DOA5 Super Launcher Combos

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Been trying to find the most damaging combos off of super launcher. Weight Class and Counter Level determines the most damaging.

Singles
Normal Hold
  • Middle Weight
:P::h::3::P::3::P::H+P: - 107 + possible wall/ground​

Counter Hold
  • Middle Weight
:P::h::3::P::3::P::H+P: - 126 + possible wall/ground​

Hi Counter Hold
  • Middle Weight
:P::h::3::P::9::P::K::P::6::6::6::2::H+P: 146 damage + possible ground + pickup​

Tag
Normal Hold
  • Middle Weight
:P+K::3::P::3::P::426::H+P::H+P: - 122 + possible wall/ground​

Counter Hold
  • Middle Weight
:P+K::3::P::3::P::4::P::P::6::K::P: - 145 + ground​

Hi Counter Hold
  • Middle Weight
:P+K::3::P::3::P::4::P::P::6::P::K: - 171 + ground​

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I was fooling around with this, and on all weight classed lighter than super heavyweight (i.e., besides Bass/Bayman) the best juggle off Super Launcher in singles is

:P::9::P::K::H+P:

It has the additional chance to cause environment damage as well, without the environment damage you get 150 damage on hi-counter throw AND you aren't forced into the wake-up game.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Heeey, I found that first >:C

Joking aside, there are two that deal more damage, but grant no pick-up and they're both for open-ground.

On lights:

:6::P::K:, :3::P:, :6::K::P: on HCT I think it does around 151 damage. It's possible on mids as well, but you need a slope.

The most damaging combo I've found on HCT for lights and mids is this:

:P::h:, :3::P:, :9::P::K::P:, :2::K: which I think does around 157 or 160 or something. Originally I think it was either found by AiN or some other Taiwanese player, but I'm more proud for finding the 151 Dmg one myself even though it's a little limited.

The :P::9::P::K::H+P: combo I think is most viable in corners or next to walls.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Okay, after further testing I've found there's an equally damaging option depending on opportunity of danger zone or wall.

If a wall is in front of Bass and the juggled character: :P::3::P::426::H+P::5::H+P: (113 NT dmg - normal wall)
If Bass' stomach is facing the wall after launching or the initial jab: :P::9::P::K::H+P: (115 NT dmg - normal wall)
If Bass' back is facing the wall after launching or the initial jab: :P::3::P::8::K::H+P: (115 NT dmg - normal wall)

What determines Bass' stance after the super launch is the stance of the opponent when being grabbed. This is why you must be able to adapt to your surroundings and adjust the juggle by the time the :P: lands.

Each of these three options work on all weights but Super Heavyweight.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just a heads up that those damages are 142/149/149 on HCT with no wall/dangerzone. That's out of 270 points which means on HCT it's over 50% damage life loss + environment.

This means, in "The Show" stage if you knock them into a tiger on HCT you can get 212 dmg out of 270 due to the :3::P::H+P: followup after the tiger which throws them back into the empty fire cage.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Just want to confirm that these combos have been tried and tested and the only thing that may pose an issue is for :8::K: to cause accidental wall splat. everyone should incorporate these into their game.

Only super heavies will be immune to the side options, but still succeptible to :P::3::P::426::h::+::P:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Bit of a revival but I found some for 5U.

:P::h::3::P::3::P::3::P+K::H+P: Against Alpha nets 120/141/162
If near a wall :P::h::3::P::3::P::426::H+P::H+P: gets 117/135/154 (without wall damage included, so add 5/10).

:P::h::3::P::3::P+K::H+P: nets 112/131/150 on Super Light through Gen Fu

Best I can find for Super Heavies is :P::3::P+K::H+P: 104/121/138

Keep in mind the :3::P+K: will wall hit so these are good in open space.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Crossposting from another thread:

These are done against the wall.

Old max damage Hi-counter wall combos on lights and meds:
:426::[[H]]::+::[[P]]::5::268::h::+::P:>:P::h: > :3::P: > :9::P::K::P: (156 DMG)

The new highest damaging combo is now this:
:426::[[H]]::+::[[P]]::5::268::h::+::P:>:P::h: > :4::P::P: > ::426::h::+::P::5::h::+::P: (159 DMG)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD