"Promise me, you won't tell anyone" Honoka General Discussion

Nikotsumi

Question for the Honoka mains: When you do 6H+K and do the P+K follow up and they fall down and they tech up are you + or is it like some sort of unholdable? Also are there any more set ups where the opponent falls down while youre doing a stance and they immediately tech up?
I haven't played DOA in ages so there may be something I remember wrong but, as it was stated, nope, there isn't. If you DS P+K after 6H+K and they do not guess a hold (and fall down) you'll still be in Dragon Stance and even at + if they teched up, what I do in this case is just Dragon Stance 4PP (4P may even hit them in the ground if they didn't tech up right away) to go in DS mix ups again if it hits or just delay a Dragon Stance K.
You could also do nothing instead and wait to go back in neutral stance but it takes ages and you'll be at - for sure if they teched up.
Moral of the story : after 6H+K, it's better to just do DS P instead of P+K, they're both highs and transition into HnK (on hit). What P+K has over P is just damage (and it's "better" stun filler), or if you wanna really use P+K, wait for them to actually guess a hold.

Set ups with Bokuho 4PK > PPP > Dragon Stance 4P during juggles always negate wake up kicks so it's nice.
There are also juggle set ups I use with Bokuho stance, for example :
Launch > 8K > BKO 4PK (or 6H+K > DS K depending on the launch height) > 214P+K, this also negates wake up kicks and if they tech up you're at + in Bokuho Stance, the same situation (more or less) as when you end a wall combo with 4PPP into 214P+K.

As for unholdables for stance-specific moves... I don't think there's any, maybe something with Dokuritsu-Ho by ending a juggle with PPK, but I'm not sure at all... I'd have to check it out again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD