News TFC 2013: West Coast vs East Coast Exhibition

NukNuks

TFC is around the corner and we're looking at what is going to be the biggest DOA event in DOA history. There are players from all across the USA that are attending the event. I believe this is also the most California players ever that are attending a tournament outside of Cali.

I had this idea that it would be cool if there was some sort of West Coast vs East Coast exhibition. A 6 on 6 or 7 on 7 team would work well. I was pretty hyped so I made a video that was a possible trailer to a potential East vs West showdown.

I talked a few of the players and they are interested in participating. This is who I have so far for each team.

*Note* I used NBA conferences to determine who goes where. This way the balance for the team is even.

WEST
Master (Texas)
Sweet Revenge (Texas)
Emann (Texas)
Air Gear (Southern California)
CrazySteady (Southern California)
Return of the Shadow (Northern California)
NykNyks (Northern California)

EAST
Rikuto (New York)
Chosen 1 (Georgia)
Shade Swifteye (Virginia)
Lopedo (Depths of Hell)
Rabies (New York)
Perfect Legend (Ohio)
(TBD)

Now this is all speculation and is not guaranteed to go down. There's a couple of things getting in the at of making this happen.

-Where we can make this happen. If someone is willing to offer their too space for a few hours for this to happen then possibility of this happening increases. With 10+ people in a room playing this I imagine it will be kinda crowded. Not tryna go overboard with spectators for this one but it's completely up to the room owner to decide that (if we can get a room that is)

-Fitting this into schedule. TFC is already gonna be a pretty busy weekend with alot of DOA stuff going on (Team Tourney, Saturday Pools, New School vs Old School exhibition, Da Saturday Night Fiesta, & Sunday Finals). Perhaps it would fit in best after Sundays finals or after the singles & NS/OS exhibition on Saturday?

-Recording the matches. I believe Rabies said he was interested in recording the matches so we can post them up later. If not I think SomewhatMental said he would be interested in recording the matches. Personally I think this exhibition shouldn't event happen if it's not going to be recorded for everyone to view.

Well, what you all think? Who knows when the next time will be when we have this many DOA all stars all together at 1 tournament. Especially us California players because lawd knows we don't go out of state for tournaments too often (°_°)

Last edited:

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
This SHOULD definitely happen! Seriously we have a all star line up for both sides. Master, Emann, CrazySteady, Nykko and more reppin the West while Rikuto, Lopedo and others represent the East and i know they got more(xcal, PL, Kwiggle). Lets make it happen!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just when do you think you'll find the time to do it?

Friday is the 3v3 tournament.
Saturday from 12pm-10pm is the singles tournament
Launch party is from 10pm-???
Finals are on sunday.

NukNuks

Just when do you think you'll find the time to do it?

Friday is the 3v3 tournament.
Saturday from 12pm-10pm is the singles tournament
Launch party is from 10pm-???
Finals are on sunday.

Maybe after Grand Finals there will be time for it but everyone may be too tired from the whole weekend to participate. We'll see...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD