DOA5U Tina's Super option select!

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
-I found something very interesting with Tina. :6::K: on hit guarantees her follow-up hit throw. This is not true if your opponent critical hold's at fast or fastest timing. The follow up throw would simply not execute. However, you are at such an advantage(+28) that you can buffer a J.O. Cyclone right after and get max throw punishment damage(132 pts). If your opponent opt to do a low critical hold, you can follow up with :3::3::h:+:P::5::2::h:+:P: for 120pts.

Last edited:

PacManila

Wait I don't quite understand the advantage. Is that referring to the stun itself from 6K or is that stun plus their hold attempt?

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
PacManila said:
Wait I don't quite understand the advantage. Is that referring to the stun itself from 6K or is that stun plus their hold attempt?
-The stun in it self mean nothing. It is the fact that the follow up hit throw is guaranteed under all circumstances except for fast/fastest critical holds. If your opponent opt to escape the stun using that method, you get a free throw punishment of your choice. Meaning no matter what your opponent do, you are getting guaranteed throw punishment for landing :6::K: on hit. Thinking about it further, it opens up Tina to more meta games on her behalf! Players can condition their opponent in fearing to Critical hold, and opt out of the followup hit throw, and go for a more damaging launcher~juggle.

Last edited:

PacManila

Interesting I'll have to try that out. If I'm not mistaken, you can buffer Cyclone or JOS using 33.

Great work on this find! I thought 6K basically became useless due to the stun nerf.

Last edited:

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
PacManila said:
Interesting I'll have to try that out. If I'm not mistaken, you can buffer Cyclone or JOS using 33 and 4T or just 33T respectively.

Great work on this find! I thought 6K basically became useless due to the stun nerf.

-Yes, you can buffer using those methods. Thanks! I knew there is a lot more to this game than many players are seeing right now. Just have to look outside of the box!

PacManila

I've mostly been trying to find ways to keep pressure on. Combining this with her 6H+K to WR 3P force tech would work really well when applied correctly.

Django

i just :6::K:,:P: for stun and if they low hold even on fastest you can still get HI counter with low throw after the high punch whiffs lol, it so dirty. Tina gets from +6 - +22 if they low hold her :P: after :6::K:.

so basically u get a guarantee Hi-counter Low throw cause they did a low hold after :6::K:, :P:.

Last edited:

Impact Finale

we should probably make a private thread to discuss these secret mistakes lol...if tecmo staff every searched the doa sites for what to patch up......damn

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD