Ryu Hayabusa vs. Kratos thread

snowymoonman

Hi, I'm pretty new to FSD (1 post) and this has been an ongoing debate with me and several other friends for quite some time now. Seeing as a lot of NG fans are also GOW fans, I figured I'd make this for the discussion of such. I side with Ryu, simply because he has outskilled all of his opponents to date (Even himself!)

Argentus

Ryus squishy as fuck. This goes to Kratos easily.

If ryu were a real ninja and snuck up on kratos then maybe.

Then again Raiden (circa mgr) and Ken Ogawa (ninja blade) both totally outclass Ryu in terms of being "super ninjas".

snowymoonman

If ryu were a real ninja and snuck up on kratos then maybe.
Well I mean, have you played NGB? Maybe even if you wanna count NG2 stuff what Ryu has done is very impressive. Also after looking at what Raiden can do, I'm not sure "Totally outclass" is the right phrasing. And I'm not aware of Ken Ogawa's track history so I couldn't comment on that. But isn't Kratos just a brawler with almost no technique in what he does? From what I've seen of the two, Ryu is simply more technically skilled. He has a more thought provoking fighting style rather than the mindless mauling of enemies, and skill > power in my opinion.

Argentus

Well I mean, have you played NGB? Maybe even if you wanna count NG2 stuff what Ryu has done is very impressive. Also after looking at what Raiden can do, I'm not sure "Totally outclass" is the right phrasing. And I'm not aware of Ken Ogawa's track history so I couldn't comment on that. But isn't Kratos just a brawler with almost no technique in what he does? From what I've seen of the two, Ryu is simply more technically skilled. He has a more thought provoking fighting style rather than the mindless mauling of enemies, and skill > power in my opinion.
Well kratos is also a living god with a basic instant death radius which is something Ryu is shown to have problems dealing with.

As for ken and raiden its just that they are simply far more powerful than Ryu, being super powered nigh invulnerable super strength and showing more fitness and skill with their weapons.

Ryu, by comparison, is just a guy with a magic katana. Which he wields in a straightforward Samurai style more than anything else. He doesn't really use a ton of finesse, just hacks away with the katana, though he's certainly more agile than Kratos with the wall running and stuff but nowhere near the ability of the other ninjas.

Like...ryu is the Olympic athlete to the others' outright superhumans, if that makes sense.

Let's say default weapons. Ryu can't close in due to the range and swinging of Kratos' chain blades.

Its mostly a matter of if Ryu can avoid EVER getting hit.

Granted I only played ng1 and like half if 2.

But if kratos gets ryu even once he will just go all mortal kombat Fatality on him which is the real danger.

snowymoonman

Ryu, by comparison, is just a guy with a magic katana.
Well no, this is simply untrue. He has a vast majority of weapons and fighting styles, which in my opinion he uses very well. He's also basically killed the equivelant of a bunch of gods, demigods, demons, etc. He's also half of a fiend from what I remember. Also "wall running" isn't the only skill he has. He can also teleport and do much much more than just wield a "magic katana".

Argentus

Well no, this is simply untrue. He has a vast majority of weapons and fighting styles, which in my opinion he uses very well. He's also basically killed the equivelant of a bunch of gods, demigods, demons, etc. He's also half of a fiend from what I remember. Also "wall running" isn't the only skill he has. He can also teleport and do much much more than just wield a "magic katana".
Going by default weapon, in his case, Dragon sword.

I'm not trying to downplay him, I'm just trying to point out that he actually falls kind of short compared to other action game heroes.

For example. When he wields the chained flails, he just does regular nunchuk moves with them, nothing special. Whereas Ken Ogawa uses his to not only do that, but tow a hugecargo airliner jet to a halt with his bare hands as well as deflecting projectiles.

Ryus teleports are fairly basic (his magic wind away at the end of NG notwithstanding seriously wtf was that).

But against Kratos...like I said, Ryus main challenge is he is ridiculously squishy, getting killed as easily as a regular person would if he's actually hit. And Kratos is a super powered berserker.

So the only way for Ryu to win is to assume he'd never get touched by Kratos, but that'd be kinda Mary Sueish.

On Kratos end, id say he has a lot more durability than Ryu, plus more range with his attacks and is also a literal Godkiller.

Also in NG demons and such are apparently just normal monsters with long lifespans, except maybe Doku.

Ryu does fine but I don't really think he stands a chance against others like Kratos, Dante, Ken, Raiden, Asura, etc.

Also yes Raiden does blow ryu totally out of the water, in terms of speed and power. Actually in terms of speed and power I think raidwn beats everyone. Except maybe Ken matches him in strength.

Last edited:

snowymoonman

Also yes Raiden does blow ryu totally out of the water
Really? I'm not so sure about that. Considering Ryu also has magical elements on his side, it just seems like against anybody without the ability (Raiden from what I've seen is just a cyborg or something that can breakdance with robots) to use magic like Kratos or Dante (Also I'm not sure if you're talking about Dante from Dante's Inferno or another Dante...) Ryu would seriously have the upper hand. Especially with things like fiend bows and arrows that can practically disintegrate enemies, I'm not sure about Raiden matching up against Ryu. In terms of pure martial arts, maybe things would be different, but I'm talking about everyones entire kit, meaning everything Kratos has vs. everything Ryu has pit against one another.

Argentus

Really? I'm not so sure about that. Considering Ryu also has magical elements on his side, it just seems like against anybody without the ability (Raiden from what I've seen is just a cyborg or something that can breakdance with robots) to use magic like Kratos or Dante (Also I'm not sure if you're talking about Dante from Dante's Inferno or another Dante...) Ryu would seriously have the upper hand. Especially with things like fiend bows and arrows that can practically disintegrate enemies, I'm not sure about Raiden matching up against Ryu. In terms of pure martial arts, maybe things would be different, but I'm talking about everyones entire kit, meaning everything Kratos has vs. everything Ryu has pit against one another.

Well Raiden has the strength to judo throw skyscraper sized monstrosities as well as wield swords literally the size of a city block, as well as moving as speeds where time may as well be stopped for him. Any of his weapons would absolutely tear through any of Ryu's (he uses vibroblades basically his katana acts like a chainsaw/light saber). Plus he wields his swords with a lot more finesse and agility than Ryu as well.

Ryu's advantages over Raiden are

1) Ryu has magic spells
And
2) Raiden can't heal but that doesn't really matter in a straight fight.

Raidens advantages are
1) ridiculous speed to the point time might as well be stopped.
2) Hulk level strength paired with said speed
3) superior weapons (by virtue of advanced technology)

Kinda like how in death battle of ryu vs strider hiryu, strider one simple because his light saber cut through all of ryus metal weapons.

And that's not even getting into how unlike Ryu, Raiden is actually capable of stealth attacks, plus all the guns and ordnance he can wield.

But back on Kratos, it also comes back to the fact that his weapons outclass ryus too.

snowymoonman

1) ridiculous speed to the point time might as well be stopped.
2) Hulk level strength paired with said speed
3) superior weapons (by virtue of advanced technology)
Well maybe I'm retarded I guess then. I just thought maybe Ryu could stand a chance at least. Meh.

Argentus

Well maybe I'm retarded I guess then. I just thought maybe Ryu could stand a chance at least. Meh.
Against Raiden, no, not unless he spams magic.

Against Kratos yes but it'd be an uphill battle. More akin to a regular NG boss fight really.

But yeah raiden is ridiculously OP with his new cyborg body lol.

Sorry wasn't trying to be mean about it

God of War Dante.

I dont think Ryu has even Speed Advantage.

Kratos has dodged Lightning two times. React to Hermes close rush who dodged solar flare/Sun Light. Ryu max speed feat is Barely Hypersonic+ and nowhere to those two.

Kratos travel speed is trash but his Reaction is Extremely fast, he will comfortable react to any of Ryu Hayabusa.

And It Mismatch.

God of War Dante.

Going by default weapon, in his case, Dragon sword.

I'm not trying to downplay him, I'm just trying to point out that he actually falls kind of short compared to other action game heroes.

For example. When he wields the chained flails, he just does regular nunchuk moves with them, nothing special. Whereas Ken Ogawa uses his to not only do that, but tow a hugecargo airliner jet to a halt with his bare hands as well as deflecting projectiles.

Ryus teleports are fairly basic (his magic wind away at the end of NG notwithstanding seriously wtf was that).

But against Kratos...like I said, Ryus main challenge is he is ridiculously squishy, getting killed as easily as a regular person would if he's actually hit. And Kratos is a super powered berserker.

So the only way for Ryu to win is to assume he'd never get touched by Kratos, but that'd be kinda Mary Sueish.

On Kratos end, id say he has a lot more durability than Ryu, plus more range with his attacks and is also a literal Godkiller.

Also in NG demons and such are apparently just normal monsters with long lifespans, except maybe Doku.

Ryu does fine but I don't really think he stands a chance against others like Kratos, Dante, Ken, Raiden, Asura, etc.

Also yes Raiden does blow ryu totally out of the water, in terms of speed and power. Actually in terms of speed and power I think raidwn beats everyone. Except maybe Ken matches him in strength.
Actually Raiden and Ryu has some good fight but raiden win due to Cybernic Body.

Just wondering How you think Ryu stand chance against Kratos since he is nowhere to Kratos strength, Durability and Reaction Speed. Plus Kratos also have good amount of Magic too.

Last edited:

Sotherius

Against Raiden, no, not unless he spams magic.

Against Kratos yes but it'd be an uphill battle. More akin to a regular NG boss fight really.

But yeah raiden is ridiculously OP with his new cyborg body lol.

Sorry wasn't trying to be mean about it

Ryu has 3 major deities in his curriculum of enemies killed.

Ryu is superhuman in every aspect, and he is also some sort of demigod.

Anyways, i love talking about power levels and such, but i would read too much to get a clear answer here. But Raiden is not big deal to Ryu, i'm pretty sure.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Canonically Ryu has only lost a single fight (Doku) and that was prior to coming into his power. He has killed a few deities at this point and when actually wielding the True Dragon Sword himself has godlike power. He ensures the Dragon’s Eye is kept separate from the Dragon Sword for the safety of the planet.

Kratos at the height of his power effectively fought another god to a standstill and ‘won’ nearly at the cost of his life, straight up fleeing that area to another pantheon’s influence, where he hid with the assistance of his new wife.

Ryu could take Kratos by base logic but they both have plot armor so it’s kind of a bullshit argument to begin with.

Edit: @God of War Dante. don’t double post. Use the edit function. You’re new so you get a pass but be mindful going forward.

JustOwnin

Let’s all pool our money together and pay rooster teeth’s online hit YouTube show death battle to make this fight one of their 3d episodes.

JustOwnin

Canonically Ryu has only lost a single fight (Doku) and that was prior to coming into his power. He has killed a few deities at this point and when actually wielding the True Dragon Sword himself has godlike power. He ensures the Dragon’s Eye is kept separate from the Dragon Sword for the safety of the planet.

Kratos at the height of his power effectively fought another god to a standstill and ‘won’ nearly at the cost of his life, straight up fleeing that area to another pantheon’s influence, where he hid with the assistance of his new wife.

Ryu could take Kratos by base logic but they both have plot armor so it’s kind of a bullshit argument to begin with.

Edit: @God of War Dante. don’t double post. Use the edit function. You’re new so you get a pass but be mindful going forward.
Hey it’s a post by cyber evil on a Doa forum. I haven’t seen that in years.

anywho I don’t agree. Ryu has only one magic sword. Kratos has had countless magic weapons. Kratos would win.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD