About morons online

Sam Sultan

It seems like it is pointless for me to defend this game and i also understand now why the community is not growing so lets just agree to what i previously said and end this.
Conclusion:
DOA is random so nobody can claim to be better than anybody else and also online vs offline is a bullshit topic to begin with, since the game is random and winning or losing is only determined randomly. You can only claim to be a better guesser than your opponent not being more skillful, since every decision is based on guessing and thus do not represent any kind of skill whatsoever(except of guessing skill). DOA is not a competitive fighting game and should not be taken seriously to begin with. People who argue about being better than someone else in this game are just being stupid since the outcome of a match is always random, based on the random decisions that players make. If you want to show that you are good in fighting games you should play Tekken, VF or other competitive fighting games and not the RANDOM DOA. DOA community(FSD) is nothing about skillful players its just a community to have fun playing DOA and not show your skill or whatsoever since the game is random.
I wonder if everybody agrees with this? If so then let's agree on this statements and no longer talk about being better, skillful or whatever but rather just enjoy playing the game.

Takeda-sama

The ability to carry out combos to the fullest extent and unleash max damage upon a correct guess, as well as reaction time, speed and good guarding to reduce the damage you take from the attacking opponent. Nuff said.

Sam Sultan

Can someone please tell me what i should think of DOA5? I mean it is claimed that the game is random so am i a skilled player if i win in this game or am i just lucky and a good guesser? Basically what im trying to ask is does it require any kind of skill to be good at this game? And if yes then what are this skills that you need in order to be good at this game or is it perhaps that a win in this game is purely based on random events and doesn't mean anything?

Keved

I've been fairly fortunate when it comes to online & would consider myself quite lucky to have avoided any form of online abuse, spammers or dirty player tactics. I've had something dribble into my ear-piece once or twice but nothing too over the top.

I'm a clean fighter, so there is no trash talking or bitter messages with me. If i lose, i simply accept the reality that i wasn't good enough for my opposition & i move on. If i win, i will most probably fist punch the air like one of those Korean pros that randomly walk up to you in the arcades on the streets, have one fight, kick your arse & then walk away like a boss to go eat some noodles while you wonder who the hell it was that just whooped your clacker with Ryu. If i win, I won't rub it in or send any ego-rubbing messages regardless of the players rank. That is poor form & it would feel arrogant to me to shove that down someones gullet.

Most of the time i play with the headset on & the games are in good spirit, we just talk about random shit like the weather or what your plans are on Wednesday, there is no bitterness in the lobby, just a couple of DoA fans from various stretches of the globe having a good ruckus online & having some light-hearted fun. There is swearing of course, but we're blokes, it's natural & it's nothing serious. :cool: Which imo, is the best way to enjoy online gaming.

Everything in the lobby is going swell.....that is until, ........a dark figure looms over the room, Mad Max enters the lobby & the chat room goes eerily mute & conversations about the weather & plans for Wednesday turns into conversations about Hitomi & dates with Hitomi...

Character select screen blazes across my monitor as both me & Max highlight Hitomi each, before the fight even begins i receive a message on the top right of my screen saying "Don't pick my girl!", it's too late & the fight begins.

I play my natural game, he plays his. First count goes to Max, second to me 1-1.

Then it goes into reverse, i take a 2-1 lead only for Max to level it up making it 2-2. This is getting intense as i wipe sweat from my mitt.

Last round, nothing to lose & everything to gain, i take the match in an ugly, spam heavy way, but a win is a win. We return to the lobby, Mad Max throws out a few F bombs & leaves. Order is restored, the smell has left & we all simply resume our early convo like nothing had happened.

Me: So plans for Wednesday?

Joe Bloggs: Taking the family for a picnic

Me: Cool

Fin/

Sam Sultan

The ability to carry out combos to the fullest extent and unleash max damage upon a correct guess, as well as reaction time, speed and good guarding to reduce the damage you take from the attacking opponent. Nuff said.
But the dominating factor in this game is guessing which means you can be 10x better of an attacker, defender than me and have 2x better reaction speed and i could still beat you just by outguessing you. So all i really need is to be good at guessing.

Takeda-sama

Can someone please tell me what i should think of DOA5? I mean it is claimed that the game is random so am i a skilled player if i win in this game or am i just lucky and a good guesser? Basically what im trying to ask is does it require any kind of skill to be good at this game? And if yes then what are this skills that you need in order to be good at this game or is it perhaps that a win in this game is purely based on random events and doesn't mean anything?
I already answered this. if you can't read a response then you shouldn't be on a forum. It is POSSIBLE to win only by guessing, yes, but it is not PROBABLE, and if you rely entirely on guessing holds without blocking striking or throwing at all you're going to need about 12 or so guesses, because holds dont do much damage, hence the probability of that happening is ridiculously low, and your going to lose almost every game you play if you do this, whilst a person with the skills I already listed is going to win more than half the games they play. This describes essentially, the difference between Khaos' point of view and the perspective of all the players who disagree with him, as well as why they are right and he is wrong.

Takeda-sama

You can't always counter though. You can't counter in a juggle, meaning by knowing the combinations I can land free hits on you when your counter fails and inflict more damage per success than you can inflict on me per success, making actual skill and knowledge of the game necessary. That is what distinguishes a good player, along with the previous comment I already gave you. The chance of you winning out in defence is 50/50, but if I know combinations etc, my 50% chance is worth 85% of the damage in the same equation.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Sam Sultan is a well fed troll in this thread.
He's trolling? Doesn't seem that way.

Besides, it's not Thursday. If he was in fact trolling on any other day, that would be bad manners. And I think he's got plenty of manners. =)

Keved's got the best mindset in this thread though. I wish I could use a mic often.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
You don't really know how to play DOA do you, Khaos?
Apparently not! Otherwise, he wouldn't of made that response.. Even though I'm way late, but the stuff you posted Khaos is completely off.. This is coming from somebody whose played DOA from DOA1 all the way to DOA5. Even though I'm playing on a competitive level now.

If you don't understand the fundamentals of DOA, then you've already lost. If don't understand how your character is played, then you've already lost. I can tell you how both of my characters are played & what they rely on in order to win along with everybody else in this thread. Just mashing buttons will get you murked in DOA5.

However, just looking at your posts, you can't back up 1 post that you've made.

Also, This aint no Barney Community: I love you & you love me complex. Like Hajin said, shut up & play you game for what it is. & Nobody is trashing you, SilverKhaos. I never called you an idiot or anything. People just want you to understand the game & how it's played. But then again all these people in thinking you have to look up to em & BEG them to support the game is fucking ridiculous! Hell it's the internet ppl! Get the fuck over it! There are idiots online! Always have been that way! You go offline, you'll meet the most chill ppl there is. Nobody is out to kill you. Everybody respects 1 another as a human being! Might even have something in common where you can meet up & play or something. Don't miss out! I wanna see this community grow! Yes, I give my opinions or 2 cents or whatever in forums. It's because I care to help out!

It's what I came here for. I came to be a part of this community & help the game in any way I can. That means I try to encourage ppl to play in tournaments, understand the game, & convince outsiders to look into the game. Again, like I said in the forum Dr.Dogg. made:

I'm not a high level player. I'm new to competition but not to DOA in general because I have the whole entire DOA collection. I even had to retrace my steps & relearn DOA to play on a deeper level. I try to travel any opportunity I get, don't believe me, ask Allan Paris or HajinShinobi. I've been to 1 tournament & looking to make at least 3 or 4 this year. I have 2 tournaments that I'm lined up for but may have to miss out on 1 because of the fact it may kill my pockets with the check I'm projected to get, but for sure I'm going to Final Round. I can understand that not everybody can travel. I can't always do it.

Like Shadow said, we need to come together as a community. Yes! There are certain things that you have to oblige by. Thats life! Thats anywhere! Go to SF community, VF community, MK community, etc. Same shit! Go in there with the same attitude & complex & see what you get: They'll eat your ass alive!

Again, this is a community. Stop acting like kids, thinking shit supposed to always be your way!

Awesmic

Standard Donor
If you don't understand the fundamentals of DOA, then you've already lost. If don't understand how your character is played, then you've already lost. I can tell you how both of my characters are played & what they rely on in order to win along with everybody else in this thread. Just mashing buttons will get you murked in DOA5.
Don't forget to add the "you win some, you lose some" mantra while you're at it. People will start expecting a quick fix and instantly think they'll be a god overnight.

Case in point: You can understand the fundamentals of DOA, understand your character, try your best, and still lose. It happens to the best of us, but perseverence is key.

NOTE: Awesmic did not make this post.

HiguraShiki

Sam Sultan is a well fed troll in this thread.
He isn't trolling. Trust me I know what trolling is when I see it.
Everything in the lobby is going swell.....that is until, ........a dark figure looms over the room, Mad Max enters the lobby & the chat room goes eerily mute & conversations about the weather & plans for Wednesday turns into conversations about Hitomi & dates with Hitomi...
Character select screen blazes across my monitor as both me & Max highlight Hitomi each, before the fight even begins i receive a message on the top right of my screen saying "Don't pick my girl!", it's too late & the fight begins.
I play my natural game, he plays his. First count goes to Max, second to me 1-1.
Then it goes into reverse, i take a 2-1 lead only for Max to level it up making it 2-2. This is getting intense as i wipe sweat from my mitt.
Last round, nothing to lose & everything to gain, i take the match in an ugly, spam heavy way, but a win is a win. We return to the lobby, Mad Max throws out a few F bombs & leaves. Order is restored, the smell has left & we all simply resume our early convo like nothing had happened.
Me: So plans for Wednesday?
Joe Bloggs: Taking the family for a picnic
Me: Cool
Fin/
See what I mean guys? This guy is the perfect example of what I am trying to tell you.
Idiots like Max talking bullshit and constantly annoying everyone with his love for Hitomi and him talking about how broken everyone except 4 characters are.Then when everyone tells him to STFU, he goes on about how abusive the community is, and for some reason people actually believe his crap.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor

Regardless of how random DOA5 may be it's still a great game that is competitive. In the end if you love the game just play it and have fun and don't let others cloud your judgement.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Don't forget to add the "you win some, you lose some" mantra while you're at it. People will start expecting a quick fix and instantly think they'll be a god overnight.

Well said, and this is exactly what I've told both JDE and Aelivia whenever I'm helping them out with the game. Never allow your wins to boast your ego. Never allow your losses discourage you from trying to improve. Improvment takes time and effort, so don't expect anything major to happen within a day. Keep training and playing for experience.

Raansu

Jeffcore got annoyed at me once because I didn't respect any of Mila's tools. He'd force tech me and either mix it up with 9p 66k or her tackle. It's a complete random guess on what option he's going to choose. I didn't fear the tackle because I can break out of it. I didn't fear the kick because it doesn't reset the tech setup, and I aside from the superman punch being unholdable, I don't really fear that either because it just resets if I hold and its -3 on block. He puts a little bit of pressure on me, but for the most part one simple guess can completely flip the fight around.

And I fear the ground throws even less than the force techs because 9 times out of 10 I'm breaking out of them anyways because they are stupid easy to break out of.

He shouldn't have to make those kind of guesses after a force tech. He already beat me by putting me onto the ground. I made the mistake, I should pay for it. Instead I'm actually rewarded if I guess correctly. That's completely bonkers and infuriating to the player who had to struggle just to get that advantage to begin with.

This situation is 100% random. There is no skill involved here. Either I guess right or I guess wrong, skill was not a factor.

Mailifang

Because, you know, it's not like Julius Erving or Kobe Bryant ever spent any time analysing the mechanics or the plays of basketball. And it's not like Julius Erving ever got in a fist fight with Larry Bird in the middle of the court or Kobe was ever charged with rape. Yes, our pro athletes are always very mature people. Always avoid steroids like Laance Armstrong, obey the law and never spend any time understanding the mechanics of the games, oops, sports they play. Plus they always act as mature as tiger woods running away from his angry wife after cheating on her 80 something times or like Bernard Tomic, driving at 150 Km per hour down an 80 km highway here in Australia. A sportsmans job is to play a sport as best and as efficiently as he can, not be your role model.

Yes our pro athletes are very mature people but they are also HUMAN. As human beings we are not perfect,we make mistakes,we have feelings,we get angry, and at times we do some really stupid things, A person who is mature is not perfect but at least when a mature person makes a mistake they own up to it. They also don't let trash talkers or petty insults from idiots get to them most of the time. But they are a handful of pro athletes who lack maturity and don't want to be a role model.But over time they realize that being stubborn, immature, and an idiot will end up costing them money in the long run. And it has with some of the athletes you mentioned in your sarcasm laced post.

As a professional athlete,one who is in the public eye you are a role model whether you like it or not. Especially if the fans are help paying your salary. Making mistakes or doing something stupid doesn't always mean you lack maturity.Maturity is measured on whether you can can own up to your flaws and correct them.

Jefffcore

Lol. Doing stupid things puts them in the news, and being in the news means people are talking about them. If people are talking about them they're buying their jerseys.

People are the same everywhere.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD