Will you be buying DOA5U?

Are you going to buy DOA5U?

• Total voters

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Most definitely, yes. The added combo training, extra characters make it a must buy for me.
Just hope they've fine-tuned the match points system for online rankings. It might not matter to a lot of you, but it's real to me dammit!

MasterHavik

Most definitely, yes. The added combo training, extra characters make it a must buy for me.
Just hope they've fine-tuned the match points system for online rankings. It might not matter to a lot of you, but it's real to me dammit!
Combo training? You mean the combos you can figure out in two minutes?

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Combo training? You mean the combos you can figure out in two minutes?

As someone who uses only 1 character, I find the "tool" useful for me to find out what works for a back-up character in tag. As an older guy who relies on using a controller instead of a stick, this cuts down on the amount of time I would have to spend hunting down combos online that work for my ever-slowing reflexes.
I appreciate your input though, young whippersnapper.

MasterHavik

As someone who uses only 1 character, I find the "tool" useful for me to find out what works for a back-up character in tag. As an older guy who relies on using a controller instead of a stick, this cuts down on the amount of time I would have to spend hunting down combos online that work for my ever-slowing reflexes.
I use a controller too dude and I don't ride the web for combos in DOA. I also kind of sort of play one character as well. Btw, i been using pad since I was in the 8th grade playing fighters.

Some of the combos are rather difficult(especially the new ones added in ultimate). It's also helpful to new players in understanding the combo mechanics in the game(stun and cb set ups) and some good bnb set ups. Lower your nose a bit.
What are hard combos in DOA? There isn't any. I could do BNBs with all the cast and I'm a Zack main. Combos in DOA aren't rocket science. Combo training and trial modes in general are very bad in my opinion since combos in those modes are just for show and don't really teach you anything. For example the trial mode in UMVC3 for Phoenix Wright doesn't have a turnabout mode combo in it so a new player getting into that game wanting to try PW won't know that mode exists. These are modes are pointless fillers. You learn more about just going over the movelist yourself.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
As a fellow older guy, I suggest you save yourself some stress and just ignore MasterHavik.

DR2K

I use a controller too dude and I don't ride the web for combos in DOA. I also kind of sort of play one character as well. Btw, i been using pad since I was in the 8th grade playing fighters.

What are hard combos in DOA? There isn't any. I could do BNBs with all the cast and I'm a Zack main. Combos in DOA aren't rocket science. Combo training and trial modes in general are very bad in my opinion since combos in those modes are just for show and don't really teach you anything. For example the trial mode in UMVC3 for Phoenix Wright doesn't have a turnabout mode combo in it so a new player getting into that game wanting to try PW won't know that mode exists. These are modes are pointless fillers. You learn more about just going over the movelist yourself.

This is relative to the player and character familiarity.

Combos where you only have a few frames to land them. Like super launcher combos, range specific set ups, just frames, etc. . .

The mission mode in UMVC3 shows a few basic combos and specials, it's not much of a trial mode. But the ones I played in plus where much more comprehensive and helpful and it's being expanded in Ultimate to show the new combo properties added(many were added fyi). Which is going to be incredibly helpful to even top level players here.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
As a fellow older guy, I suggest you save yourself some stress and just ignore MasterHavik.

Naw, the dude is entitled to his opinion, and it takes a lot more than a question to get me stressed.
I nearly forgot though, Jacky being in the game is a bonus too, was one of the regular characters I'd use in VF. Will be good to see how well he meshes with Mr. Strong.

wiztick

Naw, the dude is entitled to his opinion, and it takes a lot more than a question to get me stressed.
I nearly forgot though, Jacky being in the game is a bonus too, was one of the regular characters I'd use in VF. Will be good to see how well he meshes with Mr. Strong.

jacky will blend good with just about anyone since he has many different combos to work with. his simplicity will be everyones demise.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
DOA5 Ultimate is looking to come for VF5FS's Neck(in a good way lol). All the robust tutorials, game modes, new stages, new characters, revamped characters, new system mechanics(character specifics mechanics/techniques). Truthfully, all of these elements traditionally = a new Numbered Title. DOA6 has a lot to live up too now.

MaxwellMouse

There is a small FGC scene where I live. Sadly no one plays DOA who is part of it. I will try to convert a couple when DOA5U comes out. Having someone to play with would keep me into the game much longer I bet.

akhi216

Standard Donor
I just dusted off the Vita to play Dead or Alive 5+ and realized how much I like the series, I will be picking it up day one for sure.

Dave

The combo training is actually what I am looking forward to the most to be honest. I know plenty of combos for my characters, but this mode seems like something that could really help you. I'm really interest to see what they've come up with for each individual. I can't wait to try each character out.

Dravidian

Dunno if I'll pick this up. Probably not right away....
I'll get the "free" version and maybe later just DL the 3 characters I use most; Helena, Hitomi, and Tina. I might pickup EIN as well since I played him a lot in 2 or perhaps Eliot.

I need to see how the new systems work first hand before I invest more money into an update. I'll Just be playing as Kasumi and Ayane with a side of Hayate until further notice. If I'm happy after about 2 months or so, I'll pick it up.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD