Alpha-152 general discussion

Nightpup

So, it's safe to assume Alpha-152 is going to be cut for DOA6. Which makes me wonder; is she going to be replaced, like Bankotsubo was? If so, by whom?

If Alpha had to be replaced, would you be OK with a futuristic girl with cybernetic enhancements in her place? Things like anti-gravity jet boots, an exoskeleton, energy cannons, etc. Think Metal Gear Rising, basically. Of course, this would also mean this new replacement would lose all of Kasumi's moves that Alpha had. They'd have to be replaced with brand new ones.

Intelligent Alpha

I thought Phase 4 was/is the replacement? (Which I have to say they screwed the pooch). Think about it! That was not Phase 4 was it? Yet, did Lisa not say: "It's Phase 4! What Donovan was planning!"? It was! Just a fake ass version because look at the real thing! (But shes just a fake as ever - that's another story. I mean, damn! We had a "fake Kasumi," so, why not?)

Then, here's where they made the mistake! (IMO) The real Phase 4 we have now, should have been the actual boss! I wish we had a fake Alpha in 4! See where this is going? Remember how Alpha has so much hate for being a boss; yet, Phase 4 is loved by "everybody" - although she is literally a copy of Kasumi! Look, at the quotes:

"I can't avoid this fight!"
"I don't want to hurt you, but I will!"

While all Alpha does is hiss and moan, but beats your ass to boot, no? Taken from Batman Forever: Mr. Freeze to Poison Ivy: "Your emotions make you weak!" And look, Alpha is "OP" compared to the other two! But what did they do? They weakened Alpha! If she was such a bitch in 4 - by her damn self ... having no emotion (that's not true, she was angry as hell!).

Again, though, why didn't they take their time (spare me the Itagaki stuff, that's not the point),since this was indeed Alpha, they could have done a better job if we were just going to get ONE freaking cutscene of Phase 4! I would have taken a legit Phase 4 who was more of a bitch than Alpha was, but no! They made her playable immediately! Why? She's supposed to be an improvement over Alpha, so some kind of real Phase 4 Boss Fight would have been nice. Yet, you tack on the other boss ninjas to aid Alpha knowing you damaged her! If you had left her alone or given us Phase 4 (who again is "better") I wouldn't have an issue!

Yet, the question becomes in relation to Nightpup's is: If Phase 4 is indeed a boss (which I would expect in DOA6), how will she fare? I hope she's freakin' worse than Alpha! That's right! I want her to incite has much hate as possible, but that seems impossible! Imagine if they did this with Alpha? Most bosses aren't playable before you play them! Of course, there's this general hate for playable bosses anyway, but what does this mean for KAHR since they were always playable before the fusion that is Phase 4? Alpha's a fused character, too, but she is still her own damn character as opposed to Phase 4.

I have no idea where they will go though! I do hope this boss is as challenging as Alpha; yet, we all know what the hell happened with that. Having Phase 4 as a boss may be useless since players know her inside and out unless they do some more with her character (and they need too, badly!).

JMHO

Nuke-Nin

I can safely assume I was one of the more (if not most) hyped people for her P4. And after playing her I fell in love I mean, when you first play her and get those teleports down she is fun (for just bull shitting around) but when you go online she turns into our current alpha-152 but with -30 to every attack imaginable in lag and usually outside of lag, I've seen noobs get beaten 3-0 because they couldn't react to being blocked and grabbed... Now that I can see her for who she is and how she plays I can say unbaisedly..she sucks. 66PP is the only thing she can teleport off of and she only has a few follow ups from her stances. Why would a character so god awful ever be created? I mean Nyo should've been released 2nd if not first and a decent male character like Alpha-15(ein) considering it would fit into Rig's re-kickstarting project epsilon even though Hayate isn't even a ninja worth cloning IMO

Intelligent Alpha

I can safely assume I was one of the more (if not most) hyped people for her P4. And after playing her I fell in love I mean, when you first play her and get those teleports down she is fun (for just bull shitting around) but when you go online she turns into our current alpha-152 but with -30 to every attack imaginable in lag and usually outside of lag, I've seen noobs get beaten 3-0 because they couldn't react to being blocked and grabbed... Now that I can see her for who she is and how she plays I can say unbaisedly..she sucks. 66PP is the only thing she can teleport off of and she only has a few follow ups from her stances. Why would a character so god awful ever be created? I mean Nyo should've been released 2nd if not first and a decent male character like Alpha-15(ein) considering it would fit into Rig's re-kickstarting project epsilon even though Hayate isn't even a ninja worth cloning IMO

I gotta hear this explanation! Lag screws everybody! My alpha's been screwed badly in lag and most think she automatically wins with lag (I have gotten such hatemail lol). To be fair, the entire trio is unsafe, but this is why they (the players) try so damn hard to keep defenses from going up and/or moan when they do go up because they think they are supposed to hit somebody all damn day! To these players, throwing doesn't exists - even the stun/poke all day players don't throw and pokes set them up easily! (I should know! Players don't turn into throw-whores unless I piss them off royally with unconscious blocking; yet, I throw in both situations! hth?

But see, this just tells you that players only play her for that damn gimmick as if there is nothing else to her game! Yet, they'll play me and tell me to tone down Alpha's gimmick! Really? I think -- no, I know -- alot of it stems from the hate alpha gets -- regardless of who plays her and how well. Yet, the problem with Phase 4 (and Alpha and Kasumi) is that players play them incorrectly. Not a one of them has any business being in someone's face 24/7 -- not a one, but it's the misconception that they should be played and such (not just them, but the whole cast)

So, yeah, due to her being a "bio-hazard," she's awful, but the ignorance regarding how she should be played is an even bigger one. Some of my friends made up there minds about how I should change my GT and get Phase 4 (and I thought about it), but after taking off my rose-colored glasses (yeah, right!) ... um ... no! And this is more than her stuff being difficult to do. Which is something else. How the fook is Alpha "mashy" and "easy to use," and makes you a worse player, but Phase 4 having "a steep learning curve," make you better? If Alpha is "K all day," Phase 4 is "P+K all day," but she's exempt from hate? gtfoh!

If opponents eyes light up when they see Alpha, I actually cry when I see Phase 4! That's sad!!

synce

DOA6 is probably still three more versions of DOA5 away, so I think it's too soon to make assumptions about Alpha being cut :p I'm totally against such a thing anyway. Alpha is this series' only unique character, I don't want her being replaced with another anime stereotype.

RoboJoe

My belief is that Phase-4 was specifically created by TN to inherit Alpha's moves after Alpha is dead and buried. TN knows they can't sell costumes for Alpha and they know most people hate her so I doubt we'll see her again. I bet P4 will get a powerup in DOA6's story and become closer to Alpha, probably inheriting many of her moves.

Intelligent Alpha

DOA6 is probably still three more versions of DOA5 away, so I think it's too soon to make assumptions about Alpha being cut :p I'm totally against such a thing anyway. Alpha is this series' only unique character, I don't want her being replaced with another anime stereotype.

Three or more versions of 5? What the ever-loving -- I can't! Why do we have a third version of 5 anyway? Seven years between 4 and 5 and we only got one version of 4! TBH, they may as well do away with her because all we ever hear is: "This OP/cheap/spammy bitch!" all the while having the crap beat out of us by tryhards (some ironically, being cheap and spammy themselves and this is their retort! Go figure, right?) "Spam :P: all day," but get the noob tag when you're her. Of course, why not?

But get this: (and the wiki could be wrong), but I read that Phase 4 is Kasumi a redone - check her full name! So, yeah! I guess if Ka can return, but who hated her? However, what more can/will they do to harm her? It's not enough that she can be beaten so easily. Which also bothers me!

I've noticed this garbage:

Let's say, you and I play the same person as Alpha. I bet this will happen - simply put, you will get more respect than I would! Um, why? It's the same damn character. Why would I get less respect than you? I see this too much - even among friends! The same stuff can be done and it's not the player in this case.

Like you said, Alpha is too unique and you said "ONLY!" So, you know, what that means! *gasps* ITA! Phase 4 is 100% ninja - Alpha is not! (If you're curious, she's a mix of Kasumi (mostly) Ayane (the :mid::K: Burst, BT :8_::K: ) and Helena (:K: x5 string; Helena does only three) (say what?) The only Alpha move I see is the PB! (:K: x5)

RoboJoe: "My belief is that Phase-4 was specifically created by TN to inherit Alpha's moves after Alpha is dead and buried. TN knows they can't sell costumes for Alpha and they know most people hate her so I doubt we'll see her again. I bet P4 will get a powerup in DOA6's story and become closer to Alpha, probably inheriting many of her moves."

I just got through saying how she's not unique already! Giving her Alpha's moveset will not fix this. A fifth "ninja" will have been added only! Yet, you say, since Alpha is hated, why on Earth would they pass on her move-set to Phase 4? It was bad enough Alpha was deemed a Kasum clone since she has over half her move-set!

Imagine if Kasumi could do what Alpha can now? (:236: all damn day!)? She can already teleport, counter (and it mean something) and parry spam (Thankfully, they split these attributes between Alpha (can't hold, but parry) and Phase 4 (can't parry, but hold; yet, can telespam forward while only AI Alpha can teleport freely? Balance, my ass!

So, I ask again, how would this be smart if Phase 4 were to inherit Alpha's move-set since Alpha's so vehemently despised? I know it's just a thought, but were you thinking?

"Let's make Phase 4 stronger!"
"The last time we made a "stronger Kasumi," people bitched!"
"But we nerfed the jelly outta her! And people are still complaining?"
"IKR! I wonder when the please buff Phase 4 cries will begin?"
"Nah! They're too busy playing her like they already do with Kasumi. Yet, I hear no complaints about her or Kasumi being weak. Why would they? Although they are ridiculously over-extending themselves to match what they deem is OP!"
Logic!
Logic?

Last edited:

Nightpup

Actually, AI Alpha-152 can't do anything unique to herself anymore. She lost her sidestep, she lost her unique strings, she lost her teleports.

Intelligent Alpha

Actually, AI Alpha-152 can't do anything unique to herself anymore. She lost her sidestep, she lost her unique strings, she lost her teleports.

Do you know why? I'm sure you do! But look at this: see the irony? "The neutral teleporting will be abused by players! We didn't think about the forward teleport abuse! That's a big part of her game!" (Spacing isn't - especially concerning Alpha?) Look at what is happening? Yeah, it is sad that she is an average character now! Taking what made her useful, so everyone else wouldn't feel useless! Nice! TBH, there's nothing unique about Phase 4 either! Has TN run out of ideas? (I hear enough of the "not another ninja!" lament. KWIM?)

Hold up though! No one else has a grab that takes at least 2/3 health or catch grabs that stretch half to full screen! Oh, wait a minute - I can name at least three, but Alpha's a problem? Run throws! Everybody can do that - not just those of whom are "supposed" to! GMAB! But yeah, she's unique in that no other character in DOA or in general garners more hate than ever! I wish she would lose that but it won't happen! No matter how much crap everyone else can get away with!

Intelligent Alpha

AI Alpha 152 can teleport when she pleases in DOA5U.

That's AI - we're talking human players! Shit Phase 4 teleports more and this isn't abusive? Don't give me that, "it's part of her game," garbage! But would that make a difference? All pponents will do is rush aka dash + mash!

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

Nightpup

Alpha 222

I thought Phase 4 was/is the replacement? (Which I have to say they screwed the pooch). Think about it! That was not Phase 4 was it? Yet, did Lisa not say: "It's Phase 4! What Donovan was planning!"? It was! Just a fake ass version because look at the real thing! (But shes just a fake as ever - that's another story. I mean, damn! We had a "fake Kasumi," so, why not?)

Then, here's where they made the mistake! (IMO) The real Phase 4 we have now, should have been the actual boss! I wish we had a fake Alpha in 4! See where this is going? Remember how Alpha has so much hate for being a boss; yet, Phase 4 is loved by "everybody" - although she is literally a copy of Kasumi! Look, at the quotes:

"I can't avoid this fight!"
"I don't want to hurt you, but I will!"

While all Alpha does is hiss and moan, but beats your ass to boot, no? Taken from Batman Forever: Mr. Freeze to Poison Ivy: "Your emotions make you weak!" And look, Alpha is "OP" compared to the other two! But what did they do? They weakened Alpha! If she was such a bitch in 4 - by her damn self ... having no emotion (that's not true, she was angry as hell!).

Again, though, why didn't they take their time (spare me the Itagaki stuff, that's not the point),since this was indeed Alpha, they could have done a better job if we were just going to get ONE freaking cutscene of Phase 4! I would have taken a legit Phase 4 who was more of a bitch than Alpha was, but no! They made her playable immediately! Why? She's supposed to be an improvement over Alpha, so some kind of real Phase 4 Boss Fight would have been nice. Yet, you tack on the other boss ninjas to aid Alpha knowing you damaged her! If you had left her alone or given us Phase 4 (who again is "better") I wouldn't have an issue!

Yet, the question becomes in relation to Nightpup's is: If Phase 4 is indeed a boss (which I would expect in DOA6), how will she fare? I hope she's freakin' worse than Alpha! That's right! I want her to incite has much hate as possible, but that seems impossible! Imagine if they did this with Alpha? Most bosses aren't playable before you play them! Of course, there's this general hate for playable bosses anyway, but what does this mean for KAHR since they were always playable before the fusion that is Phase 4? Alpha's a fused character, too, but she is still her own damn character as opposed to Phase 4.

I have no idea where they will go though! I do hope this boss is as challenging as Alpha; yet, we all know what the hell happened with that. Having Phase 4 as a boss may be useless since players know her inside and out unless they do some more with her character (and they need too, badly!).

JMHO

They need to give her Kasumi Alpha move set or part of it at least she such in un safe character besides Kasumi a, Alpha 152 and Phase 4 are the same person you know keep her teleporting moves just add more of kasumi a's moves so she can have more in pack in a fight

Intelligent Alpha

They need to give her Kasumi Alpha move set or part of it at least she such in un safe character besides Kasumi a, Alpha 152 and Phase 4 are the same person you know keep her teleporting moves just add more of kasumi a's moves so she can have more in pack in a fight

How is what she already has not enough? Like I said, just make do with what she has. It is kinda unfair that she can win with only two moves by capitalizing on a mistake. However, I think having them and capitalizing on them does make it fair. As I said, she is a glass-cannon character.

Alpha 222

How is what she already has not enough? Like I said, just make do with what she has. It is kinda unfair that she can win with only two moves by capitalizing on a mistake. However, I think having them and capitalizing on them does make it fair. As I said, she is a glass-cannon character.

I like Kasumi a to me Phase 4 is like bring back a stronger Kasumi a but lacking some of her good moves and not all Phase 4's moves need to be teleport base which is where the Kasumi a move set comes in to play don't get me wrong I like Phase 4 in fact very good with her put she is a Kasumi clone guys which mean she need a little more of Kasumi's moves Phase 4 is missing a few kicks of Kasumi a/ Kasumi and that (K)( K)( K) attack that she finishes with Alpha 152's Attack no I don't like that attack give her Kasumi a (K)(K)(K) attack much better in my opinion and I also don't like her (H+K) move either they need to get rid of her (H+K) attack and give her Kasumi's (H+K) attack by the way sorry I did not know how to insert strike attacks so I Type theme

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD