Suggestions on Akira fixes.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I know it's become a bother to see me talk about it again. But this is serious and would like your thought on this issue once more. Personally I feel there has to be someone to contact TN with this and If I don't do it sooner, then it may become permanent. Of course I would also like your intake of the situation and what needs to be changed on what you guys feel it's necessary. This is not a rant topic, this is a serious one.

This is an issue we've been going through and it's about his recovery problems.

Noticeable ones are the shift between :P:/:6::P: & :6::6::P: buffering both as a chain on block (Ex. :6::6::P: > :P:).There's this huge delay when buffering the next input. If possible post anything else that has this similar issue. Another one is on whiff, Why should Akira be at a disadvantage from whiff? Such as opponents doing a low hold etc.

Things I would like (Need your suggestions as well.):

:2::1::4::P: should be like vanilla where it was +1 on block & +5 on maximum distance block.

I would post :1::6::F+P::h::P: but I noticed there are different sides for debate on this one. But the ones I'm looking forward too is his recovery issues. I am quite serious about this and I feel l should come to you all about it and have a discussion to fix the problems with him. Not to mention the amount of dedication and time for Sly Bass into making his guide and helping others to learn Akira. So I want to take part of this for help.

@Sly Bass @Incognito @Mr. Wah @Zeo @Ghosty-J @FightersLegend @I Cryophoenix I @Puño de Leyenda @His Reverence

Really trying to make this shine to let it out there so that Akira won't be missed at all for TN at least to help.

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
My only gripe are the moves that have had additional recovery frames when it WHIFFS. I'm fine with it on block. I adjusted, and I'm comfortable with it again.

If I throw a 46P and an opponent low counters, I shouldn't be the one at the disadvantage.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I don't know about anyone else, but I very rarely go for a CB anymore. With all of his launchers, there really is no point to constantly go for a CB.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I don't know about anyone else, but I very rarely go for a CB anymore. With all of his launchers, there really is no point to constantly go for a CB.

I suppose your right. The whiff part is another one actually. I can't believe I missed that out considering that a lot of random players tend to go for a low hold as soon as the 1st hit connects. However I shouldn't be at disadvantage from 46P, 4P or 6P+K

Ghosty-J

I've pretty much adjusted to everything but the increase in recovery frames on block. I don't need to ask for much. Just give me his old frame data and I should be good :cool:

:2::1::4::P: should be like vanilla where it was +1 on block & +5 on maximum distance block.

This is still the case. I have video proof of this as well. Nothing was really changed about :2::1::4::P:.

My only gripe as of right now is losing the CH stun on :2::P:.

Other than that, I've gotten used to all of his other changes.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
This is still the case. I have video proof of this as well. Nothing was really changed about :2::1::4::P:.

My only gripe as of right now is losing the CH stun on :2::P:.

Other than that, I've gotten used to all of his other changes.

It did indeed change. It was a small frametrap that looked unsafe back on vanilla and you were able to follow up a :6::6::P: right after it. SS etc.

It did indeed change. It was a small frametrap that looked unsafe back on vanilla and you were able to follow up a :6::6::P: right after it. SS etc.

I recorded :214::P: frame advantage for my video (wasn't used) and I was able to get +5 of a max range blocked attack. I'll upload it if you would like me to

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD