DOA5U [9/18/13] Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate will be at WNF!

BloodBurger

Big congrats to the first DOA5U tournament winner at WNF our own iHajinShinobi! Shoutouts to FilipinoMan at 2nd and AirGear at 3rd.

Alex Valle and Mike Watson extended their full support of this game at WNF IF we can continue to bring in at least 12 entrants. Mark it on your calendars for next time guys! Let's try to keep the game at WNF!

Oh and the finals were sick! I got offscreen footage. Uploading tonight.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Results for top 3;

1st AFD HajinShinobi
2nd Filipin0man
3rd AFD Dr.Sweaty Palms (A1r Gear)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaah!!! Tonight was fun as hell. Glad new players came out to play and get the numbers there for the game to stick. We really needed that.

Honestly though, "none" of us went to play hard tonight. Our goal was just to show up, play and practice, and ensure that we got DOA into WNF. And, we were able to accomplish that. Especially because of Valle and Filipinoman.

I have to give a HUGE thank you and respect to both of them. Filipinoman convinced Valle to give us a shot, and Valle was showing interest in DOA and now he see's that were serious. But, now that we got things in order, we have to keep it that way. So our attendance HAS to stay consistent, guys.

We have a great spot now, one that will give our game higher exposure out here. Both for us competent players and new players alike.

We've got offline casuals going regularly every weekend in the LA area, we have 1337Lounge, and now, Super Arcade. This is friggin huge for us in SoCal. We need to keep it going and continue to grow. Let's teach our newer players the game more at our meet ups, let's level them up, as well as ourselves. SoCal is making moves now, and I want to see it growing (same for NorCal too).

Because we had quite a bit of new players come out, and they are actually into DOA5U, and I want to keep them interested. I'm willing to help out and teach those said players the rules and basics of DOA, as well as other things.

Tonight was an awesome breakthrough (and a lot of fun). I love being around my teammates and a DOA crowd, no matter the size. I have to thank EVERYONE that came out tonight to support DOA. I really appreciate it, we wouldn't have gotten DOA in if none of us attended.

NEXT WEEK though, I'm really gonna get in dat ass and play haaaaaaaaard so don't expect me to let up, LOL. Air Gear, we're having a real hard core challenging set next week bro. At WNF and at 1337Lounge.

Get ready and get HYPE, 'cause HajinShinobi gon' cut a nigga. >:3

Rubedood

Really like to go this week, but I would probably need a ride. Can anyone that's going help me out?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Really like to go this week, but I would probably need a ride. Can anyone that's going help me out?

Hit up either Bloodburger, Ikodomo, Reddyxm or Vincent Rayne about carpooling. Maybe one of them can work something out with you.

Just a suggestion.

Rubedood

Well, I currently live nearby LAX right now, so whoever lives closest to that would be the one to talk to. So who would that be?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You should add the rulings to the OP, bro.

Console:
- Xbox360
- This is a BYOC (bring your own controller) event.

Tournament Rules:
- 3/5 Rounds.
- Best 2 out of 3 Matches.
- Best 3 out of 5 Matches in Grand Finals.
- Double Elimination.
- Normal Life Setting.
- 60 Second Time Limit.
- Dangerzones are on.
- Random Stage Select
- Winner Lock, Winner must keep the same character. Loser may change characters.
- Random Character Select is allowed, but if the winner wins with that character, they must use that character in the second match.
- Blind pick is allowed.
Entrance Fee: 10 dollars (5 to the pot, 5 to the venue)
Pay Out: To be determined. Probably 60/30/10 or 70/20/10 depending on what Valle wants to do.
Time: 8PM

Last edited:

ikodomo

We had only 8 players come out tonight. Alex Valle gave us a warning. We need more people to show up for next week otherwise we can potentially get cut again like last year when we had DOA5 at WNF. If you are currently at SoCal and want to support our game, please show up. We will welcome you guys with open arms and you will definitely have fun coming out.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
We had only 8 players come out tonight. Alex Valle gave us a warning. We need more people to show up for next week otherwise we can potentially get cut again like last year when we had DOA5 at WNF. If you are currently at SoCal and want to support our game, please show up. We will welcome you guys with open arms and you will definitely have fun coming out.

>_<

We need to keep it strong in Cali guys, this is partially why I feel so bad for not being able to attend tonight...

Who are all in attendance tonight?

BloodBurger

>_<

We need to keep it strong in Cali guys, this is partially why I feel so bad for not being able to attend tonight...

Who are all in attendance tonight?

Myself, A1R GEAR, BlackKnight, Jared, another Tina player who's name escapes me, Jesse Le, Ezra, 1CRN (a friend of mine and BK's).

And Ikodomo is right. Need more of a showing to keep it alive. I know there's players in this area. Come down or see the game removed from the lineup.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD