DOA5LR 2015 Halloween DLC information

HajinMonSect

I'm not afraid of skin (if anything I prefer it) but I actually liked Hitomis drawn design better than the actual one. I mean what is she supposed to be, a bear with four arms!?

The_King_Edo

I take back what I said. Looks good.
11145560_10206811186111525_1248126691521515775_n.jpg

But fucking Ein got shafted HARD. Here I was thinking he got Hayate's outfit.
12074811_10206811182031423_2288042352627726558_n.jpg
If I make it to a stream at NEC I will totally rock this one if my opponent is playing a female character.
Whats ein wearing...?

Seems people don't want to share all the costumes....

But these are some that haven't been shared and should be:
12144785_10206811189551611_3484114251977404513_n.jpg

11209362_10206811178591337_3337988078319465090_n.jpg

12143220_10206811150590637_3316207997543645839_n.jpg

And also i'm loving bass's pirate outfit and raidou's akuma (?) Outfit

Kronin

Whats ein wearing...?
And also i'm loving bass's pirate outfit and raidou's akuma (?) Outfit

10256614_743697759067645_5563576709551003239_o.jpg

Ein is cosplaying as a "wild man" but I'm not sure if in the intentions of the author it was more a Tarzan kind or a prehistoric one.

Raidou instead represents Raijin, the Japanese god of thunder and lightining:

raijin-thunder-god-nitenmon-gate-taiyuin-mausoleum-nikko-big.jpg

Last edited:

Kronin

In a tweet Team NINJA just stated that next week will announce 10 winners in addition to the three already mentioned previously (Kokoro, Tina and Honoka's designs). Not sure if these winners will be between the already selected designs or even the discarded ones.

"We will announce 10 winners (on top of 3 winners already announced) this week. Please stand by. #DOA5LR #Halloween"

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/655775409246597120

Also, if these 10 winners are the ones mentioned in the original contest's manifest, I believe that they should get some prizes.

EDIT: From the original announcement of the DoA5LR Halloween Design Challenge:

We are now accepting submissions for new Halloween-themed costume designs
from Fighters around the world!
The winning designs will be made available as DLC in October 2015! (*1)

Additionally, 10 personally selected winners will receive a special present from Team NINJA! (*2)

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/designerschallenge2015.html

So apparently the designs getting the prizes should be selected between the ones that weren't used for the DLC pack.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

In a tweet Team NINJA just stated that next week will announce 10 winners in addition to the three already mentioned previously (Kokoro, TIna and Honoka's designs). Not sure if these winners will be between the already selected designs or even the discarded ones.

"We will announce 10 winners (on top of 3 winners already announced) this week. Please stand by. #DOA5LR #Halloween"

https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/655775409246597120

Also, if these 10 winners are the ones mentioned in the original contest's manifest, I believe that they should get some prizes.

EDIT: From the original announcement of the DoA5LR Halloween Design Challenge:

We are now accepting submissions for new Halloween-themed costume designs
from Fighters around the world!
The winning designs will be made available as DLC in October 2015! (*1)

Additionally, 10 personally selected winners will receive a special present from Team NINJA! (*2)

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/designerschallenge2015.html

So apparently the designs getting the prizes should be selected between the ones that weren't used for the DLC pack.

That's great.

They've been improving their marketing a lot in the last few months (lots of tourney footage, contests, answers to the silly requests).
They want to get closer to the community and that's good.

Kronin

The Halloween contest is still open ? :eek:
I think I'm going to submit my avatar then lol

No, at the time of the challenge's announcement TN had mentioned that 10 designs would have got special prizes from Team NINJA (very likely DoA gadgets as the previous years), apparently designs outside the ones selected for becoming part of the game; now they are just stating that they will give the announcement of these particular winners next week =)

Kodachi

Standard Donor
So cool! I wonder what the prize will be

Kronin

So cool! I wonder what the prize will be

I'm not sure if TN was talking to gift prizes even to the first three winners, but of course I hope so for you (even if the best reward is always the one to see your outfit in game ;) ). You could try to ask it to them =)

Kronin

The shipment just came in today! this is what i got
  • Soundtrack vol. 4
  • Playing cards
  • Metal Plate tags
  • Post Cards
  • Marie Rose 3D mouse pad
  • Signed Dead or Alive History Book

TN hooked me up this is so awesome :'D

Awww, so envy, you got your creations in the game and nice prizes too (in first place the History Book, just what I hoped to win me too)... my congratulations of course, you deserved it! ;)

I'm curious about the Metal Plate tags, could you describe them please?

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Awww, so envy, you got your creations in the game and nice prizes too (in first place the History Book, just what I hoped to win me too)... my congratulations of course, you deserved it! ;)

I'm curious about the Metal Plate tags, could you describe them please?
these things, they're like dog tags I guess. It has the characters name engraved on the back
$_35.JPG

Kronin

This is from DOA5 CE.

My bad, if it's so I'm pretty sure to have already seen them before but I can't just remember about it. They were definitely not one of the gadgets more promoted from KT (on the opposite for example to the pins).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD