive to this number and infact when I was beating him... just before the loss he disconnect himself and then send a message saying that I lag and so he left the match...

just_as_planned_by_urst08_15.jpg

Yeah, whenever I see those players with 50+ win streaks, I always know that they cheated for it, and whenever they get defeated, they always disconnect before it counts the loss.

WiZzYx

There is nothing more comforting, that defeat a high ranked player. Generally when they see a low ranked player, stop using their main character and choose one randomly. Not all the S or SS players, are skilled with any character. When lose, their better excuse is the lag, but they know that the reason of their defeat, is another. Never, never understimate your rival...

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Heh, I completely get the whole frustration with lag mentality, but quitting due to having to suffer in the same condition as your opponent? I do not understand.

synce

The host never lags, but the person playing against him might notice lag. At least I think that's how it worked. Something about the way data is sent. With DOA4 though I'm not sure you can tell who's hosting. It doesn't seem to be the person with the crown

Doug Nguyen

Thanks good to know. I got called trash yesterday for beating someone higher in ranking than me. The reason of course was LAG!!! Even though he did beat me before. But right when they lose they cry about it. And to make it worst i was about to beat another higher rank and he quit last second.

WiZzYx

Last week, I found a lobbie of a player (SS rank, I think) didn't want to play with me, because I had two yellow lines of connection status. Clearly, he was afraid of losing points because of the delay ... but, less than a month for DoA 4 definitely die, who fucking cares, that you can lose points? You can exchange them for money?

Doug Nguyen

Last week, I found a lobbie of a player (SS range, I think) didn't want to play with me, because I had two yellow lines of connection status. Clearly, he was afraid of losing points because of the delay ... but, less than a month for DoA 4 definitely die, who fucking cares, that you can lose points? You can exchange them for money?
Yup so true. Im gonna be done with DOA4 once 5 comes around. And theres gonna me player ranked ones and non ranked ones so that should be good for people who dont wanna lose points. Less rage quitting i hope.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Yup so true. Im gonna be done with DOA4 once 5 comes around. And theres gonna me player ranked ones and non ranked ones so that should be good for people who dont wanna lose points. Less rage quitting i hope.

I'm sure you'll still see just as many rage quitters. I'll also never touch DOA4 again after DOA5 hits.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
The thing about online fighting games is that while there may not be noticeable lag by the eye(things like really bad skipping, slow down etc), but there is always delay especially with DOA4 online. It is bearable, but still pretty bad.
Online can effect things like being able to react to strings with holds, reacting to low sweeps, inputs dropping, and making moves that were normally unsafe safe. DOA4 online and DOA4 offline are almost two completely different games. But you won't really notice it unless you've actually played offline.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
The thing about online fighting games is that while there may not be noticeable lag by the eye(things like really bad skipping, slow down etc), but there is always delay especially with DOA4 online. It is bearable, but still pretty bad.
Online can effect things like being able to react to strings with holds, reacting to low sweeps, inputs dropping, and making moves that were normally unsafe safe. DOA4 online and DOA4 offline are almost two completely different games. But you won't really notice it unless you've actually played offline.

Mortal Kombat is even worse too. That game is straight up unplayable online.

Xion

Lag goes both ways. In my case once lag hits I tend to stop. All sense of proper timing goes out the window, but it works out for some people better than others. Thats why I dont take online play too seriously. I dont care if its an SS or a C if I lose its cool, if I win its cool. People who complain about the lag or send angry messages really need to get over themselves, and people who QUIT just before you beat them should just sell the game and buy something else.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD