What to do while standing up between the wall and opponent?

If you standing up back to the wall

• You have to use hold while stand up

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better try to use fastest of your character move and try to hit first

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Just stand up with a block

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • I don't know what to do in a situation like this...

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Cozmo

Yesterday i saw a fight between two S ranked players. Kasumi and Hayabusa.
And at one moment Hayabusa becomes pressed between wall and very fast Kasumi combos. She make 3 or 4 short combos in a row everyone of them was input just in moment when Hayabusa tried to stand up after nockdown, and each time Hayabusa looks like a beating doll He can't do nothing to answer on Kasumi's hits. The question is - does any character have a fast enough move to nock back an opponent during beenig pressed between opponents hits and wall. Because i think that Hayabusa was hited before he makes any move just during standing up animation.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
This is like asking what you should do in a game of rock paper scissors.. there is no definitive answer. For anything you do, there is something your opponent can do to beat it. You'll need to pay attention to his tendencies when he knocks you down, and have a good idea what his character can do in that situation with the wall.

What I DONT recommend doing most of the time is standing up and then trying to attack. That will usually just get you beaten out. If you think he isn't going to attack with a tracking move, you could try and stand up and use a sidestep attack. If your character has a command sidestep that is also a good way to get you away from the wall.

If you know with fair certainty he is going to attack with a tracking attack or something you cannot avoid, then it's best to simply block. And you can always try mixup up your wakeup kick timing with a side roll. That screws with a lot of people.

Sam Sultan

Well the smart thing to do would be trying to get away from the wall and preferably put your opponent against the wall. How you do this depends totally on which character you are using. Some characters can get away from the wall very easily(kasumi, hayausa, sarah etc) and others (akira, gen fu etc) have harder time to do so. I use for example hayabusa's :8::H+P: to get away from the wall when my opponent is down or he's teleportation to get away from the wall when my opponent is standing. I think you should go to your characters sub forum and ask people there how they deal with that situation.

lopedo

Tech roll away from the wall after the knockdown.

Simple.

^ This.

If the set up used on you makes rolling away impossible, block.

(I really just told somebody asking how to not get hit in a fighting game to block. roflamayo)

Cozmo

BLOCK — rules)

But it is very-very hard to chose between MID/HIGH or LOW type of block when you have a wall right after your back and opponent in a range of CLOSE HIT — you don't have any time to analyze which move your opponent will use. You just stand and it is a hit right before you!

May be it is a bit easier with Bass or Hitomi, i am not sure... but if we talk about Christy or Kasumi than it is all about luck and not about skill. And this is hard to beat.

lopedo

BLOCK — rules)

But it is very-very hard to chose between MID/HIGH or LOW type of block when you have a wall right after your back and opponent in a range of CLOSE HIT — you don't have any time to analyze which move your opponent will use. You just stand and it is a hit right before you!

May be it is a bit easier with Bass or Hitomi, i am not sure... but if we talk about Christy or Kasumi than it is all about luck and not about skill. And this is hard to beat.

It is mostly luck but also knowledge. What does that character I'm fighting have to put me back on the wall? Does the player want to put me back on the wall? Health situation. It's luck and a guess, but its educated lucky guessing.

Or, just block.

Tones

Premium Donor
Mebbe put yourself at the frame advantage, pseudo or not and/or push back then free step away (eg brad wong's 2k+f or 6p(p)). Throw punish then freestep around.

It's more important to not put yourself in that situation though. Then again I put myself against the wall sometimes and use it to my advantage. Wall throws are good and cross over throws are king in the situation.

DR2K

If you're the AI you can do a wake up kick from the wall aka DOA4.

You put yourself in a bad situation, so it's not going to be easy to escape. Against Kasumi attacking out of disadvantage is harder due to her speed, so you have to up your defense. Oh and don't try to get cute against LF and Bayman. Those fuckers OHs are designed to loop you back into the wall.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I think the safest thing you can probably do is fuzzy guard, though the problem in this game is that throws and OHs vary in speed, so there really in no safe solution in this game. Sometimes it's best just to commit to either ducking or standing and hope you don't get screwed over.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD