Balance 5A 1st Patch - Prepping for the Little Girl.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Leon is very solid as he is now. There aren't many changes that he needs to just about anything he has so expecting any buffs will probably end up with disappointment when he inevitably gets nerfed (players forget he is the strongest for a reason). Of course getting more throw damage is always welcome.

There is really only one old string I want to return and I want him to get at least one high crush string finisher.

I really want is his old :P::K::K: back (if you don't know it it's just like Bayman's) but changed to :P::K::4::K: with his current :4::K: animation and capability to be charged/GB.

As for the crushing strings:
:4::P::1::P: - his 4P ending in his 1P. Simple, it doesn't need to even leave an opponent in stun. Whether or not it remains safe is up for grabs (see what I did there?).

:4::P::2::K: - 4P followed by his BT 2K.

That's all I can hope for now aside from speed buffs (4 frame throw is also welcome). If I'm not mistaken throws across the board might be getting range buffs if what Mr. Wah said is right about throws feeling longer in range.

Thoughts?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I want to see how far the push back has become on 33P. If it's 6P range, oh HELL YES!

As for Desert Falcon Ukemi change...need to see it. Probably a nerf if they can actually tech it now and you don't get a ground throw chance.

Crouching down to 4 frames (like everybody else) is nice. Now I can actually successfully duck air throws and not get pissed off when I know I ducked them.

As for Guard Advantages, looks like I'm gonna have a reason to fully finish the frame data when this patch drops.

Kinda funny how we keep seeing Leon has needed fixes since launch.

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Tech Rolling is the DOA term.

It's getting up as soon as you get knocked down by pressing specific inputs the moment you would hit the ground.

I actually learned the official term from Bang Shishigami in BlazBlue - "This is an Ukemi" upon Teching.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, you could always back tech up from the Desert Falcon's Dervish Throw follow-up, you were just left at some disadvantage from doing so (more significant if at close range, whereas at full stretch Leon's gotta waste a lotta those frames charging you). I'm not really sure what they're changing.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Yeah, it's kind of weird how it is now. Normally throws that send the opponent flying can be immediately teched when they hit the ground, yet Desert Falcon had some delay to it for some reason. I'm willing to bet that it will be immediately techable upon hitting the ground now.

Also I'm hoping that the "Improved the input feel of 33T command for certain characters" change mentioned in the general changes section of the patch notes means that Leon's 33T will be much easier to execute. I can do Bayman's without a problem, but Leon's gives me a lot of trouble for some reason.

Brute

Standard Donor
Interesting. I don't have as much trouble with his. My 33 input of doom is Ryu's 33P4. Seriously, that thing is resilient at times when I'm in dire need of it.

KidArk

I think the 33p push back reduction won't be drastic , I think they're just fixing how you press 7p after 33p and it wiffs half the time even though supposed to be guaranteed. If it's any closer I see thousands of dervish throw attempts in my future.

DontForkWitMe

Wouldn't it be something if 33p kept opponents close enough for 3k to reach giving him guaranteed double sitdown into guaranteed 214p into air throw all while potential breakable objects nearby for even more damage. This will literally be a tier raising buff if 33p knockback range is legit.

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Patch is out. No official notes yet.

The knock back on 8PP has indeed been removed.

The distance on 33P is 2.00M but is now actually consistent (real range is around 2.45M but the range to hit with 7P is around 2.10M.

SDS on knockback type moves (Leon 33P) has been changed as well. Opponent looks like they are actually slipping.

And the Desert Eagle ukemi is a nerf, people can now tech it from the animation ground hit. If they don't tech it you can still get the Dervish Throw followup.

Brute

Standard Donor
33P allows for 3K follow-up, but that then causes a pushback too heavy for any real follow-up.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD