Most efficient way to stagger/slow escape in DOA2U?

WAZAAAAA

I've searched for this and I've found 3 different ways explained, and they were from different games too.

So I'm going to ask this: what's the best way to SE in DOA2U? Consider that I'm using a 4 way directional pad. :2::6::8::4:
Also, is there a max limit set to how much you can SE a stun, or it entirely depends on how fast you press buttons?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Depends on how fast you can press the buttons, but there is a limit to how much stun time you cab decrease.

WAZAAAAA

What about the inputs? Do they have the same value? If I SE by pressing:
:2: 5x times
or
:P+K:5x times
or
5 different inputs
would it have the same effect in all 3 cases?

Do we know the exact number of inputs that are required to do a full SE?
When doing full SE, does a stun time always reduce by the same fixed amount of frames or it depends on the stun?

Lots of technical questions I know, but if someone answers at least the first question I could try testing the second one and share the info here.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I've attempted to see how many inputs are necessary but could not get consistent results.

In 2, 3, and 4 you also had the invisible stagger escape meter. The more you se'd the less inputs you have to do.

Alex_MaGanda

Stagger escaping is essesntial if you wanna be high lvl player. Took me a while to learn to stagger escape properly what do you recommend to do after you Stagger escaping?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Guard, then guard and launch when your opponent picks up on it and tries to throw during your stun recovery.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD