Akira Combos: Weight Specific & Wall Splats

Codemaster92163

Which light weight class? Keep in mind that certain juggles work only on the lightest of the lights, and others work on the rest.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Which light weight class? Keep in mind that certain juggles work only on the lightest of the lights, and others work on the rest.
The characters I have listed in the light weight section of this thread:

Kasumi
Mila
Kokoro
Ayane
Eliot
Alpha
Sarah
Lei Fang
Hitomi
Pai

Codemaster92163

I used to have it narrowed down to only 3 weight classes too (light, mid, heavy) until I found juggles that only worked on feather weights and others that didn't work on welter weights. Akira probably has similar combos somewhere buried in there

Codemaster92163

This is taken from Mr. Wah's list.
:

• Feather
    :eliot: :hitomi: :kokoro: :mila: :sarah:
  • Light
    :alpha152: :ayane: :kasumi:
  • Welter
    :leifang: :pai:
  • Middle
    :akira: :bradwong: :christie: :hayate: :hayabusa: :jannlee: :lisa: :rig: :tina: :zack:
  • Cruiser
    :helena:
  • Heavy
    :genfu:
  • Super Heavy
    :bass: :bayman:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While most of the time feather -> welter weights share the same juggles for me, there are a few that are different and only work on certain ones.

Zeo

I had no idea, particularly Gen Fu being heavy weight. How is it that Helena gets her own tier even heavier than middle weights? Even more how is Christie a middle weight and not a light or feather weight?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Done the last one and already captured as a clip, worked well on Hitomi. The first time was on Christie but completely forgot that she is Mid weight :oops:. Also Sly I'm not particularly sure how I can give you credit since your not actually in the video...I can put you in the end credits roll though, or shout out. Of course it's up to you.

Codemaster92163

She's in a tier of her own because she has different frames coming down from a super-launch than do those above and below her. Tiers are separated into how quickly they hit the floor, and while most launchers leave several of the weight classes in the same juggle category, there are a few launchers or refloats that give you more/less time per tier to do your combo.

Zeo

Most of that I knew already, just that I didn't understand the decision to make her heavier than half the cast.

Codemaster92163

Oh, and Gen isn't heavy in the real sense that we use it. It's just what his tier is called. For all intents and purposes, he's just a slightly heavier mid-weight. I've yet to find a combo that works on the mids that don't on him, to be honest.

And I'm glad to see Alpha go back down to the lightest character in the game. She didn't deserve the weight boost she had in 5. I remember the cool juggles you could do against her in Dimensions :D

Zeo

Yeah he always felt like a slightly heavier mid-weight to me. Alpha felt like she should have been the lightest from the start. I feel weight sub-categories will be more relevant in 5U with combo's like Hayate's CB launching the lightest of weights just a bit higher than before.

It'll probably all be the same to Akira though. Knee > Knee > Knee works on just about everyone.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
@DestructionBomb, no worries dude. You can just get it out there. There should be some new interesting combos coming up in DOA5U. For example, when your opponent is in critical state, and you hit them with a sitdown move, it puts them into a bound state.

@Zeo, everyone but bass and bayman. I'm sure Rachael and Leon will be lumped into that category as well.

@Mr. Wah, will the character forums be brand new for DOA5U or will these still remain the main forum? The reason I ask is because a lot of data is going to change and my threads will become obsolete.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
She's in a tier of her own because she has different frames coming down from a super-launch than do those above and below her. Tiers are separated into how quickly they hit the floor, and while most launchers leave several of the weight classes in the same juggle category, there are a few launchers or refloats that give you more/less time per tier to do your combo.

This is incorrect, and is stated in the weight list thread. The weights don't affect fall speed, they affect launch height. That's why a Super Launcher Throw (Bass' :426::[[H+P]]::268::H+P:) on Kasumi and on Bass, both hit the ground at the same time.

When you knock someone into the air or relaunch them, that's when weight is affected. Kasumi is launched higher than Bass, the middle weights are launched higher than Helena who is launched higher than Gen Fu.

If you have DOA5+ you can test this out yourself, turn on the Fight Details and view the "Height" field. For the purposes of testing I used Bass' :9::P::P::3::K::3::3::P: combo which is hitting the opponent at full threshold while they're crouching - guaranteeing the highest variance in launch heights.

@Mr. Wah, will the character forums be brand new for DOA5U or will these still remain the main forum? The reason I ask is because a lot of data is going to change and my threads will become obsolete.

They'll be staying the same. There's not enough posts in the character boards to warrant brand new boards.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD