Leon or Bayman¿

TRI Mike

I've got a friend who mains Leon and always have done since 2005 when DOA4 first came out. He's fairly good with him but both of us have always wondered why he never got attention from the fanbase like the ninjas, Jann Lee and Helena do. I personally think he's far more better than Bayman because of he has more variety in his throws and IN MY OPINION, better combos.

Yet, I always encountered more Bayman player than Leon ones in the online (in fact, I don't remember any good Leons to be honest). So am I wrong to think Leon is better¿ I've seen him placed in the mid-tier before.

Allan Paris

DOA4 Leon is better, I am not sure pertaining to the other DOAs. Still that's not saying much becuase he sucks (in DOA4) when faster characters are put in front of him. Which is just about all of the characters with the excpetion of the heavy weights.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
In DOA 4 Leon and Bayman have different matchups they are strong against. Bayman tends to do better against 9 framers, as well as Helena and Genfu.

Leon does better against just about everyone else.

Typically though, Leon has much more of a decisive rapestomp game if you are correctly reading your opponent.

You fuck up once against leon and you're liable to lose half your lifebar in a couple seconds. With bayman its more about heavy guessing, parries, and OH abuse. Most people are scrubs who spam counters anyway, so this fits them.

With leon you have quite a few more legit setups, but they require heavy knowledge of the entire casts frame data.

in DOA:D however, Bayman has 236k, or pp6k, which gives godly frame advantage. This easily puts him over Leon.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
All of his setups are based off of the fear of big OH damage, or his deep stun off of 3P (which launches when double tapped).

+9 allows him to manifest that threat with impunity.

If they countered immediately, that actually wouldn't change the situation much as Bayman is one of the few characters not going to be relying on too many strikes for big damage.

I can frankly just spam offensive holds if they got counter happy. But you have to understand If they did nothing, they would fall straight into my biggest OH. If they slow escaped, they would fall right into my OH's anyway since they'd be blocking coming out of it. If they waited and striked, I would not only land my OH, I would get high-counter damage for it. If they were mashing buttons while slow escaping, the OH would still win 90% of the time as anything they tried would be inaccurate as a mother fucker thanks to crazy input and the sketchy buffer system.

And if, on that rare occasion, they decided it would be more fun to throw me out of my OH, I can mix it back up with my kick to put the frame advantage right back on. This kick can also result in a wall hit leading into other mixup possibilities (remember I still get ground throws if i let them crumple to the floor after they hit a wall).

All in all, it's a platform for giving people a great fucking headache.

And no its not perfect, because nothing in DOA 4/D is. But it is better than pretty much anyone elses offensive options since it covers so much. Even Helena's bukuho loop required mixing up with unsafe options. . . I have no such problem here.

Considering Bayman can go straight into this platform of death from a high jab string makes it only more OP.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD