Problems with Christie vs Brad wong

UPSFANBOY420

I keep running across Brads who only lay on the ground. When I try to do the ranged jump attack, 8pk, my input keeps putting me into the jakeiho side step. How do I fix this?

My options seem really limited in this situation and the matches are really repetitive and stupid. Its just me sliding into brad on the ground and then seeing who can land throws or strikes. My strike options seem really limited and I dont see what I am supposed to do besides chain throw.

Lei

For starters 8pk isn't even an input for a "ranged jump attack" I would assume you meant 8p+k which still doesn't put you at a ranged jump attack.

UPSFANBOY420

For starters 8pk isn't even an input for a "ranged jump attack" I would assume you meant 8p+k which still doesn't put you at a ranged jump attack.

Yes, 8p+k. That is the jumping attack that stomps players on the ground, right?

FakeSypha

JAK :6::P: can hit Brad while he's on his laying stance. And if you follow it by a second :P: you have a semi-decent range. Don't rely much on that, tho. Also, remember that you can low throw him while his laid on the ground as if he were crouching.
JAK :1: :K::K: is double low sweep that could help you. Other stuff that you could try are: :2::P:, :1::P:, BT :2::K:, JAK :4::4_::K:, :2::H+K:, while running :2::K:, etc.

What you need to do is avoid throwing highs, since of course they'll whiff. Brad Wong has a nice mid kick from laying stance that launches on CH and crushes highs and some mids, so be wary of that. He can also grab you from the ground.

P.S. as the ones above said, don't try :8::P+K:.

DR2K

Go at mid distance, bait him to attack and do qcb p to put him in a sitdown stun.

low jab and 2 f+k are great at getting him out of stance.

Scornwell

1k has some good distance but slow speed, I use that alot against Brad on the ground.
Or for a quick approach, 3p+k pp.

HoodsXx

Do you guys not realize he can step while in lay down? owo... All of those you said except for JAK 1K, don't work. 2H+K I step and can hit you afterwards, even the follow ups I can step. running 2K mega punish right there... Jak 6PP also doesn't work. I can step both then punish you same with 3P+K PP. I can do the same too. ...

FakeSypha

Yep, that's true. Brad can step linear attacks from laying stance. Then it's a matter of choices and guesses. If Brad steps all the time while he's laying down he gets predictable, and then it's up to the Christie player to adapt and punish with tracking moves and throws. So yeah, mind games I guess. Christie's 1P tracks, BT 2K tracks, JAK 1K tracks, 3_P tracks.

Even if Brad relies much on stepping, he needs to actually pull a right timing on them or he'll be back on his feet. Christie has plenty of mids that hit Brad when he's laying, most of them non-tracking, tho.

The things is Christie has options to get Brad out of his laying stance. Some more viable than others, of course.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD