Alpha-152 general discussion

synce

good alpha players dont post much any more. It sucks but at the moment it feels like hey look at what i found =nerf. Your best chance is to get games online with others.

@synce im stealing one of your pics for my avatar lol

Haha that's cool, I'm flattered. I didn't even know you played Alpha

Alpha mirrors though... I still remember back in vanilla days, when she was a monster. That was DOA at its best

Intelligent Alpha

You think Vanilla 5 Alpha was a monster, you should've seen DOA Dimensions Alpha.

Yep! Seeing footage haven't played it! You think people hated her in 4 ... Dimensions shits on 5! I wonder if that's where the nerfing really started.

Synce - Where is the nerf list for Alpha? A friend is wanting to know.

Nightpup

Tell me more, sir. I just know the lifebar was smaller and she had a sweet looking sidestep. She gets so low...
Had a cool sidestep
7K was +2 on block
66P was +8 on block
3K was -1 on block and also distance-safe.
4KKKK did 94 damage on normal hit.
2141236T did 80 damage.
8T did 75 damage.
66T was a 10-frame Offensive Hold and did 60 damage.
Standard juggle on every weight was PPPPPP, 6PPP.
K strings could actually be delayed.
PK was a normal hit launcher.
Was a regular lightweight, not feather.
Had 0-death combos on Danger Zone and Genetic Biolab - Advanced

synce

Haha that is gross. Like DOA2 Tengu gross. Was her PP2KKK guaranteed on block like in vanilla? I'm not sure if that was a glitch or what.

Yep! Seeing footage haven't played it! You think people hated her in 4 ... Dimensions shits on 5! I wonder if that's where the nerfing really started.

Synce - Where is the nerf list for Alpha? A friend is wanting to know.

Sorry I don't have it anymore and the twitter was taken down.

MiSS KEiSHH

Fun to play with until you constantly get your ass beat with no effort! Not that many of us in general; so, good is severely limiting the spoiltjellyjar.
Lol so true. As soon as you hit the ground, someone is already in your face trying to grab or punch their way to victory. I play her from time to time; more often than other characters. Even w. all the nerfs she received, she still very much playable just not as good >.<

Intelligent Alpha

Lol so true. As soon as you hit the ground, someone is already in your face trying to grab or punch their way to victory. I play her from time to time; more often than other characters. Even w. all the nerfs she received, she still very much playable just not as good >.<

Haven't I seen/played you before? And yes, #spoiltjelly is mine - don't anyone steal it! And welcome to FSD! Have fun! You'll learn alot here! XD

MiSS KEiSHH

It's too awesome to steal lol and you probably have. I've been playing doa for years now. I main kasumi and jann lee. FSD is the best. I've always heard of the website but never checked it out until a few weeks ago. By far one of the best decisions in my life lol. Who knew the doa community was so friendly and helpful. I run into a bunch of dickholes all day so this is a pleasant change of pace

Last edited:

synce

I still use her on PS3. Against average players she's definitely still useable despite the nerfage.

A good player will never end his Alpha juggles with a knockback or anything that leaves her in a position to do special wakeup, they'll always be in your face. These people are extremely rare on PS3 these days

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I had this discussion with someone on Facebook in the Competitive DOA Group in reference to Kasumi & Alpha's parries & why she gets hit after she parries. It may be useful here too, so I'll leave it here.

Their parries don't work the same. They're not meant to work the same. Kasumi's parries come from DOA2U, but received a buff from those states. That's a problem that you want to discuss with Team Ninja.

You are getting parried. Why would you be disadvantaged when you get parried? When you do an advanced parry, you're committing to hoshinpo, the same way Kasumi does she uses her's lol. That's what it sounds like it. That has to be at a MASSIVE negative in order for you to get them guaranteed.

If not, then they'll recover in time to hit you out of the stance. Like in the middle of performing a string. This isn't a problem with the character's parries. It's not a game problem. This is a personal problem, just a lack of knowledge of how they're used.

You have to go & look through every character's toolset (frame data) with Alpha to make sure you get something, not just those 4. You can't just "parry" & then expect to get something out of them every single time. They all work differently against character's strings & tools.

So if you're getting hit by characters after your parries, then you may not in an advantageous situation because the use of the parries varies depending on the type of move that's being parried.

Ayane & Hayate don't have parries, but they have expert holds. Nor do they escape Kasumi's. If Ayane spins away, she gets hit by 66K for free. If she rolls, 3P+KK is free lol.

Also, ALPHA is NOT Kasumi, plain & simple, so Kasumi getting her advantage always from her's because like I said before, she received her parries from DOA2 & 4 to where she also got buffed in the way that they are used. So again, this is something that you would want to take up with Shimbori, Hayashi & Team Ninja.

Chapstick

I always wondered why Kasumi can parry everything but Alpha SS's some moves when she parries. I guess that can be chalked up to "they're different"

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yeah Alpha is not Kasumi... one character gets hit with the nerf bat every patch, and one character either gets a minor nerf or buffs. Kasumi is a pretty lame character actually. She teaches people that it's okay to run from their problems, and that they will likely be rewarded for it.

Now on to Alpha's parry. It fucking sucks. Depending on the range of the move being done to her, it can be deemed useless; and with no other defensive options that are worth a shit; well I guess you are up shit's creek huh? Unless your source is an Alpha player, I doubt he really knows how bad it sucks. I wish my parry had a throw that I could "commit" to.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yeah Alpha is not Kasumi... one character gets hit with the nerf bat every patch, and one character either gets a minor nerf or buffs. Kasumi is a pretty lame character actually. She teaches people that it's okay to run from their problems, and that they will likely be rewarded for it.

Now on to Alpha's parry. It fucking sucks. Depending on the range of the move being done to her, it can be deemed useless; and with no other defensive options that are worth a shit; well I guess you are up shit's creek huh? Unless your source is an Alpha player, I doubt he really knows how bad it sucks. I wish my parry had a throw that I could "commit" to.
Huh???

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD