What is your best open up ?

jjinkou2

I start learning Kokoro but i really struggle to open blocking people up.

One of the best i use is :2::K::T: because i can lure it with several :2::K::P: before testing the grab.

i have seen also that :2::3::6::T:,( and the following variant :P+K: or :P: or :9::P:) is also a better option than :2::1::4::T:,:4::T: since the former can lead to a counter hit in your favor (if the opponent try a poke), and the latter can cost u poke in your face.

Commmanda Panda

I start learning Kokoro but i really struggle to open blocking people up.

One of the best i use is :2::K::H+P: because i can lure it with several :2::K::P: before testing the grab.

i have seen also that :2::3::6::H+P:,( and the following variant :P+K: or :P: or :9::P:) is also a better option than :2::1::4::H+P:,:4::H+P: since the former can lead to a counter hit in your favor (if the opponent try a poke), and the latter can cost u poke in your face.

using her Heichu Throw is a great way to open people up. She has a good number of strings that have the throw as a follow-up. When you get the throw off you have options to work off your advantage

In addition to Kokoro’s opening move discussed above, 236T also have usage during stun. Although she will grab only if opponent try high/mid hold while low hold will whiff the grab, however, it is not always required that grab need to be connected to become effective.

[The following move referred to during stun (to be used after stun)]

1 : 236TP ==> Since, I am not success with this move yet. It lacks the effective follow up. To me, this is the must to avoid.

2 : 236T2P ==> Able to connect all hold level attempt. All High-Mid-Low hold are useless against this option (except that low hold at the very right timing). The follow up is up to you.

If the throw connect with High/Mid hold attempt, it is able to lead into CB almost immediately as Hi-Counter Hit.

There are three options for opponent to counter 236T2P.

a) Attack during Kokoro’s throw animation.

b) Crouch guard.

c) Spam low hold (While the first low hold fail, the second low hold will success) or low hold at the very right timing.

3: 236TP+K ==> Use it only when opponent show skill to low hold 236T2P properly which most likely lead to just knockdown.

Comparing between Jann's Dragon Gunner (66T) & Kokoro's 236T which those two are both effective under similar situation.

Jann's : Offensive hold with guaranteed Damage (50).

Kokoro's : No guaranteed damage and not offensive hold (of course).

It could be seen that Dragon Gunner is significantly more threat than Kokoro's 236T.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD