What are you hoping her in DOA5U Mr.Wong

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Another examples of improved properties in 5u for actual brad's moves are:
  • 6t with danger zone close behind brad should activate it, for example actualy 6t does not activate pinball in the show, neither breaks walls in home among other failings...
  • 66t should have a guaranteed follow ups if opps breaks and object...

Aven Kujo-Gin

First of all, I want the return of his old voice back, but anyway, this is not gonna happen.

I agree with all the stuff senpu mention. But I have some ideas.

Maybe 8P to cause a bounce on HCH like in DOA4. I know this would be not useful since we have 214P which is a mid punch too, but I just like to bounce people xD
If it possible, a CB attack in BT, Helena now have a CB in BKO so why Brad can´t have one in BT?
1H+K to have a deeper stun in CH like in DOA4.
The second kick of 33KK to have a rebounce, so you can follow with H+K.
I don´t understad why the transitions into the handstand are not listed in the command list. This have to change in 5U.
At least two more quotes, cause he only have two for the intro and two for the victory wich is very lame.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
If it possible, a CB attack in BT, Helena now have a CB in BKO so why Brad can´t have one in BT?
1H+K to have a deeper stun in CH like in DOA4.
The second kick of 33KK to have a rebounce, so you can follow with H+K.
I don´t understad why the transitions into the handstand are not listed in the command list. This have to change in 5U.
At least two more quotes, cause he only have two for the intro and two for the victory wich is very lame.
I strongly agree.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
i don't know, maybe that's too much. :6::P::6::P: is one of his few moves that knocks the opponent back, seeing as we lost that for :6::6::P:. if that caused limbo, :H+K::P: and it's variations probably would too.

speaking of that, it would be nice to see :H+K: cause the opponent to spin around on nh hit again, and :H+K::K::K: to guard break again. dho :P+K: used to guard break too, guaranteeing his launching punch or kick afterwards.

some other stuffs:
  • :214::P+K: should track
  • the kick in :P::K:(:4_:) should track
  • the second kick in :2_::K::K: and variations should track
  • add lht option after bt :P::P::P:
  • make :6::6::P: and variations 0 on block again (cb, probably won't happen)
  • make :6::P+K::P: and variations 0 on block again
  • make lft :6::K: 0 on block again, also give a higher launch on nh
  • make lht :P+K: -2 on block again, also give a higher launch on nh
  • make bt :6::K::6_::K: 0 on block again
  • make bt :P::P::P: -1 on block again
  • make bt :6::K: -3 on block again
  • make dho :H+K::K: -5 on block again
  • make :3_::P::P: guard break again, or give :3_::P::[[P]]: more than just +1
  • add jumping move that avoids lows to hs/rhs, or make :6::6:/:4::4: not completely useless. input could be :2::2:. also make moves like :P::P::8:, dho :2::2:, :9::P:, bt :7::P: actually work
  • :4::6::P: should cause the same stun as :6::4::P: again, which needs a bigger hitbox too
  • bt :4::P:/lht :6::P: should cause a limbo stun on ch again
  • :8::K: and variants should cause a sit down knockback on ch again and be unholdable like sidestep kick (:4::4::K: and lft :P+K: used to cause the same stun too, but the distance created was too big to get anything else off unless near a wall)
  • return old dho punch, which is similar to dho :P+K:, but leaves you in dho. input could be dho :P+K::8: and change his current one to dho :P+K::4_:. also :P+K: on it's own would do the punch without entering bt or dho
  • return old dho :2::K:, which is :1::H+K:. input could be dho :2::H+K:
  • return old :K::K: after his :4::P:, which is :7::K::K:. input could be :4::P::H+K:
  • return old :2::K: after his :K::K:, which is :6::6::K:. input could be :K::K::2::H+K:
  • return old :4::P: after his :6::P:, which is :8::P:. input could stay the same :6::P::4::P:
  • return old lft/lht punch, which is a forward/backward roll into a quick jab. input could be :6::P: for both, and change lht :6::P::P: to :6::4::P::P:
  • return old booty bump throw animation. input could be :236::H+P: (brad needs a circular throw)
  • return old :P::6::P::P: relaunch height so it's actually viable
  • return old :1::P:(:P:):K: bounce height in critical so you can combo from it better
  • increase frame advantage after bt :H+P::5::H+P: from 12 to 17 to stop people getting high countered by :2::P+K: and being able to hold the follow up
  • fix being able to hold out of his limbo stuns
  • make him stand up after the car powerblow on the bottom level of scramble, so he can actually get some damage in
  • adjust hitbox on :3::K::P::P: so it doesn't whiff 80% of the time on max juggled opponents, especially near walls
  • better recovery on moves that lead to hs/rhs. :3::3::K::8:/:1::K::K::8: are particularly bad for this. hell, it's even quicker to enter the stance yourself from those moves. if he can enter and exit hs/rhs so quickly on his own, why not from other moves?
  • rhs :P+K: and variations should hit a downed opponent
  • sidestep kick should avoid lows like standalone :8::K: and have the option to enter dho
  • running punch should avoid lows like standalone :236::P:
  • fix on screen move list showing incorrect moves after certain moves and stances, or none at all
  • and the obvious stuff, change his hs/rhs to :9::P+K: (:8::P+K: is the ground pounce), fix getting stuck in it if you clip through your opponent or they free step, and fix the backwards inputs after moves like :4::H+P: and the opponent teching
most of these probably aren't necessary and may even be complicating things, but i just like having options and hate seeing moves go to waste.

and yeah, those moves are both the same sergio.

Next I copy above @Seppu ideas to improve (not to fix) Brad which I strongly agree, in order of importance (IMO), and also I added my reasons to agree:

change his hs/rhs <input> to :9::P+K: <instead actual :6::6::P+K:>
  1. <very usefull :6::P+K: is lost because of that input, also a lot of Brad players ask for this>

2. return old dho :2::K:, which is :1::H+K:. input could be dho :2::H+K:
    <DHO lacks a fast enough high crush move, neither side step, neither reliable jump, neither other stance direct transition... DHO is too much like being stuck>

3. :4::4::K: and lft :P+K: <...> the distance <these> created was too big to get anything else off unless near a wall
    <both moves have long recovery time which make these easily punishable, therefore these are pettry risky so a better reward is deserved>

4. return old dho punch, which is similar to dho :P+K:, but leaves you in dho. input could be dho :P+K::8: and change his current one to dho :P+K::4_:. also :P+K: on it's own would do the punch without entering bt or dho
    <Brad is suposed to be the impredictability master, so the more stance transitions the better IMO>

5. return old :1::P:(:P:):K: bounce height in critical so you can combo from it better
    <I feel juggling posibilities for Brad are kind limited, also it is a pretty predictable move so deserves better reward>

6. bt :4::P:/lht :6::P: should cause a limbo stun on ch again
    <I miss this limbo stun a lot... :( also LHT has long start up time, so it deserves a better reward>

7. make :3_::P::P: guard break again, or give :3_::P::[[P>]: more than just +1
    <'cuz moves that meed long startup frames should more reward IMO, also this string is extremely predictable which also increase risk of using it therefore it should has better reward>

8. make bt :6::K: -3 on block again
    <'cuz for BT ending moves being safe needs very low recovery, and Brad is suposed to be a BT master>

9. add lht option after bt :P::P::P:
    <Brad is suposed to be the impredictability master, so the more stance transitions the better IMO>

10. make lft :6::K: 0 on block again, also give a higher launch on nh
    <'cuz moves that meed long startup frames should more reward IMO>

11. make lht :P+K: -2 on block again, also give a higher launch on nh
    <'cuz moves that meed long startup frames should more reward IMO>

12. sidestep kick should <...> have the option to enter dho
    <Brad is suposed to be the impredictability master, so the more stance transitions the better IMO, and also for consistency sake>

13. better recovery on moves that lead to hs/rhs. :3::3::K::8:/:1::K::K::8: are particularly bad for this. hell, it's even quicker to enter the stance yourself from those moves. if he can enter and exit hs/rhs so quickly on his own, why not from other moves?
    <I never use this transitions because so long start up time make these useless in competitions>

14. return old lft/lht punch, which is a forward/backward roll into a quick jab <string>. input could be :6::P: for both, and change lht :6::P::P: to :6::4::P::P:
    <this roll is pretty predictable because it has very few options from it, also actually there's not high attacks from these rolls ...>

15. make bt :6::K::6_::K: 0 on block again
    <'cuz moves that need so long startup time deserves better reward IMO>

16. return old :P::6::P::P: relaunch height so it's actually viable
    <I feel juggling posibilities for Brad kind limited>

17. make him stand up after the car powerblow on the bottom level of scramble, so he can actually get some damage in
    <oh please, this danger zone is just useless for Brad, it delivers 15 less damage points than simply blowing opponent into a car! :confused:>

18. the second kick in :2_::K::K: and variations should track
    <'cuz all horizontal moves should tracks IMO>

19. the kick in :P::K:(:4_:) should track
    <'cuz all horizontal moves should tracks IMO>

20. :4::6::P: <...> needs a bigger hitbox too

EDIT: I've not agree with most of "return" and "make ... again" ideas because I respect TN (hard) decision of remaking chars (thus nerfing these) in order to redirect DOA into competitive scene in a bit easier way. Also fix numeration.

Last edited:

Tulkas

Premium Donor
@Seppu, these bugs you mentioned still happens in 1.03???
  1. fix being able to hold out of his limbo stuns
  2. fix on screen move list showing incorrect moves after certain moves and stances, or none at all
  3. fix getting stuck in it if you clip through your opponent or they free step
  4. fix the backwards inputs after moves like :4::H+P: and the opponent teching

Seppu

@Seppu, these bugs you mentioned still happens in 1.03???
  1. fix being able to hold out of his limbo stuns
  2. fix on screen move list showing incorrect moves after certain moves and stances, or none at all
  3. fix getting stuck in it if you clip through your opponent or they free step
  4. fix the backwards inputs after moves like :4::H+P: and the opponent teching
i wrote that list during 1.03. so yeah, they're still there.
Chosen1 confirmed no new moves for Brad other than the new 4P mixup during combos. I am disappoint.
hopefully there will be some new unlisted stance transitions or different move properties that he overlooked.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD