DOA5LR Analysis of Honoka's Moveset

KING JAIMY

So no Marie Rose, Nyotengu and P4 (understandable as far as canon is concerned, I guess), Rachel, Momiji (none of the newer characters, it seems, save for Leon), Alpha, or Kasumi.
She also got none of the VF characters' moves, which is understandable.

Like other people have already said, I guess Raidou's movelist will be more based on the ninja moves and Honoka's movelist based on 'civilian-like' characters' moves.

Codemaster92163

She also got none of the VF characters' moves, which is understandable.

Like other people have already said, I guess Raidou's movelist will be more based on the ninja moves and Honoka's movelist based on 'civilian-like' characters' moves.

That would make sense, then, as to the paucity of ninja moves she's mimicking. Though playing him in Dimensions, he was more of his own character than anything else. He's a copycat to be sure, but nowhere near to the extent Honoka is. He sort of takes a few moves here and there, changes them up a bit, and plays like a unique character.

KING JAIMY

That would make sense, then, as to the paucity of ninja moves she's mimicking. Though playing him in Dimensions, he was more of his own character than anything else. He's a copycat to be sure, but nowhere near to the extent Honoka is. He sort of takes a few moves here and there, changes them up a bit, and plays like a unique character.
Yes, you're right. At least Raidou had his own throws and a unique projectile. I feel the same way as you feel about Raidou.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
After reviewing the video again, I don't see Mila's 4PK. Where in the video did you see it because I might have missed it because if she has it she may have Mila's Takedown cancel from it as well (God save us all).

KING JAIMY

After reviewing the video again, I don't see Mila's 4PK. Where in the video did you see it because I might have missed it because if she has it she may have Mila's Takedown cancel from it as well (God save us all).
I spotted it at around the 0:54 mark of the video. To be honest, I wasn't 100% sure about it and assumed it was Mila's 4PK, judging by the animation. The command also doesn't have a Japanese name (''Jab, Front Kick'' is the name of the command) and I couldn't think of anyone else who has such an animation.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Oh, that is Bass' PK, I wonder if the full string PKK will make it in (guess it helps that I play male characters that NOBODY plays). Mila's is a hook into a cancel-able kick (3K).

Nikotsumi

So i rewatched the video too and noticed that her PPP is a transition into Dragon Stance and not Hissatsu no Kamae stance. So far her movelist is really interesting, i also wonder which throw is her HnK T - 8T

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Because I'm curious, Zack players tell me, is that 4K2 string a real Zack string? If it isn't than it is a mix of Mila's 4K into Zacks ducking.

BTW you may want to inlcude a link to the video in the OP. I'm an idiot.

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

Yes, it is a real string. 4K2 leaves him at +1 with an option to beat out everything an opponent can use. It's really quite good.

Also, if it functions anything like Zack's does (against a wall, at least), she's going to be a beast with wall damage.

I DOUBLE-POSTED!!!

tumblr_m213v1zCbK1rsk72no1_250.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

KING JAIMY

Oh, that is Bass' PK, I wonder if the full string PKK will make it in (guess it helps that I play male characters that NOBODY plays). Mila's is a hook into a cancel-able kick (3K).
Removed Mila's 4PK and added Bass' PK.
I also play Bass and feel kinda dumb for not recognizing it. I kinda wish PKP makes it in as a full string.

Anyone knows where her BT K is from? The player does it on accident at the 7:32 mark of the video. It seems like a reliable juggle/refloat as well.

I DOUBLE-POSTED!!!

tumblr_m213v1zCbK1rsk72no1_250.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD