Tina's taunt launcher

Jean Massue

I honestly don't think it's better than 33P or 9K
The thing is that its a high launcher. So special counters like bayman's , Gen-Fu's, Eliot's, Kasumi's etc... don't fuck you up all the time ;) But then again you can use H+K but H+K doesn't launch has high has her taunt. Its value is nonetheless questionable ;) I give it points for style though ;)

TRI Mike

I still fail to see why I should launch with this instead of 9K or 33P. It's not really higher at all.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
I honestly don't think it's better than 33P or 9K
Except this taunt launcher can give you the first strike in the game no matter the opposing players grab speed since it can be initiated before it says "fight"

It also launches higher which I can almost guarantee will give you a better combo and be more likely to do the big spin air toss which can add A SHIT TON of environmental damage. Anytime you can inflict alot of combo damage with Tina is a huge boost since it almost always means your opponent will do anything to hold out of stun on you next combo launcher attempt which gives plenty of opportunities to MDT/TD potentially allowing you to end a round with 1 combo and 1 MDT.

Need to add this to my repertoire.

TRI Mike

Using it when the round starts is one thing but during the fight itself I can't see it being landed in any situation other than a CB! where 9K, P+K, and 33P would give the exact same launch height. This move isn't useful at all.

Using it when the round starts is one thing but during the fight itself I can't see it being landed in any situation other than a CB! where 9K, P+K, and 33P would give the exact same launch height. This move isn't useful at all.
If you think they will parry during a stun do dash taunt
e.g 6K P 3KP opponent mid parrys to block CB dash Taunt 6PP6K 41236T (I think this juggle works on super heavyweights since you are at the stun threshold).

Mestizo

Standard Donor
lol, indeed. But the hitbox is so unreliable that it will probably whiff like, 99% of the time... unless you're a Tina Jedi like doa_eater, pac and mestizo
I appreciate the complement :) but I have a ways to go before I am a Tina Jedi, I am but a padawan learner right now.

When I master the art of MDT Tiger Driver, then maybe, but as of now I am low held out of stun so many times and that low hold is rarely TD punished as it should.

But even then I still need a strike game on par with killys, which in and of itself is mind boggling (though I want to gouge my eyes out at all the wiffed high holds he punches/kicks through instead of MDT'ing.)

Also I believe the taunt launcher will get you the first shot so long as the person is standing and walking at you and "up in your face" while you are standing still, if they are doing that but crouched do Tinas low offensive hold (japanese ocean bomb i believe) which should beat out any low strike in the game and grabs anyone crouching (is really great for helenas and brad wongs)

but if you are starting a match I find tina's 1P (the one that has to be charged) to be amazing, it will beat most highs and mids and put them in critical stun, I usually pump it out and see if they high hold (and you would be amazed to see how many people do this) and then I just get the easy MDT.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD