DOA5U [9/18/13] Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate will be at WNF!

BloodBurger

images

Super Arcade - 1211 N Grand Ave, Walnut, CA 91789

Alex Valle and Super Arcade have invited us back for week 2 of DOA5U at Wednesday Night Fights. If you're in So Cal and you're a DOA5U player you need to be there to support!

Console:
- Xbox360
- This is a BYOC (bring your own controller) event.

Tournament Rules:
- 3/5 Rounds.
- Best 2 out of 3 Matches.
- Best 3 out of 5 Matches in Grand Finals.
- Double Elimination.
- Normal Life Setting.
- 60 Second Time Limit.
- Dangerzones are on.
- Random Stage Select
- Winner Lock, Winner must keep the same character. Loser may change characters.
- Random Character Select is allowed, but if the winner wins with that character, they must use that character in the second match.
- Blind pick is allowed.
Entrance Fee: 10 dollars (5 to the pot, 5 to the venue)
Pay Out: To be determined. Probably 60/30/10 or 70/20/10 depending on what Valle wants to do.
Time: 8PM

WNF - 9/18/13 8PM

Stream link:

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Last edited:

ikodomo

We need at least 10 players to show up. Please don't let this opportunity go to waste just like what happened to DOA5 at WNF. Here's what they had to say at the Competitive Dead Or Alive Group at FB
Anton Herrera:
So Alex Valle said if we can get 16ish players to play DoA5U at a WNF, we can bring it back to the schedule. Who would be interested in DoA5U tomorrow, but I especially don't want it to be a bust and a waste of space timeslot. Just like a call.
Alex Valle: Hope to see you guys at WNF!
Anton HerreraI: mean if we can get 16, I'm sure Valle would be down to make the arrangements for it

Do not let this happen again and show up people.

BloodBurger

Yes sir... If you're in So Cal, this is a great opportunity to get this game the shine that it deserves! 4-5000 eyes will be on us. Lets make it happen!

Last edited:

Anton

The game will definitely be there now and I'll definitely be there! Please show up and show support for the game! I'll DM Valle about the ruleset. Someone should enlighten me on the DoA5U standard tournament ruleset..It should be 360, correct?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
The game will definitely be there now and I'll definitely be there! Please show up and show support for the game! I'll DM Valle about the ruleset. Someone should enlighten me on the DoA5U standard tournament ruleset..It should be 360, correct?

Tournament rulings;

Console:
- Xbox360 (if more players prefer PS3, we can play on PS3 but bring your copy of DOA5U).
- You are definitely allowed to bring in your own controller/arcade stick.

Tournament Rules:
- 3/5 Rounds.
- Double Elimination.
- Normal Life Setting.
- 60 Second Time Limit.
- Dangerzones are on.
- Random Stage Select
- Winner Lock, Winner must keep the same character. Loser may change characters.
- Random Character Select is allowed, but if the winner wins with that character, they must use that character in the second match.
- Blind pick is allowed.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah, definitely ignore that player cap (I'll edit that out actually), that was from something I copied and pasted.

Anton

Tournament rulings;

Console:
- Xbox360
- This is a BYOC (bring your own controller) event.

Tournament Rules:
- 3/5 Rounds.
- Double Elimination.
- Normal Life Setting.
- 60 Second Time Limit.
- Dangerzones are on.
- Random Stage Select
- Blind pick is allowed.
Entrance Fee: 10 dollars (5 to the pot, 5 to the venue)

Pay Out: To be determined. Probably 60/30/10 or 70/20/10 depending on what Valle wants to do.
Time: Let's say 8PM
Date: 9/11/13

Please post this on the first post, thanks :).

reddyxm

I'm definitely going to be there! Is there enough copies for the 360? If need be, I can bring my Xbox DOA5U copy. I'll just bring it in case.

For those around the area, please don't feel intimidated by the arcade atmosphere or feel that you aren't skilled enough to compete in this tournament. I'm a complete beginner to 3D fighters so I'll be mashing half the time. lol. I'm not going there to measure my skill like some folks are but I'm going there with a mindset to have fun and meet new people. I really want to support this game so I'll be making that 1 hour drive after my 9 hour shift to attend WNF for the very first time.

But if you are looking to level up and play against some top competition, what better way than to go to WNF where you can get immediate direct feedback from players which you can't get when playing random ranked matches online.

BloodBurger

I'm definitely going to be there! Is there enough copies for the 360? If need be, I can bring my Xbox DOA5U copy. I'll just bring it in case.

For those around the area, please don't feel intimidated by the arcade atmosphere or feel that you aren't skilled enough to compete in this tournament. I'm a complete beginner to 3D fighters so I'll be mashing half the time. lol. I'm not going there to measure my skill like some folks are but I'm going there with a mindset to have fun and meet new people. I really want to support this game so I'll be making that 1 hour drive after my 9 hour shift to attend WNF for the very first time.

But if you are looking to level up and play against some top competition, what better way than to go to WNF where you can get immediate direct feedback from players which you can't get when playing random ranked matches online.

This exactly. I've never played competitively personally. We all have to start somewhere.

Hope to see everyone there!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Let's play DOA5U tonight, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH BABY!!!!!

Also, on a more serious note, I agree that this should be on the front page. This is actually very important for Cali DOA and DOA in general.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Put it up on the front page for exposure. As long as we have more notice we can get the word out sooner next time. Busy getting ready for TFC plus working so I didn't notice this right away.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD