News Official Japanese Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate Tournament Announced

fr87436.jpg

Looks like Tecmo Koei is getting serious about promoting DOA5U competitively in Japan. Alongside the recently announced location test dates for the game's arcade version, TK has announced their official tournament for the game.

Qualifying rounds for the tournament will take place in different arcades throughout Japan staring this November all the way through to January next year.

Here are the dates and locations for the qualifying events.

Qualifying Round
  • November 16, 2013
    • Club Sega Shinjuku West, Tokyo - 2:00PM to 5:00PM
  • November 30, 2013
    • Sega Namba Avion, Osaka – 2:00PM to 5:00PM
  • December 1, 2013
    • Club Sega Nagoya Fushimi, Nagoya - 2:00PM to 5:00PM
  • December 7,2013
    • Game Corner Eastern, Sendai – 2:00PM to 5:00PM
  • December 14, 2013
    • Hyper Messe, Fukuoka - 2:00PM to 5:00PM
  • December 21, 2013
    • Dinos Park Sapporo Shiroishi, Sapporo - 2:00PM to 5:00PM
  • January 12, 2014
    • Tecmo Koei Games Ichigaya Plant, Tokyo - 2:00PM to 5:00PM
The final round itself will take place on January 12, 2014 at Tecmo Koei's Ichigaya Plant in Tokyo at 6:00PM - right after the final qualifier.

All games for the tournament will be run on the PlayStation 3. Version used will be 1.03.

You can find out more about this and the location test dates over at Shoryuken.com.

Last edited:
Does the use of 1.03 mean arcade edition will have no balance changes?
They're using the PS3 version for the tournament. Even if they add changes to the arcade version, it's too close to the tournament dates to be used.

I'll be there hopefully to take some mental notes on some of the players and the game itself of course.

But I'm looking forward to seeing what the cab looks like. I'll take pics when possible

Can anyone help me translate this page relating to the rules beyond a basic google translate? It looks like it's going to be single elimination 3 rounds.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ot2012.html

First of all, that's a page talking about last year's DOA5 official tournament, not this one.

It's character-lock, meaning you choose one character for the entire tournament.
First to 3 rounds wins 1 match.
1P/2P side is decided by rock-paper-scissors.
Please bring your own controller, but if your controller does not work you'll be forced to use either the provided DS3 pad or the DOA5 Arcade stick.
Turbo function must be off.

First of all, that's a page talking about last year's DOA5 official tournament, not this one.

It's character-lock, meaning you choose one character for the entire tournament.
First to 3 rounds wins 1 match.
1P/2P side is decided by rock-paper-scissors.
Please bring your own controller, but if your controller does not work you'll be forced to use either the provided DS3 pad or the DOA5 Arcade stick.
Turbo function must be off.

The japanese are crazy only playing 1 match. So I can only assume it's going to be similar.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD