Community What's the best way to convey to Team Ninja what the players actually want?

Taking me mad long to write out this thread due to recent unnecessary drama.
I've been thinking if there are better ways to show Team Ninja what the players want for DOA.

The way I'm going about it at the moment feels very restrictive. The people who are willing to vote, for some reason, don't ask me for a code to access the poll. So I have to directly ask/encourage them to participate. No one shares my optimism/enthusiasm *shrugs*

The idea I have now isn't that much different from what I've already been doing. I make short videos giving TN tips on how to make DOA a better video game. The duration of them range from 30 to 50 seconds.
------
So to replace the written polls, how about video polls?
I make a playlist for each topic. Inside the playlists will be 5-7 second gameplay clips to represent your choices. All the choices will be uploaded at the same time for you to watch through.

Voting is simple. Put a like on the video containing the idea(s) you are in support of. Then Team Ninja can see which video in a playlist has the most support.
This would require everyone to have a youtube account and be logged in...
This is starting to sound more complicated than a normal written poll... But it sounds fun, so I may do it anyway.

Good idea? Bad idea? Won't help? Neutral? What do you think?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Taking me mad long to write out this thread due to recent unnecessary drama.
I've been thinking if there are better ways to show Team Ninja what the players want for DOA.

The way I'm going about it at the moment feels very restrictive. The people who are willing to vote, for some reason, don't ask me for a code to access the poll. So I have to directly ask/encourage them to participate. No one shares my optimism/enthusiasm *shrugs*

The idea I have now isn't that much different from what I've already been doing. I make short videos giving TN tips on how to make DOA a better video game. The duration of them range from 30 to 50 seconds.
------
So to replace the written polls, how about video polls?
I make a playlist for each topic. Inside the playlists will be 5-7 second gameplay clips to represent your choices. All the choices will be uploaded at the same time for you to watch through.

Voting is simple. Put a like on the video containing the idea(s) you are in support of. Then Team Ninja can see which video in a playlist has the most support.
This would require everyone to have a youtube account and be logged in...
This is starting to sound more complicated than a normal written poll... But it sounds, fun so I may do it anyway.

Good idea? Bad idea? Won't help? Neutral? What do you think?
If by unnecessary drama you mean Emery booting you from his discord for your attention seeking and derailing threads and being rude, I can see why.. this is like your 3-4th thread within a short time span. They don't ask for a code because they're not interested in the route or vision you have for the game and you come off rather stubborn when someone tells you why it's not a good idea

As for the videos, I'd probably give them up because you're not gonna get the engagement you want with how you share your ideas and them in general, no one is going to like a YT video they don't agree with, and you probably can't see the accurate amount of people who dislike your ideas since YT hides dislikes now so you're probably getting a warped vision of the reaction since you can't see who disagrees, just because 1-3 people may like your "idea" on a video doesn't mean that it suddenly dismissed the hidden 6-10+ who watched and disliked because they don't make sense

There's also no need to to make videos since the general thing players want are new updates, better balance, costumes(both legacy ones, favorite ones to return, and new ones that are well designed) for all of the cast including less liked characters, more custom options and more general modes and stuff to play like Tag, and more stages and overall a better story and online and offline experience, it's been said and discussed multiple times here for the past few years. It's why I myself work on new costumes and older costume ports and hair and custom options for PC since that's amongst some of the things players want that TN isn't currently doing

Last edited:

HHH816

money.

it's too late for DOA6 btw,

wait for a spinoff DOA game that you can invest on DLC

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'd appreciate it if a respectful person gave me feedback. Thanks in advance.(TLDR; I want someone who'll kiss my *ss and agree with me no matter what.)
I am being respectful tho, others here would have threatened you or called you names but I'm at least being polite enough to let you know what the issue is.

And I'm far from being a hateful person but if that's how you feel oh well, I've tried but maybe the more harsh input from others here will be less "worthless". I won't reply anymore since you're wasting everyone's time and most importantly mine.

I am being respectful tho, others here would have threatened you or called you names but I'm at least being polite enough to let you know what the issue is.

And I'm far from being a hateful person but if that's how you feel oh well, I've tried but maybe the more harsh input from others here will be less "worthless". I won't reply anymore since you're wasting everyone's time and most importantly mine.
How about just being positive and nice from now on.
money.

it's too late for DOA6 btw,

wait for a spinoff DOA game that you can invest on DLC
Aren't we supposed to buy the backwards compatible legacy DOA titles on Xbox Series X so they will see that there's still interest in the series? But I think purchasing the dlc for DOA6 is just as good if not better than buying old games.

DyByHands

Aren't we supposed to buy the backwards compatible legacy DOA titles on Xbox Series X so they will see that there's still interest in the series? But I think purchasing the dlc for DOA6 is just as good if not better than buying old games.
Well, i bought a series s and doa 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 digital the moment they were all available. That shows i like the series. I think if enough people bought the games that would show interest in the series.
buying outfits shows that you have interest in dressing the female characters, imo.

though I will say. I am upset I cant get Mai in DOA5 anymore on xbox. I have her on ps4 but i skipped the xbox one generation and now she is gone. Lame

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
How about just being positive and nice from now on.
@NyaMiyamaFighter... please, get a hold of yourself.

KL is not your enemy, and from what I've been observing in this thread, he's really trying his best to be as fair and nuanced as possible. But at the same time, he's not an idiot. The idea of you suddenly telling him to be optimistic after all of this isn't a good look on your part. That's the textbook definition of toxic positivity (yes, that's a thing), and it only makes you and the person you're telling - no, demanding - to say nice things look disingenuous. Nothing worthwhile can come from disingenuous perspectives as far as progression goes; you may as well be talking to a feedback loop.

So instead of demanding people to say nice things, stop giving in to your ego, and more importantly, don't take every criticism personally. Try to understand the perspective of those who are genuinely frustrated with the game's flaws, take in what's genuinely useful, and filter out what isn't.

Well, i bought a series s and doa 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 digital the moment they were all available. That shows i like the series. I think if enough people bought the games that would show interest in the series.
buying outfits shows that you have interest in dressing the female characters, imo.

though I will say. I am upset I cant get Mai in DOA5 anymore on xbox. I have her on ps4 but i skipped the xbox one generation and now she is gone. Lame
That is pretty lame. DOA6 is more fun than 5 tho (just my opinion).
I'm all for buying every single shred of dlc if it will be a community effort. Like, if at least 100 of us all verbally agree to buy "such and such dlc" at "such and such" time, I'll participate.

@NyaMiyamaFighter... please, get a hold of yourself.

KL is not your enemy, and from what I've been observing in this thread, he's really trying his best to be as fair and nuanced as possible. But at the same time, he's not an idiot. The idea of you suddenly telling him to be optimistic after all of this isn't a good look on your part. That's the textbook definition of toxic positivity (yes, that's a thing), and it only makes you and the person you're telling - no, demanding - to say nice things look disingenuous. Nothing worthwhile can come from disingenuous perspectives as far as progression goes; you may as well be talking to a feedback loop.

So instead of demanding people to say nice things, stop giving in to your ego, and more importantly, don't take every criticism personally. Try to understand the perspective of those who are genuinely frustrated with the game's flaws, take in what's genuinely useful, and filter out what isn't.
After the first 3 sentences, I didn't read/retain anything else he/she wrote.
I asked for negative feedback in my original post. Them saying "no" to my proposals isn't my issue. My problem is that he/she expounded upon the drama that they thought put me in a foul mood. This person is always poking a stick at me, here and on discord.
I never mentioned Emery, I never mentioned a stream. So keep it out of the conversation. Simple.

I'm not looking for pats on the back from everyone. I'm looking for interaction and non-toxic behavior. Yes, you can disagree with someone while being respectful.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That is pretty lame. DOA6 is more fun than 5 tho (just my opinion).
I'm all for buying every single shred of dlc if it will be a community effort. Like, if at least 100 of us all verbally agree to buy "such and such dlc" at "such and such" time, I'll participate.

After the first 3 sentences, I didn't read/retain anything else he/she wrote.
I asked for negative feedback in my original post. Them saying "no" to my proposals isn't my issue. My problem is that he/she expounded upon the drama that they thought put me in a foul mood. This person is always poking a stick at me, here and on discord.
I never mentioned Emery, I never mentioned a stream. So keep it out of the conversation. Simple.

I'm not looking for pats on the back from everyone. I'm looking for interaction and non-toxic behavior. Yes, you can disagree with someone while being respectful.
But your behavior in all mediums you post and argue with others on is toxic tho, and I have been respectful while disagreeing with you, you just can't take someone being blunt with you and not sugar coating it, trust me there's members here on this forum who are toxic and very disrespectful who will clown your looks and be very nasty but I'm not one of them.

And that's literally how most people may feel after reading the first few sentences you post as I've noted here and on discord, it's just exhausting because you're not being realistic about what people are telling you and you continue forcing it on us like we'll suddenly change. I also haven't poked you "with a stick" on discord, I disagreeed with your same ideas there alongside everyone else in the server and that's why I never replied to your personal DM because I knew you'd bite my head off over it like you did the others.

TLDR; Your ideas aren't being received well and you come off very entitled like they'll save TN and the DOA6 game which it won't. Sit down and evaluate your plans again and maybe you'll get support. I did a similar change type thread on DOA6U on Twitter for example and it was better received and liked since I was very neutral towards other's thoughts and I kept it realistic with proper changes in mind that would benefit the community, TN is gonna make money no matter what, it's about what the fans want

The DLC costs/lack of creativty was the main problem with DOA6.
They recycled a lot of costumes :/

But your behavior in all mediums you post and argue with others on is toxic tho, and I have been respectful while disagreeing with you, you just can't take someone being blunt with you and not sugar coating it, trust me there's members here on this forum who are toxic and very disrespectful who will clown your looks and be very nasty but I'm not one of them.

And that's literally how most people may feel after reading the first few sentences you post as I've noted here and on discord, it's just exhausting because you're not being realistic about what people are telling you and you continue forcing it on us like we'll suddenly change. I also haven't poked you "with a stick" on discord, I disagreeed with your same ideas there alongside everyone else in the server and that's why I never replied to your personal DM because I knew you'd bite my head off over it like you did the others.

TLDR; Your ideas aren't being received well and you come off very entitled like they'll save TN and the DOA6 game which it won't. Sit down and evaluate your plans again and maybe you'll get support. I did a similar change type thread on DOA6U on Twitter for example and it was better received and liked since I was very neutral towards other's thoughts and I kept it realistic with proper changes in mind that would benefit the community, TN is gonna make money no matter what, it's about what the fans want
I already said this wasn't about "getting support" from others.
Ok, KasumiLover, ok.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD