Official DoA5U Pai thread

Has anyone else noticed that Pai seems a little slower possibly, well not overall but with the buffering time now it just feels weird with her.

Codemaster92163

Buffering in general has become more strict, so her P P P floats are more difficult, and moves used after 66H+K sometimes disappear unless you delay them more than you're used to since the recovery has been increased. So she definitely feels more slugish, but that's because we can't input commands as early as we once could.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
It's really, really annoying. You have to cancel :3::P::K: as fast as you can, do an incredibly short burst dash forwards, then use it. Took me a few minutes for it to hit.
Thanks for the tip, I still can't do it. My skills are not up to snuff!

SaikyoJoe

Gonna throw out the noobiest question I can: If I'm going to pickup up Pai, what are the things I need to know? I main Mila and was thinking of switching or using her as a backup, so I want to cut to the chase so to speak as to what I need to know first with her.

Last edited:

synce

Unlike Mila, Pai can get guaranteed damage from moves like P+K and 66H+K. The damage is hilariously low (ex: you get like ~70 off CH 66H+K, compared to Lisa's 100 off CH 9K), but you don't have to gamble. You can also keep opponents scared to attack with her frame traps (P, 2P, P+K, etc), then sneak in a throw. Otherwise it's your typical stun games.

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

You'll want to know what her best safe pokes are as well.

That being P, 3KP, 9K, 8P, 6P, and while not a poke, 7H+K is phenomenal.

Also you'll want to let go of any reservations you may have when it comes to throwing. If you're not throwing with Pai, you're missing out on a lot of damage and set-ups.

Also keep in mind that you will have to be creative with her. She needs a lot of hits in most cases to reach max stun for a CB, and she is the weakest character in the game, so for damage you'll need to do a lot of combos/throws.

2P is great to cut into an opponent's offense, and if it stuns, she can usually follow it up with P for a continued stun.

Know what's guaranteed with her and what's not. Some of her counters guarantee certain combos, as well as some throws. You can always risk the guaranteed strings for more unconventional mix-ups to get a lot of damage, but that's for you to decide when to do it. It always helps to know what you can do for free, though, especially when the opponent is low on health.

And remember her new hair. That's one of the most important parts. As Destructionbomb would say, #SupportThePai

Codemaster92163

Not sure if the rest of you have known, but 6P+K is an occasional high crush. I say occasional because it only crushes high-hitting highs, such as jabs, but not lower hitting ones such as Hayate's K. This means that she has a reliable crush after moves like BT 4P that can transition into her HKS stance and negate SS Ps at the same time. It's 15f, so at plus 2, you're at 13, which ends up beating out most lows/mids and crushing all jabs. It's also a NH stun with a long delay capability and 2 followups, so it's a great utility move and becomes one of her most useful crushes (since 2P no longer guarantees anything and 2P+K is really slow) though it still doesn't fulfill the roll of crush half so well as 7H+K.

But yeah, I thought you guys might like to know that. It's great to use against players who often jab or SS at the start of the match, since it can eliminate both options. It's still by no means her best move, but knowing that it can crush a lot of highs should help everyone put it to better use.

Nameless Sama

Hello People ! I am searching the whole day players. I want ot make for my 400 Subcirber a Combo video contains all characters but I am not godd with everyone cause I am focus on 1 Character. As a Pai player I want form you if you really want to join that you can some powerlauncher combos to a near object and some stage combos ! I am really glad for any help. if you have questions please feel free to tell me on my side or write a PN. required a PSN account

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD