Quick question...

What would make Brad Wong better?

• Not getting hit by mids while laying down

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Being able to counter mids while laying down

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

WiZzYx

First choice...would be a great to him. Their evasive game would grow up to measureless levels :p

Tones

Premium Donor
Neither. You just learn to use him better.

Entering his laying already crushes mids and certain moves in his laying stance can crush mids as well. Pressing 8/2 actually side steps/evades properly now in this game (4p8/2 as well for that matter), which is a huge improvements. Not every character and low OH him out of the stance and other attacks (4p, 2k+f, BT 1p, 66k+f just to name a few) He can still do a low throw. He also still has OH from laying.

His got OH set ups since 3k and kk have enter DHO by pressing 4.

Brad Wong's 66k sucks in the water and snow. You can't get anything from it. It's much better on normal grounds. Meanwhile other characters have much better options. Changing that would be an improvement.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Hm... Neither options would fair enough compared to other characters' skills IMO, but i would choose first one in case I have to... heheh ;) And, such as @Tones said: actually his lying side sted avoids lot of mids, whichs is very close to first option. ;)

BlueCrosser

Neither. You just learn to use him better.

Entering his laying already crushes mids and certain moves in his laying stance can crush mids as well. Pressing 8/2 actually side steps/evades properly now in this game (4p8/2 as well for that matter), which is a huge improvements. Not every character and low OH him out of the stance and other attacks (4p, 2k+f, BT 1p, 66k+f just to name a few) He can still do a low throw. He also still has OH from laying.

His got OH set ups since 3k and kk have enter DHO by pressing 4.

Brad Wong's 66k sucks in the water and snow. You can't get anything from it. It's much better on normal grounds. Meanwhile other characters have much better options. Changing that would be an improvement.

Ive watched good Brad players like Chosen1 lose over and over to characters such as Kasumi, Bayman and Hayabusa. Ive had the same problem punishing them after they finish a unsafe combo, especially online. His 4p and 8h+k, two of his quickest moves fail to punish because of other characters quick mids. In any case I think a ground counter wouldn't be crazy overpowered and add to the drunken style in a nice way at the very least.

Tones

Premium Donor
You mean 6p or 4pp?

Punishing what? Whiff punishing? Side step P is a really good option but it gets crushed out by pretty much anything that crushes mids. 66k, 2k+f, p+k, 3k, and throw are good options for whiff punishing. DHO 9k, DHO p+f, BT 4k, BT 6k. Heaps of options which leave him in massive frame advantage on normal hit and are safe on block.

What kills Brad is character with a lot of strings with mids (Kasumi, Ayane, Tina), but I feel this DOA he may have some options because of the side step. I have to play with 4p8/2 a bit against human players in order to really tell. The fact it's an actual side step now should make a major difference.

Who's Kasumi did Chosen1 loose to?

BlueCrosser

You mean 6p or 4pp?

Punishing what? Whiff punishing? Side step P is a really good option but it gets crushed out by pretty much anything that crushes mids. 66k, 2k+f, p+k, 3k, and throw are good options for whiff punishing. DHO 9k, DHO p+f, BT 4k, BT 6k. Heaps of options which leave him in massive frame advantage on normal hit and are safe on block.

What kills Brad is character with a lot of strings with mids (Kasumi, Ayane, Tina), but I feel this DOA he may have some options because of the side step. I have to play with 4p8/2 a bit against human players in order to really tell. The fact it's an actual side step now should make a major difference.

Who's Kasumi did Chosen1 loose to?

Shade Swifteye, Ill have to try the sidestep out some more.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD