Community TFC: The Inside Scoop (Blog Entry)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
"As promised, here is my special blog entry over the TFC2K14. Thank you everyone who came & thanks for the great time. Hope everyone enjoys my personal point of view of the entry. http://ojdeo.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-inside-scope.html

Blog is posted as followed:

"Yo everybody what's good? Once again, this is Justin also known as JDE bringing you another blog entry. This entry is over the The Fall Classic 2014 (TFC14) & what happened over the weekend. It was a very fun weekend indeed, but first, I would like to take the time and give a few early shout outs to my friends & study partners, Kelsey King, Kaitlynn Gipson, Ashley Medlin, Cayley Bryant, Trevor Johnson, Brittnay Carson, Corinna Buchanan, & of course, my beautiful mother for giving me their blessing allowing me to go compete, have a good time, & for supporting me all the way through. Also, God & the Lord & savior Jesus Christ getting us there for the special event. Also, shout outs to Awesmic, Fred Campbell, Chosen , Master, Super Elite, MMA Boss, & The Krim Reaper for making sure that I got there & back & had a place to stay. I hope Fred, Chosen 1, & Krim Reaper are doing fine after what took place over the weekend for them. Sorry for your misfortunes & I will keep you guys in my thoughts & prayers as well as others (I know they will too). Also, shout outs to Big E & Shin Blanka taking the time out to greet me when I 1st made it within the doors. You guys are in my debt.

Alright now let's get right into it. When I arrived at the Atlanta airport & met up with Fred & Awesmic, we experienced some wacky driving by a Honda Accord. That was when Awesmic's famous line came in that is being talked about on the internet now as we talk beyond TFC: "Whoah! Whoah! Watch it! Watch it!"This chick had no backlight on the car. It was literally gone! So she just sped up right in front of us & we're like "What the fuck is she doing!?"

Soon Fred slowed down in the left lane to let her get ahead & out of our way. The road was like 5 or 6 lanes. Once we let her get ahead, she almost runs into the interstate ramp within the lane. Then she got over to the far right lane & then proceeded to get in all the way over in the lane that we were in & then hits the ramp. She didn't stop. She gets back over AGAIN & AGAIN gets in our lane & hits the ramp, doesn't stop. She does it a third time & then I said "Holy f**ck! She hit the ramp again!"

Then the fourth & final time she hit, it & she finally stopped on the side of the road when she should have stopped the first time. Then she ended up getting hit in the rear after we passed her like way ahead. On the way through, I was tuning into the "Fred & Awesmic show". It was mainly over Awesmic's electronics. Fred had me dying about Awesmic's GPS. It would say something giving us directions & then one time, he well yet (while chuckling) "No! Shut the f**ck up!" While trying to keep from dying from them 2, we finally reach Raleigh, NC where the real fun began. I finally got to meet my boys, Hoodless, NinjaCW, BootyFetishKen, Blank October, Gehektbal, Crazy Steady, Super Elite, Sly Bass, HajinShinobi, Madian, Prince Adon, BrightGamer, & Blackburry Chaos for the first time offline. It was also great getting to test DOA5LR on PS4 for the first time. It looks like it's going to be fun. Before I went to sleep, I got some casuals in with Master & Sly Bass.

10628366_10205350695069470_5972438819424269314_n.jpg

Saturday, I had a chance to chill with Hoodless, Chosen1, Kwiggle, Amber, & Meghan at Denny's before the tournament started. Then, I finally ran into some of my boys like Allan Paris, Shade Swifteye, Sweet Revenge, NinjaCW, Something-Unique, Blank October, HajinShinobi, Prince Adon, the developer, Tom Lee, Perfect Legend, & Shin Ryujin & chilled with them until time. I also got some good casuals in with Immerwolf. As a win-lose record, I didn't do well at all.

I went 1-2, but it was against Lopedo & Chosen 1 while my other opponent forfeited his match. So in reality, I went 0-2, but there is always next time. Plus, I also went 0-2 in USFIV ( I main Ken) too, but it was to get a tournament experience of Street Fighter under my belt. The character I chose in DOA was my main, Kasumi as usual. People are starting to lose faith her as a character. I need to do what I can to change it. I will with the right help & when I get more fighting experience. I'm going to get an ASUS monitor soon too. While I lost, there were a lot of good matches that were not streamed like the Sweet Revenge vs Something-Unique match where Something-Unique won. Then came another good match between NinjaCW & Sweet Revenge a match that CW ultimately ended up winning.

10552358_10205350691909391_2140593816931119222_n.jpg

After the pool was over, I went & chilled with HajinShinobi, Prince Adon, Awesmic, Brightgamer & some more of their friends at Ichibans eating chicken, steak, & rice. I told them about the "Fred & Awesmic show" & the girl driving the Honda Accord the day before. They laughed so hard they almost cried. In return, they told me about the guy who randomly stopped them saying "I RESPECT YOU!" to them. I also had a chance to meet Rico Suave & PR Balrog & talk to them before meeting up with Booty Fetish Ken & Blank October.

1011761_10205331438948079_7138496832682693655_n.jpg

Soon after, I met up with Booty Fetish Ken (BFK.I DO NOT know why he entered himself as that. Dang you, Jackson. Feel awkward saying it) and Blank October back at the venue. There, we got some DOA & SF casuals in. I showed BFK some more things about the game while Blank & I got some casuals in downstairs at the set up where I used my secondary character, Hayate as well as my main, Kasumi. Then, I took him upstairs so that we could chill with AP, Something-Unique, Hoodless, Ryujin, & NinjaCW (was taking a nap while I was there ahahaa).

I had a nice set with AP & he gave me advice. Then I let Blank hop on the sticks. Soon Blank & I met up with Awesmic to get something to eat & talk at the Skybox at the venue. Afterwards we headed back up at his hotel & chilled some more before I left to go to Hajin's, Adon's Gruff's & Madian's hotel to get some casuals. It was some great sets between me & Madian, but I didn't get a chance to play with Hajin. Before I could do that, I left back to the venue at Hilton & then went to the room that Master & everyone else was in getting in 1st to 5 money matches. I was too tired to watch the rest of the money matches that took place. So I went ahead & crashed around like 1 or 2 in the morning.

On the last day of the tournament, I met downstairs with CyberEvil, Blank & his crew, & then Shade Swifteye before talking to Big E, Chosen 1, Krim Reaper, & Perfect Legend. After that, the Top 8 DOA tournament took place, which was hype. In the end, Mr. Kwiggle took it all. I got some pictures in with the crew before leaving the venue, heading home. I wish I could've stayed longer & chilled, but unfortunately, I had a seven hour ride back to Atlanta with Fred & Awesmic. 9 hours if you count the ride back to my hometown, Chattanooga. However, the fun didn't stop since I was still laughing all the way home at the "Fred-Awesmic show". It was the same thing between the 2 about the GPS & directions. When we reached Fred's house, Awesmic & I got some casuals in before he left home. After that, Fred & I watched Odd Thomas. It was a funny movie, but had a sad ending. I won't spoil it for the people who haven't seen it. The next day, Fred & I played some casuals, ate at Waffle House, & then it was time for me to head back home.

10610877_10205350690589358_4351067319844895956_n.jpg

What I want people to take away from my blog is this. Like I was telling Awesmic & Blank October, there is a different between a competitive level & a personal level. Just because you may be a bad player doesn't mean that a good player will not speak to you or befriend you. Just like you shouldn't let a person's thoughts as a competitive "player" cloud your judgement of them as a person. It's a huge difference. There are living testimonies to this. If you don't believe me, come out & you'll see for yourself.

10689628_955996571083811_5502861537063066250_n.jpg

I want to give shouts to everyone that I chilled with & of course my main crew, They know who they are. Congratulations to Mr.Kwiggle & Sonic Fox (for Injustice). Thank you Big E for running this event & Tom Lee also for being around his fighting game community. Good times & good games. See you at the next one!"

10685431_10205360693319420_3370001639518742000_n.jpg

As for the next events on stream, "Whoah! Whoah! Watch it! Watch it!" - Awesmic

Last edited:

brightgamer

Didn't know you played USF4 also. I played at TFC myself but do you play on Xbox if so hit me up we can get some matches in sometime. Wish I knew then I wanted someone to get some matches in with Friday night oh well.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Didn't know you played USF4 also. I played at TFC myself but do you play on Xbox if so hit me up we can get some matches in sometime. Wish I knew then I wanted someone to get some matches in with Friday night oh well.
Yeah man. I've been playing it quite often. I entered to get tournament experience even though I'm ass at it right now. Some friends that I normally play with said that I'm not & was good as a newcomer to the Capcom (SF) offline scene, but it's me being a harsh critic considering that there's a lot of skilled & gifted players ahead of me. hahaha. Have to challenge myself to get better. It's fun as hell. I always have loved SF. Just started getting deeper into it. I learned how to punish fluent over the weekend while I was there. I want to play Chun Li, also. I'll hit you up, bro. My XBL is XX JDE XX if you add me before I get to you. My list may be full too so just PM me either there, here, SRK, or my Facebook page.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD