Pai unholdables

Codemaster92163

With unholdables thrown back into the mix in this current patch (though if this is patched out, this thread will be locked until they become relevant again), I figured it was a decent opportunity to compile a quick list of a few moves which cannot be held after a FT.

After P+K and 66P+K:
1H+K
3P

After 1H+K:

After 66H+K:
BT2K

After 2P:
66P+K (only if they try to counter low, otherwise it whiffs)

After 3P:
1H+K

After 3P4:
BKT K (won't connect unless near wall)

There's bound to be more, since I only did a quick little run while thinking about the topic. Some are useful, some aren't. Some are a bit risky, other's aren't. It's just something I'm putting out there in case you can find a use for it. The obvious trend is that they're all lows, and while I'm not sure why that is, it just so happens to be that way.

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
UPDATE!

After :3::H+K: > :P::P: (normal hit) (drop combo after the second punch):
:1::P+K: (PB!). This requires strict timing. Must input immediately after the combo shown above. You MUST land on 40th startup frame in order for the PB to work (the opponent can hold at the 41st frame, the PB wind/gust animation starts on the 39th frame).

After :3::H+K: > :P::P::K::K: (counter hit):
:4::6::6::P+K:
:H+K:
:3::3::P::K:

Codemaster92163

After a :P::P::K::K: wallsplat, :4::P+K: > BT :4::P: is unholdable if the opponent tries to tech right away. So that's either a +3 or heavy stun free. If they don't tech and decide instead to kick, you just take NH damage from it and get pushed back, so you're not in a bad spot either way.

Timasty

Haven't found anything yet. I tried to find an unholdable :3::P::[K]: which wouold be pretty sick, but I wasn't successful so far... Still searching though.

Codemaster92163

Important correction on that last one. It only sometimes works, and it depends on how they tech, so don't rely on it, I guess. Use it very sparingly to catch people who don't see it coming.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
New unholdable!

:1::P: > :3::3::P::K: > :6::6::H+K:.
On Normal hit (after :6::6::H+K:): Gives +4 advantage.
On Counter hit or High Counter hit (after :6::6::H+K:): Gives +20 advantage and guaranteed SDS (after :6::6::H+K:). You can also followup with a guaranteed BT :4::K: or :2::P+K::F+P: after the SDS.

Last edited:

Timasty

Got one aswell:

An unholdable after a :4::6::H+K: (+44FA - +46FA doesn't matter) against all weightclasses except Superheavyweight & Featherweight:

(Juggle) -> :4::6::H+K: :P: :4::4::P:(Whiff) BT:4::P:
giving +3FA on block or crumple stun (believe it's called like that) which is pretty sick.
Only works if they TR.

Timasty

Here's another one after a 46H+K combo:

(Juggle) :4::6::H+K: :P: :1::H+P: :6::6::P+K: Works on all except Alpha & Superheavy
(Juggle) :4::6::H+K: :P: :2::H+P: :6::6::P+K: Only works on Superheavyweight

Even if they do block it, it's still safe (-5FA).

Codemaster92163

I was internet-less for a while, but that works out well for most of you since I figured out something rather useful. Well, one thing that's pretty damn useful, the others are relatively less-so. But anyways...

After ending any string with :P::P::K::K:, :3::P: is actually unholdable. Meaning you'll either hit them while they're grounded, giving you a FT or an opportunity for one, or you'll just safely smack their shins. This means it's a pretty reliable way to end any of her :4::6::H+K: strings since you'll literally never have to deal with WUKs or being countered using this method.

I believe it's been known, but any of Pai's i20 moves (:6::6::H+K: and :1::H+K:) are unholdable after a :3::P+K: ender in a string on all weight classes.

On all lightweights, ranging from Mila to Leifang and Pai, ending a :4::6::H+K: bounce with :P: > :P: > :P: > :P::P::K: will net almost as much damage as the other options, plus make :4::P: unholdable, giving you +1 if they tech. Not quite as nifty as the other one, since you will still deal with WUKs using this method, but whereas the :3::P: method isn't quite great on block, this one is great on both block AND hit without sacrificing much damage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD