Akira Ver 1.03 Changes

Zeo

- [NEW MOVE] added sidestep P+K.
- Changed sidestep speed. (Buff?)
- 2_6P: shortened the input window for 6 (direction) when performed while crouching. This makes it easier to perform 6_P.
- 2_6PP: changed disadvantage on guard from -6 to 0F.
- 43P2 or 8P+K: fixed an issue that made it hit crouching opponents.
- 46P+K: changed damage from 25 to 32.
- 2_46P: changed damage from 30 to 35.
- P+K: changed to allow derivative followup moves even after a Critical Finish.
- 466P+K: changed damage from 50 to 62.
- 6KP: Increased re-launch height when hitting a juggled opponent.
- 214P+K: added sidestep tracking.
- H+KP: made it easier to hit juggled opponents.
- 3H+KP466P+K: changed damage from 33 to 38.
- 2H+KPP: changed damage from 5, 10, 30 to 10, 18, 35.
- 2H+K: corrected the hit reaction on back-turned crouching hit.
- Back turned P+K: changed startup from 13 to 11F. (God yes.)
- Back turned 2H+K: changed disadvantage on guard from -1 to -11.
- Back turned 2P: changed to have the same performance as 3P+K.
- Back turned 2K: changed disadvantage on guard from -11 to -9, corrected hit reaction on back-turned crouching hit.
- 2T: fixed the long recovery of the grab motion. (No more wakeup kick guessing?)
- Sidestep P: changed startup from 33 to 29F.
- Sidestep K: changed hit reaction on Counter hit or higher to low spin stun.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes triggered H+KP from about the 3rd frame of H+K when buffering the H+KP input.

You guys... we all just got a lot stronger. I hope you're a sidestep happy Akira like me. >:)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Ah. Yeah, I never go to the index page of this site. I have the DOA5 forums in my book mark. I'm curious to see the speed of side step now. It also looks like wave dashing is slowed down. Go figure, I just learned how to do that not that long ago.

Another thing, SS :K: on a counter hit now causes a back turn stumble?

Ghosty-J

These Akira changes just got me all giddy like a schoolgirl. I already sidestep with Akira like no tomorrow, and now I'm gonna be doing it even more :U

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
:P+K: is the opener for the SPoD. Sounds like this update will allow the use of it if the opponent has hit the strike limit.

Zeo

:P+K: is the opener for the SPoD. Sounds like this update will allow the use of it if the opponent has hit the strike limit.
That's pretty gross. The drawback of the move was that it would cause a knockdown if the opponent hit the critical stun threshold, if it can be done at basically any time now... the damage possibilities are crazy. Though most will probably still just go for the CB.

Ghosty-J

For some reason I've always assumed the sidestep "p+k: would basically be a sidestep Tetsuzankou like the original move's backturn counterpart <.<

Ghosty-J

I'm thinking it's going to be the guard break like on 43P, 2 or 8, P+K

That would actually make a lot more sense. I'm already getting hyped up to see this new move in action.

d12de5ff_dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Zeo

- 43P2 or 8P+K: fixed an issue that made it hit crouching opponents.

Just realized what this meant, this is a nerf guys. 43P2/8, 3H+KP2/8 and 2H+KP2/8 both had two followups, P and P+K. The kicker of P+K was that it was a crouch hitting high. Could not be low countered but not mid countered, high countered only. And in the event it was blocked you were left at +6. This is a nerf, not a huge one as the followup isn't used much. But a nerf all the same.

Hopefully his new SS P+K isn't that move, it left you at +6, was slower than his other GBs and if it landed (on NH or even CH) it left a small belly stun on top of being a high that will now whiff on crouching opponents and low holders. If that does end up as the new SS I hope we at least get more than +6 off of it.

That would be alright, but the move is fairly slow and lacks the evasive properties of his current SS P. In addition, his SS P will probably result in more damage if landed on the opponent at the wall. Maybe I've just never had the proper positioning but I don't recall the finisher of SPoD ever giving me a wall splat. It would need to give you a wall splat and be a high crush in order to surpass SS P.

Chaos

ladies and gentleman prepare to throw your controllers like a frisbee because Akira will make you cry out of frustration LOL

Ghosty-J

Considering that PSN Akira players are virtually non-existent, my rampage will be a memorable one~ :3

........Or at least that would be true if only I weren't a scrubby Akira in general <_>;

Ghosty-J

Oh yeah, gonna spoil it for you guys. I regret to inform you that :8::8:/:2::2::P+K: is actually......
A simple sidestep version of :3::P: D:
Which... isn't that bad actually. It can make for some pretty good setups on critical hit. I didn't go into training to mess around with Akira like I wanted, but it's getting late and I have to get up bright and early for class 9am in the morning,

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Oh yeah, gonna spoil it for you guys. I regret to inform you that :8::8:/:2::2::P+K: is actually......
A simple sidestep version of :3::P: D:
Which... isn't that bad actually. It can make for some pretty good setups on critical hit. I didn't go into training to mess around with Akira like I wanted, but it's getting late and I have to get up bright and early for class 9am in the morning,
Wow, um, what's the frame rate on it? It might have the potential to open a combo string if it is quick and leaves you at at least +14.

Zeo

Wow, um, what's the frame rate on it? It might have the potential to open a combo string if it is quick and leaves you at at least +14.
...It's +5 on NH, Galen confirmed that for me. Dunno what it does for CH but I think I'll be sticking with his regular sidesteps.

Ghosty-J

...It's +5 on NH, Galen confirmed that for me. Dunno what it does for CH but I think I'll be sticking with his regular sidesteps.

I'll just stick with his original sidestep moves as usual. I can't imagine finding much of a good use for it since it doesn't have the great damage his SS:P: has.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD