Akira Ver 1.03 Changes

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Any of you PS3 users have any insight on the Akira changes? Videos? I have to wait till sometime in Feb for the patch.

Ghosty-J

I have a replay saved of a Ranked match I had with Murakame. It's labeled as unlisted since I plan on editing it in the fashion I did my other Akira replay (v1.02).

*coughdatglitchyocough*

I don't notice much that's different than before other than the damage buff for most of his attacks. His :8::8:/:2::2::P: alone can shave off 50 points of damage.

Also, as it turns out, his :8::8:/:2::2::P+K:can cause a Critical Stun on Normal Hit. But it hardly matters at all since the stun ends way too fast. I can't even link his 9-frame :2::P: while the opponent is stunned to keep the threshold going. You can practically play him in the manner you've always had pretty much XD

saikyom

Considering that PSN Akira players are virtually non-existent, my rampage will be a memorable one~ :3

........Or at least that would be true if only I weren't a scrubby Akira in general <_>;
Let's compete for the scubbiest Akira on psn :)
you can add me so we play when we're both online...I too suffer from the non existant akira players on psn.

Ghosty-J

Let's compete for the scubbiest Akira on psn :)
you can add me so we play when we're both online...I too suffer from the non existant akira players on psn.

HOORAY! AKIRA PAD PLAYERS UNITE!!!

i-love-g-gundam-o.gif

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Holy crap balls, the patch is finally out for xbox? Ugh, I should totally use a sick day right now.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Any of you xbox people out there, start looking for some new tech. I'll be on it tonight.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I figured I'd go over my findings from last night against each enhancement. My comments in green.

- [NEW MOVE] added sidestep P+K. This move is awesome. It should be used to interrupt an attack string. Never throw this out as a casual dodge. When it connects on the opponent, it leaves you at +5 regardless. This leaves you 3 options. 1. Frame trap if they like to press buttons. 2. GBoD follow up. That's ~96 damage together. Last night I landed it 80% of the time. The 20% miss rate is because Galen got wise to me doing it and started ducking. 3. Throw em.
- Changed sidestep speed. If you haven't blown your load over this yet, what are you waiting for?
- 2_6P: shortened the input window for 6 (direction) when performed while crouching. This makes it easier to perform 6_P. I personally didn't notice any change, mainly because I execute this move as :236::P:.
- 2_6PP: changed disadvantage on guard from -6 to 0F. Use this move to close distance. If it isn't blocked, hooray damage, if it is, you're at +0. Get to throwing those jabs or :6::6::P: follow ups.
- 43P2 or 8P+K: fixed an issue that made it hit crouching opponents. :(. Please reference this sad face.
- 46P+K: changed damage from 25 to 32. Your wake up kick destroyer. I'm still trying to nail down the timing of release to make this super reliable.
- 2_46P: changed damage from 30 to 35. :)
- P+K: changed to allow derivative followup moves even after a Critical Finish. Use this. Use it a lot. Then learn how to shoulder ram follow up to force tech them up to continue the pressure.
- 466P+K: changed damage from 50 to 62. Wa wa wee wow. At close hit, it's like 78 damage.
- 6KP: Increased re-launch height when hitting a juggled opponent. I call bullshit on this. I saw no visible change.
- 214P+K: added sidestep tracking. Finally have an answer to hyate and christie's shenanigans. Follow up with :6::6::6::P:, :6_::P:, :H*+K:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K: for guaranteed results!
- H+KP: made it easier to hit juggled opponents. This move is still non existent in my arsenal. I use :8::K: more than this. And might I say, :8::K: is only used when I want to land an insulting blow.
- 3H+KP466P+K: changed damage from 33 to 38. :)
- 2H+KPP: changed damage from 5, 10, 30 to 10, 18, 35. The stun strength on this move has been boosted... A lot. If you want to utilize this in your strings for a wall splat, you'll need to use it early. It has to be your 3rd strike in the string less otherwise it will knock em off their feet.
- 2H+K: corrected the hit reaction on back-turned crouching hit. Did not see this in action yet.
- Back turned P+K: changed startup from 13 to 11F. Again, why have you not made hand relief to this yet?
- Back turned 2H+K: changed disadvantage on guard from -1 to -11. Did not see this in action yet.
- Back turned 2P: changed to have the same performance as 3P+K. It is what it says it is.
- Back turned 2K: changed disadvantage on guard from -11 to -9, corrected hit reaction on back-turned crouching hit. Don't use this anyway, you should be using :P+K:.
- 2T: fixed the long recovery of the grab motion. Allows for faster attacks out of whiffed grabs.
- Sidestep P: changed startup from 33 to 29F. :rolleyes:
- Sidestep K: changed hit reaction on Counter hit or higher to low spin stun. This gets you a guaranteed :6::K::P:. Mid weights allow you a force tech juggle. :6::K::P:, :P:, :H*+K:, :3::H+K:, :P+K:. If you want the damage, :6::K::P:, :P:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K: is a nice option.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes triggered H+KP from about the 3rd frame of H+K when buffering the H+KP input. Yup, they sure did.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I uploaded 4 matches to FSD. You can actually see me utilize a lot of the new content. Especially the SS:P+K: into the GBoD. I love that set up so very much.

Lemme know whatcha guys think. Tips to improve my defense are much appreciated. It's my weak spot.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD