The Nightshift Blues

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I don't have quite the normal schedule that most of the rest of you do, I work a night shift job from 10pm until 7am and don't often get time to play DOA or any games because of said schedule. On days like today when I don't have to go in to work in the evening I sometimes will stay up all day to either play games, watch movies, or hang out with friends. Unfortunately hanging out with my friends tends to happen once a month because they all live at least an hour away and I have a low mileage vehicle.

Thankfully I get my schedule three weeks in advance so I know what nights/days I have off and can chill out. I would like to play more DOA with people so I want to host lobbies on nights I have off and I won't be busy doing something else. Maybe even have some PSN tournament nights with PSN credit available to winners (US dollars only though, sorry international people).

Lobby fights will be 60 seconds, normal health, 20 seconds wait time, and 3 rounds. I would like to do 3+ connection but sometimes people have 1 bar and don't lag.

For tournaments I'm thinking 5 US dollars credit on either PSN or XBox Market (is that right? I don't know Xbox) for every 4 players above 4 participating (rounded down, 7 people is $5, 11 people is $10, etc.). Whether or not it is a simple tourney by standard rules or Round Robin will be decided in advance (Round Robin is where everybody fights everyone). I'll take whatever precautions necessary so that only people from FSD and their friends can participate (private lobby, invites, etc.) because I don't want someone just jumping in and playing for kicks (let me know if someone is your guest).
In the case of extended PSN maintenance on Tuesday nights I will hold a replacement tournament the next available night I have off and am not away from home.

For communication I recommend a USB keyboard. You can type without having to open up the PS3 text box which sometimes stops spectator viewing on your end until you finish typing) and you can put more characters down than the PS3 keyboard will allow. I don't have a headset (but I may be able to borrow my brother's) but talking is allowed and if people want to shoutcast by all means go ahead (keep it appropriate, even though you are all at least 17. RIIIIGHT???) I don't mind swearing but keep racism and sexism to a minimum or I will have to not allow voice talk (I'm all for fun, I don't like reprimanding people). If people want to stream matches by all means go ahead, just let me know. I don't have streaming capabilities, some time in the future I may.

I play on PSN and my PSN ID is XZero264 (in case you are too lazy to look at my profile info to the left of this box). I usually take any invitation to play games, feel free to send me a friend request if you want.

Pretty much I will hold lobbies once every hour or hour and a half on and after the starting time (ex. 10, 11, 12, 1, 2, etc.) and hold the lobby open for 5-10 minutes before quitting out and doing something else (DOA related or not). Feel free to message me over PSN at any time if you want to play during those hours I have posted, I will gladly switch over and play with you (unless I happen to be fighting a boss or something else that requires my full attention). If there is a time update the day I plan on holding lobbies I will mention it on the FSD status board and update this thread.

Lobbies I hold will be called TWSMWSAITW. If I don't feel like entering all that then it will just be WSMWSA (bonus points if you know what I'm referring to).

Listed below are the days off I have over the next few weeks and what kind of lobbies I will be hosting.
Times are in EDT (GMT -5). Will update as I get my schedule.

May 26-29, 2013 - Sunday to Wednesday Morning - Holding lobbies at night starting around midnight until about 7am each night.
Will hold a tournament Sunday night. Type will be based on interest leading up to 3 days ahead of time (23rd), will be either Standard or Round Robin. Anyone who wants to participate will have a voice in the choice.
If I call off the tournament Sunday night it will be held Monday night.

June 2, 2013 - Sunday Night into Monday Morning. Expect lobbies from midnight until 7 am.

June 4-5, 2013 - Tuesday Night to Thursday morning - Lobbies starting at midnight until 7 am each night.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Cool, notice you live in PA. Thinking of attending Summer Jam in August (Philly)?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
That is the plan, Philly is only an hour north of where I live and I have at least one friend who I could possibly get roped into coming along. If I somehow get the funds and can split the cost of a hotel room with someone/people I want to go to TFC (all dependent on my financial situation in August).

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Alright, as a reminder my first PSN tourney is this Sunday night (see opening post). Anyone interested in joining in please let me know in this thread or via PM. If the number of contestant is under 8 I'm thinking we have a Round Robin unless you guys strongly object to staying up late.

Also, if you guys don't mind I'm going to send out friend requests around tourney time Sunday, if you don't want to be my "friend" let me know.

Schedule updated.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD