The Fall Classic Approaches...

headerlogonew.png

Just over two months from now, the first Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate major will begin. Players have been finalizing travel itineraries, reserving rooms or places in them, and picking apart DoA5U trailers to find something to give them an initial leg-up on the competition; it all comes together on September 14th. There's also a little something going on September 13th for the early birds, but we'll get to that in a minute. All of the details for the main event itself can be found right here in the event thread. Head over, RSVP, post up your questions, and start building that hype!

But the most important thing you can do? Register! Either click that fancy red link or the giant banner up top to be taken right to where you need to be.

Registration opened just this week and, as is customary in the FGC, early registrants get in for a bit cheaper. If you register any time from now until August 12th, you get in for just $30 (venue) plus $10 per game. If you wait until after August 12th, you're looking at an increased venue fee of $40. If you decide to wait until the day of the tournament, you're looking at a very tight emergency registration window and an even higher venue fee. I'm not even going to write that in this article, though. If you're reading this, I'm sure you're already in there. While completing your registration, be sure to take note of TFC rules; with a five minute disqualification rule in effect across the board this event should run like greased lightning. If you don't read up on things like this, though, you may get a nasty surprise so take the opportunity to do so.

For those getting in on Friday the 13th (yeah, yeah...), Big E is going to be throwing a Team Bar Battle Tournament at the hotel bar (at the venue) and DoA5U is included in the game list. It's going from 6:00pm to 2:00am and team registration is $30. There is talk of drink and food specials (in order of importance) and the event should be an absolute blast. Get a team together and show up for a good time. Some of the most fun you can have at a tournament only happens when you or some of your friends have way too much (just enough?) to drink and you stick around to let the hilarity ensure.

Or you could show up with your two also-sober friends and mean business. I guess.

The success of the first Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate major is squarely in our own hands. We've been given top-flight treatment by the Tournament Organizers and consistently put on a solid show at east coast tournaments. We haven't had a major under 50 entrants in some time in this part of the country and the competition is always fierce. Given how many people have been saying they'll be there, we expect to easily surpass the 70+ we had at NEC last year. Breaking the 100-player mark would be a realistic goal, even. So get your registrations in, get your friends to register, start working out carpool plans, look up flights, talk to people about the room situation, and just generally get your shit together.

Let's make this our biggest and best event yet, FSD. To our friends at DoAWorld and other DoA community sites, this also includes you! I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of friends again and making some new ones, so post up here or in the event thread when you're registered. Let's get some plans for casuals, drinks, food, and good times going!

Heheh :) Name change is another part of DOA experience which I decided to enjoy. :)

Do you know a trustable person looking for roomate? I don't know anybody yet... With 'trustable' I mean I won't get the bad surprise of being without shared room when I arrive... :S

Post in the event thread that I linked in the article. If you set something up with someone here it'll be locked in. Been going to events with these guys for nearly a decade in some cases and the new people coming out are also good people. One way or another we'll find you a room to split. Just focus on getting here.

One way or another we'll find you a room to split. Just focus on getting here.
Ok, I left my shared room to you and will take care of every else. I will notify you when I have saved remaining money and bought my airplane ticket. Thanks! :)

Well, I've already bought my airplane ticket so I'm looking for a place in a shared room. I've posted it in event thread but nobody has offered me a place yet...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD