Proposed rule change for DOA.

Chane the match points from 2/3 to 3/5?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

The HuBBs

I suggest that for tournaments we change it from a 2/3 match points to 3/5 all the way to GF. GF will still be 4/7 match points. I only suggest this as the tekken community has accepted and seem to enjoy this change. I figured this might make the DOA tournaments, offline and on, more interesting.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Was there a reason for such a change? I'm not sure if it is needed for Doa just yet. But I do propose we use the smash method for stage selection.

R4712-VR88

I wouldn't mind a three out of five game. Matches would last abit longer and possibly more upsets would occur. Since there's more matches, the players get more time to read their opponent and make comebacks, etc.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm okay with 3/5 as long as it stays normal health. Largest health at 3/5 is just taxing and unbalanced.

I've discussed the smash thing on the side with you, but i'll reiterate hear. It creates an imbalance as one player will have the opportunity to select the stage more than the other. Plus, you have to figure out who goes first. In DOA4 I can see it not being as much of a problem, but DOA3 and DOA2's stages are heavily variant in terms of what characters have advantage in the level. It's just easier for all parties to agree on random select.

In comparison, Tekken 6, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter all do random select and each have map environments that give advantage/disadvantage to certain matchups.

The HuBBs

we'll forgo the smash level selection for now un til we can experiment with it sometime. However we will go forward with the 3/5 match points. Who knows maybe this will lead to something that could help revitalize the community.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD