DOA5U Pai Workshop Lobby on PSN (Date TBA)

Codemaster92163

For anyone interested in learning a bit about Pai, I'll be creating an open lobby on either Saturday or Sunday of next week (the weekend following Black Friday), based on the day that's best for most people.

It will be an open 16 person lobby, though I doubt it will fill up. The lobby name will be Pai Workshop, and it will be set on dojo for players to spectate.

The purpose of the lobby isn't to teach you about DOA5U; f you need to learn basic mechanics or when to counter, block, etc., you should look elsewhere. I'm not even here to teach anyone HOW to play Pai, but rather demonstrate potential mix-ups, a few of her better combo variants, combos for her various launches, and other general tools.

To be saved a spot, message me on here or on PSN (I still don't think it's necessary), and let me know which day (Saturday, Sunday, or both) works best for you. I may even run the workshop on both days if the divide is split even enough.

Feel free to let your friends that are interested in learning Pai know. I'm simply trying to get more people interested in her and supporting her, so the more the merrier.

Update: I'll be hosting it on both days to accommodate the most amount of people. The lobby will open up a little before 8PM EST for both days, and will continue for an undetermined length of time.

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

So for you @DestructionBomb , you'll probably want more poke variety than just 6P and P. She has a lot of fast, safe pokes like 9K, 3KP, 2P, etc.. Also, if you're going for range when using 66P, you could be better off using 4P for the +1 instead of the -6, although you do run the risk of being countered as it's 6 frames slower, or opt for a 66H+K, for increased distance and SDS, but being -5 and BT on block. Also, feel free to use her MS more. You can scare people into blocking with it for throws or get a SDS from a failed counter. The more you use it, the less people counter and the more they block.

@tekkin88 off of her counters (like mid K and low K) you're better off going for a launch on NH instead of a string. On CH and higher, you can get more damage going for the strings you were trying, but guaranteed damage is nice in any situation. Feel free to use 2P a little more than you were. Especially against characters like Brad, it helps to knock them out of dangerous stances or just stop their offence quickly and safely.

And both of you could use her sitdown stuns a little more often. They're not the best things in the world, but every single one guarantees a followup, and against players who can't SE as fast as possible, P+K nets you a free CB.

Malfury

Will any more of these workshops prop up any time in the future? My Pai is collecting dust now because I'm stumped on a couple issues regarding unpredictability. If anything, I'll post a video here and get it looked at at the least.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD