Punish throw variants

TRI Mike

OK I've forgotten to ask this since the DOA4 days but here goes.

Tina's punishing throw, :6::F+P:, has three different variants where :4::4::F+P: is a little stronger than :2::F+P: and neutral. The three versions slam the opponent to the ground and no matter what, 44 seems stronger than 2 and neutral. So what's the point of using the weaker variants¿ why are they even there¿

Doa_Eater

Lol I've been wondering this myself ever since i started playing. Enough with adding throws!!! Heard that she may have a new air throw in U.

RubinRoon

I think 44 switches sides. Might get you in trouble somehow, but honestly, those situations are rare (maybe the slope on scramble)

Koompbala

I did cover this in my guide I finally got around to posting the throw breakdown section, but yeah it seems they are for placement. Well 2T and 44T that is I'll just copy paste the description on this grab. Here are my thoughts on 6T......

6T/ 2T/ 44T
If you do 6T and the opponent techs right away you're at -12. If you do this make sure that 48 damage will K.O. the opponent. Not that it's punishable, or anything. I have done this when the opponent is against a invisible wall, so the opponent would be as close ass possible on wake up. When I did that it pushed back regardless, so it can't be punished luckily. Still though fuck 6T on its own.

For the 2T variant I don't really know the point of this grab. Its a pile driver that does 50 damage, but doesn't leave her negative, so it does have more use than 6T. I guess this could be used for placement like if you want to stay in the direction your headed then use this.

Finally for her 44T variant this is her strongest version of 6T at 53 damage and should be the only version used. I didn't check thoroughly, but I do believe this is the most damaging punish grab that's practical. I didn't forget about hayate's 236T that's why I put practical. There isn't much else to say about this grab.

Rapham0n

OK I've forgotten to ask this since the DOA4 days but here goes.

Tina's punishing throw, :6::F+P:, has three different variants where :4::4::F+P: is a little stronger than :2::F+P: and neutral. The three versions slam the opponent to the ground and no matter what, 44 seems stronger than 2 and neutral. So what's the point of using the weaker variants¿ why are they even there¿

I've actually seen this in many fighting games. (Especially Tekken). There usually is a ton of moves/combos/juggles/throws/setups/etc. that end up being nothing more than a waste of space because they are completely outshined by other moves/combos/juggles/throws/setups/etc. that your character has for the exact same situations. It makes you wonder why the game developers even bothered to put certain moves in the game in the first place. There are even some moves in some games that serve no purpose at all. What can I say? Game developers go a little fubar sometimes. I think all that time spent cooped up in their tiny offices gets to them after a while...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD