Rachel Requests

Yurlungur

First off i think rachel is an amazing characters but she's going to need a few little things to make her matchups a little more bearable against anyone with a 9 frame jab i'm simply going to list a few buffs to help her character do better without making her ridiculous

• 66k becomes +3, why? While you're facing someone like phase 4, kasumi, christie or anyone else with a 9 frame jab rachel can get jabbed out of her 1+. This defeats the purpose of the move and while yes rachel does have advantage in that situation, she has to commit to 1p incase they do jab. That's a very unpleasant read she has to do after gaining frame advantage.
  • qcb+p+k, p becomes neutral
  • 7k becomes a guard break and +3(or +2 or +1), most moves like this through out the entire game are guard breaks and usually positive on block. Just allow the guard break to knock them back quite a bit.
Additional moves
  • A slide, while running 2k it gives her a decent mix up since she does have a good run speed

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think that Rachel needs more options for her rollthrough stance. It's flashy and sexy just like in Ninja Gaiden, but it's borderline useless even if you look at the two pros both moves have (launch (LOL) and a tracking low).

If they were to add a move to rollthrough, how about a high kick that crushes highs but doesn't track, similar to 4H+K or Nyo's 8K with a far better hurtbox? What I would also like to see is a throw or OH from rollthrough. All in all I would like to see it become a more robust way of getting damage and confusing the opponent.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Quoting this here~
I wish Rachel's Reverse flank (66T) was a 2 part throw instead of just rolling over
View attachment 7276
maybe not decapitation lol but the option to do damage from the initial throw
I think that Rachel needs more options for her rollthrough stance. It's flashy and sexy just like in Ninja Gaiden, but it's borderline useless even if you look at the two pros both moves have (launch (LOL) and a tracking low).

If they were to add a move to rollthrough, how about a high kick that crushes highs but doesn't track, similar to 4H+K or Nyo's 8K with a far better hurtbox? What I would also like to see is a throw or OH from rollthrough. All in all I would like to see it become a more robust way of getting damage and confusing the opponent.
Yeah I was hoping her Twirl would be as effect as Christies Jakiho stance

Yurlungur

Quoting this here~

Yeah I was hoping her Twirl would be as effect as Christies Jakiho stance

I really like the +7 on reverse flank and on counter hit i really like that it's +9, rachel REALLY needs frame advantage because she feels very gimped at the moment

also i think they nerfed her twirl also, but i do think her twirl works very well still because the mix up is literally low with big stuff, launch into free air throw or throw or oh

Yurlungur

Shouldn't request for balance changes for x character belong in their respective character sub-forums? To avoid cluttering the main area with a thread like this for every character in the game.

buh, blame the guy who did it for the zack requests i was following suit

Princess Kasumi

I agree on 66k becomes +3. It was 5+ during her debut. then they nerfed it to 1+. (LOL) I already stated this in the Rachel thread.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD