Ranked Matches and disconnecting people

Akumasama

So I was doing a Ranked, the guy who was losing disconnected before the match ended.
I go back to the starting screen of DoA6 and notice it says "0 fights, 0 wins" but "-690 points".
Wuut?

Then it happened again, it was "only" -573 with another guy.

I'm wondering... did the game really subtract that much from me for doing basically nothing except being close to win, or is it just a matter of the game displaying those numbers, but they're not real and it didn't subtract anything from my total points? Anybody knows?

Akumasama

Oh today it happened again and noticed you do also lose your winning streak when that happens.
Had my streak at 34 wins, it got to zero after the opponent dropped his connection close to the end of the third (setting) round.

Lovely, isn't it? <3
Think this isn't 100% though, but there is a chance for this to happen.

RootofEvil

This happend to me a lot too and it's really annoying. I struggled so hard to rank up because of this. I think it's a bug cause this shouldn't happen.

Akumasama

See what I'm talking about? It's hilarious lol xD

doa6.jpg

RootofEvil

I don't know why it is so broken for some pc players, because some experience this problem and some don't. I thought I would try ranked again, but nope same problem. Just randomly points get subtracted. Oh well, I guess I just need to accept the fact that I will never move up the ranks in this game anymore

Akumasama

For me it's pretty consistant. Happens each time someone crashes or loses connection (wether on purpose or accidentally it doesn't matter).
Fun part is that it happens even if the match hasn't started yet, even in the loading screen. As long as both players chose "yes" at the matchmaking screen, it can happen.

The worst part about this is not much the fact that you lose points but the fact you lose your winning streak.
700 points are easy to recover, a 20+ winning streak is a pain...

Akumasama

Did some more tests. I can confirm that the points really do get subtracted, it's not just a visual glitch in the counter.
It's ony the overall rank points that get subtracted though, not the Fighter Points.

Basically the conditions necessary for the loss of points are just that both players selected "Ok" at the Ranked Match screen. From that point the loss can happen at any time if there is a server error or if either of the two players disconnects or crashes (wether on purpose or by accident).
It can happen any time. During the match or before the match even loads up (right after both players accepted).

It's pretty retarded. I can understand this happening in some unclear circumstances, but when it's the OTHER player losing connection (on purpose or accidentally) you shouldn't be punished for that. Really really retarded.

I mean it's just a game in the end, who cares, but it's stupid regardless.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD