News Pwnit! launch supporting DOA5U

JohnOC

In support of the new Halloween DLC and in partnership with Team NINJA and TKA our startup Pwnit! launched in open beta. Please check us out when you have a moment at beta.pwnit.com. Anyone can sign-up, create a profile, upload clips, vote and win on the Ladders.

Basics
You can upload short video clips of your gameplay on a profile and build out a resume of play over time that's easy to share and designed to showcase whatever you want. You can submit those clips to Ladders, earn votes, win prizes, and vote on others. This week and next week there are open Ladders on DOA5U (anything goes) and objective Ladders for single player clips or tag team clips. The Top 5 clips when each Ladder closes win the DLC. We'll be constantly changing it up in terms of objectives and prizing.

Screen Shot 2013-10-21 at 6.36.17 PM.png

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
From what I'm reading this is a "send in your videos" thing.

You could probably send in offline recordings.

Yeah, I read that, that's not what I'm getting at. Some times, ladders kind of refer to online play (in gaming). So it's just my assumption (doesn't mean it is a correct assumption).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah, I read that, that's not what I'm getting at. Some times, ladders kind of refer to online play (in gaming). So it's just my assumption (doesn't mean it is a correct assumption).

If you took a look at the site you'd see that it's an video/screenshot submission site. The "ladders" are voting contests for the best video/screenshot at the time, the winner gets a prize.

Nowhere did it mention about "online play".

and objective Ladders for single player clips or tag team clips.

JohnOC

HajinShinobi - with you on Ladders as traditional online terminology. Drake Adlan and Mr. Wah are correct - you can submit video clips of online play, offline play ...cosplay, unboxings, Xbox clips, PlayStation clips, Dreamcast clips, import Saturn clips, even mobile clips of all of the above. if somebody recreated the new Lorelei stage IRL that'd be fair game. Darkton93 - the current/future Ladders are multi-platform even though the initial DLC prizing is for PSN DLC. You can upload/submit Xbox clips and we'll have some Xbox prizing coming up...

Crext

Standard Donor
Oh noes, looks like I'd have poor odds as I got no friends! :p

Good thing I'd already bought most of the DLCs. They really should put out a complete pack in the EU though.

Yaguar

Had a bash at uploading a clip last night, left it over night and after 8 hours it still hadn't finished, just stuck on "Please Wait".

I have decent upload and often put my stuff on YouTube pretty quickly so I'd like to try proclaim that it wasn't an internet issue at my end as best I can. Still in beta I understand but the lack of feedback to upload progress is a tad messy.

Any chance of a YouTube link option or connection to your YouTube account? Something like that would be smart.

Extra note: I record my games via video capture then upload, not via the in game uploader so it was a file from my PC.

JohnOC

Yaguar - thanks, just received your message. Sending you a direct message via the Pwnit! system as well. The real-time uploading animation displaying file progress is in our development cue under testing. Since the format of the site is highlight clips, we recommend file sizes under 100MB. Chrome browser provides in-browser file transmission %. We appreciate your detailed feedback.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD