Tournament Results: BEST of the Battle III

This past Saturday NorCal fighting game tournament BEST of the Battle hosted their 3rd installment in the BOTB series. With 7 games across the board for the day, it's no wonder the venue was overflowed for the FGC event. 1st place honors goes to CrazySteady for taking home his first offline tournament victory. Steady also showed why he's one of the most versatile players in DOA5 with his wide character selection. Persistent Stat had a solid showing with his 2nd place standing. NykNyks took 3rd which makes that his third consecutive BOTB event with top 3 placings.

DOA5 Final Results:
1st - CrazySteady :christie::lisa::sarah::pai:

2nd - Persistent Stat :ayane:

3rd - NykNyks :leifang:

4th - SomewhatMental :helena: :kokoro:

5th (tie) - HajinShinobi :ayane: / Pink Nitro :lisa:
7th (tie) - Shadow :kasumi: / Shytzoo :hitomi:
9th (tie) - Nai :ayane: / Rekushin :hayabusa:

Click this sentence for brackets.

Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals matches

WF - NykNyks vs CrazySteady

LF - NykNyks vs Persistent Stat

GF - CrazySteady vs Persistent Stat

For the full steam archive of the DOA tournament matches click anywhere in this sentence.

This wasn't even half of the people at the event. The tattoo shop was packed also, sardine style.

When you attend a BOTB event, you just might leave with a tattoo of your favorite fighting game character. In this case, Kasumi, as seen on resident member and Kas combo guru Return of the Shadow.

Let the healing and peeling begin!

Props to everyone that attended the event. Major ups to HajinShinobi, Rekushin, CrazySteady, and Persistent Stat for showing up to the event to represent the SoCal scene. Kudos to all the steam monsters that watched the event live. I would also like to thank everyone that showed up to the event. I started BOTB as a way to lure in the best DOA players I can find just so I can play a few matches with whoever showed up. If you attended or watched the event on stream please feel free to leave any suggestions to further improve the quality of the event and/or stream.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD