Need help with Rig

TRI Mike

I've just started going through Command Training with this guy and he seems to be severely, VASTLY underrated. I'm very sad that this is the first post in here since April 4th... But after looking at some of the older threads I'd like anyone to help me with a few things.

1- From what I understand, all his sit-downs guarantee 8K, which is great since PP4KKK works on all weights.
2- DOA5+ has a nice juggle off 426T but I can't land it on heavies and sometimes miss the mids. Any variants I should know about¿
3- What are the best moves to use after a blocked "Dragon Kick" or Bending throw¿
4- What are his plus-on-block (besides 4KK) and safe moves¿ I'm... kinda lazy to check one after another since you can't keep the details window open in Command Training.
5- Any tricks in general¿ playstyle I should use¿ I main Tina and Helena and Rig seems MUCH different that the blondes so I'd like assistance.

COME ON THIS GUY DESERVES BEST.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'm also interested in this character and looking forward to this thread. He seems a little too "spin-ny" a la Eddy Gordo for my tastes though.

SchwarzPhy

Off the top of my head:

1. I think his sit-downs guarantee 33K which gives a higher launch than 8K
2. I don't know the DOA5+ juggle but I use 6P+K(I think that's the turn leg cut command) 6K 4KK 6H+K K or sometimes instead of 4KK I do K2KK but I can't land it consistently.
3. I usually go with K or 4K or bait a hold after his throw mainly because I can't think of anything better.
4. All I can think of right now is BND 6H+K is +0 on block
5. I try to keep constant pressure on my opponents. He's pretty safe and has a good guard brake off of PKK or H+KK

I just started using Rig so I'm still experimenting hopefully this stuff will get the conversation started.

Lobo

I just started playing him as well. I find a quick 4K right into a BND 4H+K can put on a ton of pressure. It's a twirling stun if it hits, and a GB if they block.

Also, I think his 7P/BND P is pretty underrated, especially after his BND T, mostly because they're going to look to either crush his follow-ups, or counter mid-kick. I also try to throw in BND P+K at times.

BND 3K is probably the best option though, as it catches everyone who likes to step after it.

If you hit with 7P you can chain sit-downs from 7P > 7K > 66K >CB (im pretty sure its not fully guarenteed though) or you can just go straight into 33K.

My CB follow-up is:
CB > 6P+K (turn stance) H+K > K2KK > BND 6H+KK. It's the most damaging I've done so far, and is by far the most flashy.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I wonder what Rig's CB setup would've been at E3 time. That would've been something to see. Was he playable in the closed-doors presentation? No, right?

TRI Mike

OK I think I'm completely in love with this fucker. 8K is one of my favorite things in the world now and the insane amount of frame traps is an extremely nice change over what I'm used to. Most of them (if not all) are highs though so I have to learn to work around that.

I'm having constant problems landing :6::P+K::6::K::h::4::K::K:BND:6::H+K::6::K: as a juggle off his super launcher to heavies and Gen Fu. It's annoying but I've done it so I have to work on the timing. Is there any other option for walls¿ the first kick stops the juggle if the opponent is close to a wall so I need a variant to play there.

Another thing. Does he get anything free off his mid-kick hold¿

TRI Mike

8K is extremely cool and I like how I can keep opponents trapped between BND throw and his frame traps, it's very nice.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD